NAB Cup Round 4 (?) Port Adelaide v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Got priority 1, which was an AAMI Stadium home game, plus a friday night fixture thrown in to boot. Which I guess is easy to throw in when it's not televised and so won't clash with other games :rolleyes:

Is it normal rules for everyone or just the final?

This is a great fixture for Port. A great chance to wrap up our pre-season at home in front of a good crows and with a win and a full strength side.

Let's hope plenty of people rock up. It is a perfect chance to drag along any potential new members.

all of this, I've been excited by the pre season, we've played very well and could have nicked two games meaning we would be 4-0. Melbourne at home before the real stuff against St. Kilda is an excellent test and I can't see why we can't win both, dare I say it, I can't see how we'll lose.

NAB Cup has jumped the shark
jumpTheShark.jpg

Nah we arent televised.

So get out there and watch!

Our lack of coverage on foxtel this pre-season has been nothing short of disgraceful. Three weeks in a row no coverage.

Last week there were 6 clubs that weren't broadcast on fox, 5 of them were non-victorian clubs. The week before saw similar bias.

F@CK OFF VFL - we have no chance of growing the pie with this sort of s**t sandwich.

The only saving grace is that we can't be easily analysed by opposing clubs, not that many would be paying too much attention to us anyway.

Our lack of coverage on foxtel this pre-season has been nothing short of disgraceful. Three weeks in a row no coverage.

The only saving grace is that we can't be easily analysed by opposing clubs, not that many would be paying too much attention to us anyway.

Let's focus on the last bit which is a positive. The fewer people who talk us up at the moment the better. Let's sneak up on everyone a bit like we did in 2007 and make sure that everyone has us down for the bottom four or second bottom before the season starts.

Let's focus on the last bit which is a positive. The fewer people who talk us up at the moment the better. Let's sneak up on everyone a bit like we did in 2007 and make sure that everyone has us down for the bottom four or second bottom before the season starts.

Mission accomplished!

that's really interesting. I wonder if the Saints (who we play first up) would be looking at getting footage of our pre-season games, if the club would give it to them if they asked (there wouldn't be AFL footage would there), or is that blatantly helping the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port v Carlton and the crows is available via the AFL website, Port v West Coast was online on the Port website for a while, the Port v Freo game is online on the Port website now.

Couple of clicks and St Kilda already have the Port pre-season back catalogue.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/130522/default.aspx

Port Adelaide midfielder Hamish Hartlett is in doubt for Friday night’s final NAB Cup clash with Melbourne as he overcomes shoulder soreness.

The 21-year-old came from the ground in the third quarter of Saturday’s game against Fremantle at Encounter Bay Oval and took no further part in the game as the Power won by 20 points.
Port Adelaide general manager football Peter Rohde said Hartlett - whose shoulder had been jolted as he tried to fend off an opponent - was already improving.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/130522/default.aspx

Better safe then sorry, i guess

Port v Carlton and the crows is available via the AFL website, Port v West Coast was online on the Port website for a while, the Port v Freo game is online on the Port website now.

Couple of clicks and St Kilda already have the Port pre-season back catalogue.

So no saving grace with our lack of coverage then.

Gee Im glad I bought Foxtel to see us play :roll eyes:

And funnily enough when the real stuff begins we will be on Fox every week whilst the Vic clubs enjoy the exposure of FTA TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back