Review Dees v West Horsham - Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Friends, VB is ditch-water compared with West Horsham's nectar of the gods . . . . West End Lager. I will be keenly watch this debacle (Crows by 10 points) to determine the WH bogans are more inbred than their Port counterparts.

Yeah, we were mediocre at best, but not stressed at all. Coming off a five-day break, carrying some sore players, playing interstate second week in a row. I'll take it and move on happily.

McVee and Windsor are massive reasons for optimism. Huge effort from May, too.

I thought Adelaide started to find some form as that game went on and they can be hard to beat in Adelaide.

I thought most of the team did well but nobody was really that consistent for all four quarters (edited to say except Petracca).

So an average performance but still netting the 4 points. Would rather the team ramps up near the end of the year so I am not upset with the overall performance.

Last edited:
Meh game, we looked a bit gassed and defaulted into old habits.

Adelaide though this season, the spirted loss late comeback kings

More of the same really.

I'll not taking my veil off until I see two things.

1. Our tackles being effective at holding the ball in.

2. Our handballs in tight hitting targets and our midfielders running out of stoppages with clean possession as a result.

These two things were features of 2021.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a great game, crows especially bad and made it pretty easy for our interceptors. Good to punish them enough to get a lead and hold on with lots of cooked players in the last quarter but we'll have to be better against good opposition.

Not heaps of great individual games but Windsor and McVee both showed plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t game but can't complain about going 2-0 off this little road trip.

Hell of a lot of improvement required but 4-1 is a really strong start.
Yep pencilled in at least one of those games as a loss looking at the fixture. Probably should have been a bit more comfortable in the end, but perhaps boys a bit tired/sore.

Backline was good again.

Forward line letting us down again. Petty and JVR really were poor and just couldn't take their opportunities. Brown was basically invisible, it's pretty bad how easily defenders just run off him. (Except that chase down tackle in the last)

Really is a take the win and move on sort of game.

Unsure …..there doesn’t seem to be any chemistry between Fritsch and JVR . I know it’s early days but-too many times they fly for the same balls .
Its not just those two, we always have 5 idiots going for the same ball.

TMac winding back the clock in defence and using the ball well by keeping it simple. Not trying to bite off more than he should and taking intercepting marks. Very handy, hope it continues.

He did some very basic things well, I noticed a spoil he did that should have been a mark to a Crows player. I think this role in the background really suits him.

Trac, McVee, Windsor clean, superb.
May and Lever back to their best
Gawn and Chandler fine
Get in the bin the rest of you.
Take the win, burn the tape/order it from Name a Game.

Billing’s had some disappointing moments with pretty soft tackle attempts but he could have also kicked at least 2 and delivers the ball well. Think that was always the knock on him at the Saints, hopefully he keeps working on his contest cause our forward half is better for his delivery.

Melbourne has its mojo back. Efficiency in forward line has improved. You guys are going to be very very hard to beat.

The Fugly:

Stats on the AFL website crashing. Someone said Matt Crouch had 26 possessions for 83 metres gained and I need that confirmed, because that's an unbelievable performance from one of the league's biggest plodders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back