Review Dees v West Horsham - Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watch one of the old ones they're all the same.
653101.jpg

Sparrow was good again tonight. After a crap R1 he’s actually having a solid season so far.
He was alright for him, pass game, smoother was good but still such a low impact player overall

Sparrow was good again tonight. After a crap R1 he’s actually having a solid season so far.
Would have been exciting if it was 5 games into his career. It's just more of the same tho.

playing like we did , and still winning is a plus . We still have issues that will need to be addressed come finals time , but now its about getting points .

Jake Lever:

1712239811073.gif

Good: Mcvee. I said in the pre-season that I wanted him to get more of the footy. 3 out of 4 games this year he's had 20 (including the kickins) but he's been fantastic.

Bad: JVR dropping marks again. Even basic chest marks.

Ugly: Kozzie Pickett likely to miss a week. Just silly. Yeah it was soft, but he jumped off the ground and got him in the head. He'll go.

The good: Fritta setting up the win with accurate goal kicking. He, JVR and Pickett combined for 7.1

The bad: The rest of the team kicked 3.14 with 4 rushed, and after JVR goaled with minutes left in the 3rd quarter we kicked 0.7.

The fugly: That last quarter was atrocious, couldn't wait for the siren to go. Picket likely getting suspended again, hopefully only a week but he just has to get that out of his game. No doubt Topkent will crucify this but Nathan Williamson sure did his hardest to get the Crows over the line too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ugly: kozzie has being a sniper ingrained at this point. whats that, 3x in 12 months? just stop jumping into people you potato.

The good: Fritta setting up the win with accurate goal kicking. He, JVR and Pickett combined for 7.1

The bad: The rest of the team kicked 3.14 with 4 rushed, and after JVR goaled with minutes left in the 3rd quarter we kicked 0.7.

The fugly: That last quarter was atrocious, couldn't wait for the siren to go. Picket likely getting suspended again, hopefully only a week but he just has to get that out of his game. No doubt Topkent will crucify this but Nathan Williamson sure did his hardest to get the Crows over the line too.
Dead right about Williamson.

Good: McVee, Chandler, Sparrow. May was surprising too, very impactful, I was anticipating he would have a quiet game.

Bad: Watching JVR, Brown, Petty and Fritsch appeal for free kicks every time the ball is in their vicinity is getting insufferable. Is this being coached into them by Stafford? The worst example was JVR dropping a chest mark, then tripping over his own feet and appealing for the free kick; gtfoh, you don't get a do-over for a bad play.

JVR still in bad form. He needs a spell in the VFL, let him have a few dominant games to get his confidence up.

Need to watch more tape but Windsor needs to work on his disposal. He seems completely allergic to kicking or handballing on his left side, but I am not sure if it was coincidental or deliberate. When he couldn't wheel around to his right side he ended up throwing the ball over his head and was lucky to not be pinged for incorrect disposal. I hope this is something that is being worked, it will make him a much more effective player. Need to stamp out bad habits early before it becomes his dna.

The side capitulating and letting the Crows go on a run once BBB was subbed off. He is our talisman. Our victory cigar.

Fugly: Kozzy sniping again. He doesn't learn, and you would you think he would have gained more awareness of the devastating impacts on other player's careers following the Brayshaw/Maynard incident. He won't change, he is a grub.

Good: McVee, Chandler, Sparrow. May was surprising too, very impactful, I was anticipating he would have a quiet game.

Bad: Watching JVR, Brown, Petty and Fritsch appeal for free kicks every time the ball is in their vicinity is getting insufferable. Is this being coached into them by Stafford? The worst example was JVR dropping a chest mark, then tripping over his own feet and appealing for the free kick; gtfoh, you don't get a do-over for a bad play.

JVR still in bad form. He needs a spell in the VFL, let him have a few dominant games to get his confidence up.

Need to watch more tape but Windsor needs to work on his disposal. He seems completely allergic to kicking or handballing on his left side, but I am not sure if it was coincidental or deliberate. When he couldn't wheel around to his right side he ended up throwing the ball over his head and was lucky to not be pinged for incorrect disposal. I hope this is something that is being worked, it will make him a much more effective player. Need to stamp out bad habits early before it becomes his dna.

The side capitulating and letting the Crows go on a run once BBB was subbed off. He is our talisman. Our victory cigar.

Fugly: Kozzy sniping again. He doesn't learn, and you would you think he would have gained more awareness of the devastating impacts on other player's careers following the Brayshaw/Maynard incident. He won't change, he is a grub.
For * sake

He was alright for him, pass game, smoother was good but still such a low impact player overall
I thought the fox footy pump up was a bit over the top, he's been good last couple of weeks but it's nothing special. His impact is good because he has good players around him ( though Oliver was down last night) but in a bottom team he wouldn't pumped up as much.

Unlike someone , i am not fussed by JVR's game . It is what it is .
I don't think we can accept that performance from him if we are legit. He needs to be better otherwise he's just a back up ruckman and in that case we may as well play Fullarton. We know what a good JVR looks like so I think that's why he's been so disappointing. Having said that I do think there are some signs of his best footy.

Tell you what, 2 wins in 5 days interstate against both Adelaide teams is massive for the way the season plays out. We’re now 4-1 with 3/5 games played interstate. 12/18 remaining games at the G, and of the six non-MCG games, one is Marvel, one is West Coast away and one is the Alice game. Freo at Optus, Gold Coast up there and Brisbane at the Gabba are higher risk. I’m not saying we will be unbeatable at the G, but we have given ourselves some buffer if we drop one or two.

I thought the fox footy pump up was a bit over the top, he's been good last couple of weeks but it's nothing special. His impact is good because he has good players around him ( though Oliver was down last night) but in a bottom team he wouldn't pumped up as much.

I don't think we can accept that performance from him if we are legit. He needs to be better otherwise he's just a back up ruckman and in that case we may as well play Fullarton. We know what a good JVR looks like so I think that's why he's been so disappointing. Having said that I do think there are some signs of his best footy.
All our key forwards looked s**t. They have 4 guys who wanna mark the ball and one footy. Don't think until they fire the vegan campaigner into the sun JVR will dominate

Good: Us standing up at the right moments and absorbing heat against opponents with their backs to the wall. This will stand us in good stead against the Lions, who even if they beat Hawthorn, will want the W badly to breathe life into a sputtering season.

Another positive is how unbelievably powerful Tracc has become. I’ve never seen a player at Melbourne as skillful and powerful with a bag of tricks deeper than most. The Crows seemed consigned to limiting the damage he was doing when he got the pill.

Bad: Benny Brown was barely sighted, but this should be viewed critically. With him in the side, we get straightened up exponentially. However, it would be nicer for him to get a sneaky 1 to 2 goals on top of that.

Ugly: Jack Billings’ misses were gettable but he needs to learn to tackle if he wants to stay in the side. The vigor he showed in at least two attempts was horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back