2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 4 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 27th of April. 7:10pm at Alberton Oval. Streamed on the AFL website.

Pending the injury list: Boak (back), Dixon (managed), Jones (Hamstring) to be assessed for the AFL side.

Scully (calf) to be assessed as well. Dylan Aldridge ruled out with a concussion.

Xavier Walsh's suspension has ended.

Note: This game is the day after the AFL game, so the sub (EG: Mead) can play.

Still winless, A big win could get us into the 5.
1713684912033.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Jordon Sweet =4th for Hitouts.
Cody Szust =4th for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore =4th for Free Kicks For.
Dante Visentini 8th for Hitouts.
Nick Moore 10th for Handballs.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Walsh, Roberts, Cheesman, Baldwin
OUT: D.Williams (AFL), Aldridge (Concussion), Clurey (AFL Emergency), Cockatoo-Collins

Maggies Side:
F: Szust - Scully - H.Ferrari
HF: F.Evans - Weidemann - Anastasopoulos
C: Turner - Moore (C) - Lorenz
HB: W.Ferrari - K.Marshall - Roberts
B: Chamberlain - Walsh - L.Evans
R: Visentini - Cheesman - Charleson
INT: Baldwin - Stevens - Byrne - Launer
EMERG: Mead - Clurey - Burton - McEntee - Cockatoo-Collins - Brazel

Last edited:

League

F: Charleson, Scully, Anastasopoulos

HF: Szust, H. Ferrari, Weidemann

C: Clurey, Moore, Lorenz

HB: Williams, Launer, L. Evans

B: Byrne, W. Ferrari, K. Marshall

R: Visentini, Turner, F. Evans

INT: Baldwin, Chamberlain, Stevens, Cockatoo-Collins, Cheesman, Brazel, Roberts

League

F: Charleson, Scully, Anastasopoulos

HF: Szust, H. Ferrari, Weidemann

C: Clurey, Moore, Lorenz

HB: Williams, Launer, L. Evans

B: Byrne, W. Ferrari, K. Marshall

R: Visentini, Turner, F. Evans

INT: Baldwin, Chamberlain, Stevens, Cockatoo-Collins, Cheesman, Brazel, Roberts
Looks like a provisional side. Not including Xavier Walsh, or any of the 3-4 AFL Emergencies.

Looks like a provisional side. Not including Xavier Walsh, or any of the 3-4 AFL Emergencies.
The AFL side has 2x6 day breaks in a row, with the Thursday showdown coming up, and with SANFL games played after the AFL side, we will basically either need to leave players out of the SANFL so that we can keep them available as backup, or if injuries strike Friday, the backup players will be heavily managed in game to ensure they are ok off a 5 day break.

Before last weekend I had never heard of 11 of the 25 players named. Don't tell me Che Cockatoo-Collins is pulling on the boots in big comeback? :think:

I was thinking `provincial' side, if the final line up has anything like 9 top ups in the starting 18 I suspect we are probably looking at yet another smacking from the deadlegs! :'(
Didn't get smacked by them last year. Last week we had 13 top ups and only lost by 26 points. I'm actually confident we can do em. People really underrate our top up players. Alot of them are pretty good.

We suddenly have 9 players on the injury list. Almost overnight we added 4 or 5 players to that list. I note that Travis Boak is still listed as a 'test' even though he is named in the AFL side. I suspect that sudden spate of injuries means we have to rely on top up players in the Port Magpies. Good to hear that the top ups went well last week and here is hoping they continue that form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated SANFL team:

Maggies Changes:
IN: Walsh, McEntee, Burton, Roberts, Cheesman, Brazel
OUT: D.Williams (AFL), Aldridge (Concussion), Scully (Calf), Clurey, F.Evans, Visentini (AFL Emergencies)

Maggies Side:
F: Szust - Weidemann - H.Ferrari
HF: McEntee - Cockatoo-Collins - Anastasopoulos
C: Turner - Moore (C) - Lorenz
HB: Chamberlain - K.Marshall - Roberts
B: Burton - Walsh - L.Evans
R: Brazel - Cheesman - Charleson
INT: Stevens - Byrne - W.Ferrari - Launer
EMERG: AFL Sub - Clurey - F.Evans - Visentini - Baldwin
Brazel v Boyd - yipes!
Boyd to get 75 hit outs.
Hopefully Dante plays.
Scully injured now too.

Noord by 25 points.
Moore, Lorenz, Burton and Frank the Tank our best.

Visentini should drop back and ruck, might have to play Walsh forward, that's a tiny teddy forward line as named.

We have 6 AFL standard KPFs and 5 AFL standard KPDs, and three AFL standard Rucks. It's a good position to be in, amd already we're being tested to the limits there, especially if Aliir is a late out.

It would mean our SANFlL side which should have Sweet, Visentini, Finlayson, Lord, Scully, McKenzie & Clurey is down to just Visentini. Tall timber syndrome?

Tredders just said on AA that McEntee, Burton, Clurey & Evans will all be pulled out tomorrow night. So if you had plans to go, I wouldn’t bother.

In fact, what is the point of even playing?
Hahahaha we're going to bring McEntee back without him even playing an SANFL game hahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back