Review GBF - Dees v Bears - Where is biff?

Remove this Banner Ad

More specifically I've been steadfast our forward line wouldn't work with the set up but half a good quarter from Brown had people flip flopping he was decent again. Since he's been back in JVR has been dog s**t. Winning or losing I could see that a mile off
I don't think JVR being s**t correlates with Brown playing. It's more intricate then that. As you noted earlier Fritsch and Petty both sucked as well

Brown should not play though.

Forwards need to go to forward camp and learn how to play as a unit.

I don't think JVR being s**t correlates with Brown playing. It's more intricate then that. As you noted earlier Fritsch and Petty both sucked as well

Brown should not play though.

Forwards need to go to forward camp and learn how to play as a unit.
It does correlate. We have 4 forwards competing in the air and Brown Fritsch and Petty are locked into the 50 so JVR has to roam around the ground defending rucks.

Less key forwards you play more responsibility you give to the ones playing to make a contest. Playing brown means at every contest we basically have 2 key forwards standing around doing nothing

More specifically I've been steadfast our forward line wouldn't work with the set up but half a good quarter from Brown had people flip flopping he was decent again. Since he's been back in JVR has been dog s**t. Winning or losing I could see that a mile off
The major concern I have with our forward line, and more so our key forwards is that they've all been s**t at times. But who in the reserves do we call up? Who is making JVR, Petty or Brown accountable? This is the position we've obviously ****ed ourselves into

Although i do think with JVR, Petty and Brown one of them needs to come out for a small. Frisch can hybrid as the third tall.

But back to my point if we do run with two of them, and one plays a s**t game. Who's demanding that spot at selection from Casey? Say JVR and Petty are it, and they stink it up for a couple of games. What's our option, swap one for ben brown on return? Throw Jefferson to the wolves at last? Bring Fullerton in? Do any of these sound good, have any of them put their hand up for selection?

Like with picking key forwards to replace our non working ones. I honestly don't know where the answers are. It feels like we've backed ourselves into a corner on recruitment

Goody proud of the last quarter effort. Can't make this s**t up
I'd be proud too when the opposition is so comfortable they put the cue in the rack that we can get some good junk time

The major concern I have with our forward line, and more so our key forwards is that they've all been s**t at times. But who in the reserves do we call up? Who is making JVR, Petty or Brown accountable? This is the position we've obviously ****ed ourselves into

Although i do think with JVR, Petty and Brown one of them needs to come out for a small. Frisch can hybrid as the third tall.

But back to my point if we do run with two of them, and one plays a s**t game. Who's demanding that spot at selection from Casey? Say JVR and Petty are it, and they stink it up for a couple of games. What's our option, swap one for ben brown on return? Throw Jefferson to the wolves at last? Bring Fullerton in? Do any of these sound good, have any of them put their hand up for selection?

Like with picking key forwards to replace our non working ones. I honestly don't know where the answers are. It feels like we've backed ourselves into a corner on recruitment
Richmond won a flag with just Jack Riewoldt, my answer would be if they're all s**t don't just play them because they are 190cm+
Play someone who adds something regardless of height

Richmond won a flag with just Jack Riewoldt, my answer would be if they're all s**t don't just play them because they are 190cm+
Play someone who adds something regardless of height
I feel like, in just my opinion. Richmond where really good that season but even they identified they needed at least two

I just don't know, basically is what i'm saying. Even with the smalls i don't know who's smashing it a Casey. No one seems to be warranting selection unless we throw mids on the flank and even then i can't think of many standout mids lately. We just seem to have nothing promising to throw in the forward line at the moment, and anything we do have is going to be cruelled by our coaching

Btw if you are a mid working hard in the reserves. Go * yourself they'd rather play the 'talented' bloke with minimal preseason and a busted hand than you

I feel like, in just my opinion. Richmond where really good that season but even they identified they needed at least two

I just don't know, basically is what i'm saying. Even with the smalls i don't know who's smashing it a Casey. No one seems to be warranting selection unless we throw mids on the flank and even then i can't think of many standout mids lately. We just seem to have nothing promising to throw in the forward line at the moment, and anything we do have is going to be cruelled by our coaching
They wanted 2. But they got Tom lynch they didn't just keep playing random tall guys for the sake of it.

Our talls had one kick to ¾ time and no contested marks. How could play smalls possibly be worse.

They wanted 2. But they got Tom lynch they didn't just keep playing random tall guys for the sake of it.

Our talls had one kick to ¾ time and no contested marks. How could play smalls possibly be worse.
I mean as i continued to say, i don't really see any smalls putting their hands up either is the issue. Let me rephrase it, as a whole the forward line has no one competing for spots out of the magoos imo. I can clearly see who we drop, but i don't clearly see who we bring in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you don’t mind the intrusion I come in peace.
Clearly you guys missed the pressure and forwardline smarts of Kosi Pickett tonight.
2 losses both with Kosi out suspended.
He’s gotta stop throwing elbows around he’s far too valuable for you guys to be sitting in the stand.
Anyway that’s just my quick take all the best for the rest of the season.

Well, I've finally caught up. Only got home an hour or so ago, but decided not to put myself through that second half.

Did everybody behave while I was gone?

Well, I've finally caught up. Only got home an hour or so ago, but decided not to put myself through that second half.

Did everybody behave while I was gone?
Yes, the team did not though

Hard to win when so many players were s**t.
I can handle losing, particularly when we're comprehensively outplayed, but is there any danger that we might change up the way we move the ball when we're getting pumped? Took us until the 24 minute mark of the last to start attacking the corridor and sure enough, we started to generate scores.

I'd rather us take the game on and risk conceding a higher score than continue to bomb down the line when it evidently isn't working.

Full credit to the Lions. Final margin flattered us.
I'm not sure about this, probably a bit of credit to Brisbane for not allowing our play until the game was over. I thought we tried to attack most the night but just turned it over to Brisbane. Brisbane beat us on every line, our backline held up ok but we were badly beaten every where else. Our forwards were non existent and our mids were pretty awful.

I mean as i continued to say, i don't really see any smalls putting their hands up either is the issue. Let me rephrase it, as a whole the forward line has no one competing for spots out of the magoos imo. I can clearly see who we drop, but i don't clearly see who we bring in
It doesn't really matter. A handful of tackles and 6 disposals would be double what the talls brought in that game

I'd rather have a bunch of smalls who can atleast help us hold it in than a bunch of talls who don't do that or mark it

60 less touches and 30 less tackles. Deserved to lose by 10 goals really.

Worst performance under Goodwin since maybe that 2020 Port loss when they spanked us?
Brisbane flogged us last year at the Gabba as well that wasn't much better

Brisbane flogged us last year at the Gabba as well that wasn't much better
Yep that was terrible too. Same kind of game where they just smashed us around the footy and when we weren't tackled we fumbled. Lucky the lights went out and we kicked 5 quick ones as that deserved to be 8+ goal loss too

Like, were we on world record pace tonight for most holding the balls in a game? Zero awareness or urgency. Just couldn't lift to the standard of Brisbane's pressure.

What I will say though is that the warning signs were there – the midfield has, collectively, been pretty poor this year, and got exposed in a big way. That, and Blind Freddy could tell you that JVR, Petty, Brown and Fritsch in the same forward line is diabolical structure-wise.

It's clear that Oliver isn't fit and shouldn't be playing. That's now two of his worst career games in a row, and he's had one decent game for the year. Get his hand right, let him do a mini preseason and come back later in the year when he's looking like more than an absolute shell of himself.

Yep that was terrible too. Same kind of game where they just smashed us around the footy and when we weren't tackled we fumbled. Lucky the lights went out and we kicked 5 quick ones as that deserved to be 8+ goal loss too

Like, were we on world record pace tonight for most holding the balls in a game? Zero awareness or urgency. Just couldn't lift to the standard of Brisbane's pressure.
Yeah smashed around the ball and Chandler and Billings trying to stop 9 guys rebounding by themselves, not sure why it didn't work.

They are alot like the swans, they can get it to the outside fast and damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back