Review GBF - Dees v Bears - Where is biff?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly a positive to be said.

Most of our best players were poor, our role players were s**t, and our gameplan was torn apart.

That has to be the last time we play all of Petty, JVR and Brown forward. They just get in each others way and hardly chase.

Selection of a clearly half-fit Oliver was stupid.

Positives maybe Howes rebounding after a couple of average weeks; Langdon was solid, May and Lever mostly good. Chandler tried hard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just no connection across any lines. We knew this was an issue, after Sydney we'd managed to paper over the cracks but it was starting to show with a goalless last quarter in Adelaide the week prior

The backline bomb it long, or work themselves into the pocket then bomb it. Every team in the AFL is onto what we're doing here, this doesn't work to our mids to then transition the ball

Then to when the mids then get the ball, entries are s**t

THEN half the time entries are s**t because the forwards are standing around scratching their ass or caught way to far up the ground. Like * me it shouldn't take Van Rooyen three quarters for him to remember his best attribute is leading

All three lines feel like they play independent of each other than, well a team

Our connection from one line to the other is so broken and deplorable. But somehow against port we where getting away with the bomb and then fluking goals from the boundary. We've positively reinforced going back to our bad habits because well, they worked in the other games. Someone like idk, the ******* coach needs to pull that up. Because yeah, ******* great win against port but that isn't going to work over the duration of the year

Last edited:
I can handle losing, particularly when we're comprehensively outplayed, but is there any danger that we might change up the way we move the ball when we're getting pumped? Took us until the 24 minute mark of the last to start attacking the corridor and sure enough, we started to generate scores.

I'd rather us take the game on and risk conceding a higher score than continue to bomb down the line when it evidently isn't working.

Full credit to the Lions. Final margin flattered us.

You have had a good night, but come on, who actually said that?
More specifically I've been steadfast our forward line wouldn't work with the set up but half a good quarter from Brown had people flip flopping he was decent again. Since he's been back in JVR has been dog s**t. Winning or losing I could see that a mile off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back