NAB Cup Round 4 (?) Port Adelaide v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really hoping that our coaching staff are approaching this game with the intent of winning and winning well. Treat this game like it's Round 1. Our absolute best available side needs to play (I'm fine with Hamish being rested to protect the shoulder) and they need to go out with the intensity that they will for Round 1.

This is the final game before the St. Kilda game in Round 1. Time to get 110% serious. I know the players have and will, but they also would've had in the back of their minds of trying not to get hurt.

Funny that the Victorian supporters seem to have cottoned on to the fact that we are playing better. It would make sense to televise this game considering that it is the only Friday night game or is there another club playing as well?

Gee Im glad I bought Foxtel to see us play :roll eyes:

I'm no fox footy sympathiser, but they never ever claimed to be broadcasting every pre-season game as part of the package.

If we beat the coolers weekend before last, we'd be on telly, but instead we are now doing the country circuit where organising a broadcast would be a costly logistical nightmare.

I'm no fox footy sympathiser, but they never ever claimed to be broadcasting every pre-season game as part of the package.

If we beat the coolers weekend before last, we'd be on telly, but instead we are now doing the country circuit where organising a broadcast would be a costly logistical nightmare.

As costly as it was to televise the NM v WB game from Ballarat?

Yeah, looks like club members have to pay, which has not been the case in previous years. I'd be a little surprised if this doesn't change as the week progresses.

Good news, free for club members as well:

Power v Demons: Free Friday Night for Members
The AFL has confirmed that all ticketed competing Club and AFL members will be given free access to the match, ensuring that all home match Power members can watch the match in unreserved General Admission seating.
Power v Demons: Free Friday Night for Members

Yeah, NAB Challenge games have never been televised. Seeing as we normally get about 2000 people to these games, we'd end up with about 45 people there if Fridays game was televised.

I did sfellow when I saw that the Ballarat game was televised. If they can televise that, then surely at least one of our country games could have been televised as well.

Please tell me how many clubs were not shown on Foxtel in NAB2 AND NAB3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/130647/default.aspx

The last five
Round 24 2011, Adelaide Oval - Port Adelaide 17.10.112 def Melbourne 15.14.104
Round 17 2011, TIO Stadium - Port Adelaide 14.8.92 def by Melbourne 17.11.113
Round 21 2010, AAMI Stadium - Port Adelaide 17.10.112 def Melbourne 11.17.83
Round 9 2010, TIO Stadium - Port Adelaide 17.9.111 def by Melbourne 16.14.110
Round 15 2009, Melbourne Cricket Ground - Port Adelaide 13.12.90 def by Melbourne 15.11.101

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/130647/default.aspx

hmmm did we win or lose that game? Very strange

Teams are up for Friday night

Missing

Hartlett (as we all know)
Banner (he didn't make the best players against centrals... Anyone have an update?)
Phillips ("he poke me in da eye".. "Captain Insano shows no mercy")
Blee
Moore
Pittard (hopefully he shows some form the the SANFL before returning)
Brett Ebert (?)
Newton (poor benny, hopefully see him later in the year)
Ah Chee

Looks pretty full strength to me!!!

The last five
Round 24 2011, Adelaide Oval - Port Adelaide 17.10.112 def Melbourne 15.14.104
Round 17 2011, TIO Stadium - Port Adelaide 14.8.92 def by Melbourne 17.11.113
Round 21 2010, AAMI Stadium - Port Adelaide 17.10.112 def Melbourne 11.17.83
Round 9 2010, TIO Stadium - Port Adelaide 17.9.111 def by Melbourne 16.14.110
Round 15 2009, Melbourne Cricket Ground - Port Adelaide 13.12.90 def by Melbourne 15.11.101

hmmm did we win or lose that game? Very strange

We definitely lost that match. It was the night where we came back in the last from 5 goals down only for Carlile to stuff his kick-in with seconds to go.

PORT ADELAIDE
1. Domenic Cassisi, 3. Steven Salopek, 4. Brent Renouf, 5. Matthew Broadbent, 6. Danyle Pearce, 7. Brad Ebert, 9. Jacob Surjan, 10. Travis Boak, 12. Jackson Trengove, 13. Cameron O'Shea, 14. Paul Stewart, 15. David Rodan, 16. Ben Jacobs, 17. Robbie Gray, 18. Kane Cornes, 20. Chad Wingard, 21. Matthew Thomas, 27. Alipate Carlile, 28. Jay Schulz, 30. Troy Chaplin, 31. Darren Pfeiffer, 32. John Butcher, 34. Jarrad Redden, 35. John McCarthy, 39. Justin Westhoff, 40. Aaron Young, 42. Thomas Jonas, 43. Daniel Stewart, 44. Tom Logan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/130648/default.aspx

Just wondering what's happening with Brett Ebert?
He looked like being a fringe player this year and now seems to have a pretty limited preseason which won't help.

Brett has had an injury interrupted preseason. I wouldn't classify him as a fringe player just yet, his best is definately good enough. Expect to see him return via the SANFL, hopefully this weekend

obviously hard to predict this kind of stuff but Ebert will probably get a hard time from the fans this year, if it's obvious out there that he's not as fit as other blokes. people were pretty hard on him despite coming back from LARS. maybe similar with thomas as both of them haven't had the pre season we'd like. the good thing is, most of the list has.

He is a fringe player, and should not get a game this year if 80%+ of players are fit.

He is a fringe player, and should not get a game this year if 80%+ of players are fit.

Agree. It's tough to say because I love the guy, but there shouldn't be a place in our side for a 178cm key forward anymore, if we're being honest.

Unless he can genuinely compete with the midfield group as a mid, I don't see how he should be getting a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back