MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Fischer McAsey is stepping down from AFL. Saw this on the Adelaide board, couldn't help thinking of a poster here.

"Weak as piss. Woeful waste of a pick. Does anyone remember the look on his face draft night when we called him?? He flat out looked shattered. Called it at that moment that he’d be gone asap."

I'm with you Proper Gander, think I've had my last drinkie for a while.

Probably only touched alcomohol two or three times during the lockdown years anyway, and one of those was grand final 2021 I needed a stiff one when bont kicked that goal in the third. So i guess not much of a change really. Now I'm gym junkie and exercise man, kinda like kate bush I'm "running up the hills". I just can't justify the calories I'd rather just have a slurpee from 7-11 (I eat like a pig still tbh). Quit weed though which is pretty amazing for me, I mean I'm in my 40's so probably somewhat overdue (actually I haven't really quit I just stopped rolling joints every day but same same). Anyway booze is a scam I reckon. If you feel like blowing off some steam, I recommend magic mushrooms, they're like the opposite of alcohol in that if you have shitloads of them you actually feel better the next day, not worse. YMMV.

Anyway, speaking of mindfulness and self-improvement, I'm back at work and need some recommendations on cooking and architecture shows to pass some time.

Big Architecture Digest and Bon Apetit fan here, I really love watching Brad cook things, even if it's something I haven't and will never eat, like this video here. I love how expressive he is, and how he turns away from the camera every time he tastes his own s**t, like woah this is so good I can't even show you my face while I'm eating it.

Also really like Epicurious but the pro-chefs always s**t me like the cooking challenge will be "make gravy" and the campaigner will roast a whole chicken an add every vegetable known to man with eggs he's prepared six months later and half a farm, if there's only a drop of gravy in the meal you can't really say the dish is gravy anymore?

Ex-Demon Toby Bedford injured his hamstring in match simulation drills last Friday. Bedford will miss up to three months

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

I think the Crows are the big smokey for the 8. Port, Blues and Crows should be pushing hard for finals. Freo, GWS vulnerable IMO. Swans and Pies the interesting watches from finals last season. Like watching both teams but you can make a case for both remaining in top 4, or falling. Hard seeing Cats/Lions not up the top end. Genuinely can make a case for 13 teams to make finals. IMO Hawks, Kangas, Saints, WCE and Bombers will struggle to push for finals. Everyone else a chance. We're going to have to be fit and play well to be at the pointy end. Should be a great season. With the list we have, we should be capable of snagging another premiership. But they are bloody hard to win. Let's go!

I think the Crows are the big smokey for the 8. Port, Blues and Crows should be pushing hard for finals. Freo, GWS vulnerable IMO. Swans and Pies the interesting watches from finals last season. Like watching both teams but you can make a case for both remaining in top 4, or falling. Hard seeing Cats/Lions not up the top end. Genuinely can make a case for 13 teams to make finals. IMO Hawks, Kangas, Saints, WCE and Bombers will struggle to push for finals. Everyone else a chance. We're going to have to be fit and play well to be at the pointy end. Should be a great season. With the list we have, we should be capable of snagging another premiership. But they are bloody hard to win. Let's go!
Completely agree, Crows heading in the right direction and with the additional round being in Adelaide, gives them 13 at AO, I mean it’s only 1 additional game but still they'll be a bit harder to beat. Port Adelaide had a s**t start to last season losing the first 5 before ending up with 10 and the best percentage out of the 8. A 2-3 start would have seen them in. I think gws are more than vulnerable they'll have a year of pain, would lump them with kangaroos, hawthorn and West Coast. I'm not sure if I will lump saints with the bottom teams but apparently they have a terrible injury list, may struggle to get going but they are 9th or 10th at best anyway. Pies and swans will be in interesting watch. Teams tend to go down after a gf flogging.

Agree the Crows are on the right track but still a very young team. Don't see them making finals yet. Port, Carlton should be thereabouts from last yearstnear misses.
GC might even sort their s**t out and have a proper crack at finals; or even not s**t the bed after June would be interesting.
Especially Carlton. They had to win only one of their last four against Crows,Lions us and Pies to make the finals, and every loss made them tighten and tighten. Their fans felt it too.

Dermie just said Hogan has played the best footy of his career at the Giants.

Huddo and Brad Johnson agreed :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oskar Baker looking like a competent footballer? 😮 Though it is against North, who, to be fair, are probably below the standard of Casey's opponents.

Any big takeaways from the preseason for other teams?

Always hard to judge on these games but GWS surprised me yesterday with how good they looked.

Eagles look poor again and I was expecting a spike this year.

Crows could get close to the 8 but I doubt they make it.

Lions look a real threat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any big takeaways from the preseason for other teams?

Always hard to judge on these games but GWS surprised me yesterday with how good they looked.

Eagles look poor again and I was expecting a spike this year.

Crows could get close to the 8 but I doubt they make it.

Lions look a real threat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ashcroft is gonna be a Superstar. Lions the team to beat imo based on list and small sample size. I think Cats and us are the three to beat this season. Crows big smokey for me. Gonna be very hard to beat them at home. Swans a real threat too. Bombers, Port and Suns most disappointing. But hey, it's practice games so who tf knows. But I like what we've shown so far.

Ashcroft is gonna be a Superstar. Lions the team to beat imo based on list and small sample size. I think Cats and us are the three to beat this season. Crows big smokey for me. Gonna be very hard to beat them at home. Swans a real threat too. Bombers, Port and Suns most disappointing. But hey, it's practice games so who tf knows. But I like what we've shown so far.

Find it interesting you’re so big on the crows, to me feels like they have a good forwardline and the rest of their team is bottom 4 material.

Find it interesting you’re so big on the crows, to me feels like they have a good forwardline and the rest of their team is bottom 4 material.
When they're on they look good but see them being wildly inconsistent and dominated by the better teams.

Especially Carlton. They had to win only one of their last four against Crows,Lions us and Pies to make the finals, and every loss made them tighten and tighten. Their fans felt it too.
They had games earlier in the season that cost them too, I think they blew massive leads and only just hung on. Think they had a 50 point lead against Port and won by 3. Hawthorn maybe 6 or 7 up and ended up winning by a point. Missed by .6 % very similar to Melbourne in 2017.

They had games earlier in the season that cost them two, I think they blew massive leads and only just hung on. Think they had a 50 point lead against Port and won by 3. Hawthorn maybe 6 or 7 up and ended up winning by a point. Missed by .6 % very similar to Melbourne in 2017.
Yeah it was kind of absurd how many wins they got away with by the skin of their teeth early on. Came back to bite them in the end.

Not so much for Collingwood who had the most blessed run of close games ever.

Yeah it was kind of absurd how many wins they got away with by the skin of their teeth early on. Came back to bite them in the end.

Not so much for Collingwood who had the most blessed run of close games ever.
I think quite often Collingwood were the ones coming from behind. It's hard to stop teams that are playing with nothing to lose going for the win. Carlton by contrast were defending comebacks to hang on.

There's potentially a lot of teams that could make the 8 that missed last year. The problem is which teams comes out. I really can only predict potentially 3, Richmond Bulldogs and Freo. I would say Carlton, Port and gcs from outside and if you include Adelaide, that's 3 spots up for grabs between 7 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back