NAB Cup Round 4 (?) Port Adelaide v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Butcher's rough conduct incident on video anywhere? Anyone seen it?

Promo just on for 7 news said they would have 'exclusive vision', however I don't know if I can sit through it just to see the incident.

What a disaster it would be if three of our best performed players in the pre-season miss the early rounds. Curious to know what McCarthy has done to himself.. anyone know? And is Trengove's finger simply a dislocation... or is the club not letting on about a possible fracture?

Any niggle at all and you take them off in NAB, no risking first 18 players in trial games. I'm quite shocked the Crows played their proper first 22 the last couple of weeks, a massive risk.

Didn't actually know McCarthy was injured. And I'm sure I heard someone from the club say that had the match been for premiership points Trengove would have stayed out there.

Speaking from experience you can play through broken bones in fingers/hands... its in the aftermath where the pain sets in and structural issues are identified that can take time to heal (Didn't something happen to Chad where he played through a hand break but then missed 6 weeks?). I really hope its just a clean dislocation.

Not sure that McCarthy was injured, but he was subbed at half time and I read he was experiencing tightness somewhere?

McCarthy was just a precaution. He pulled up a bit sore but he isn't injured, which was the reason for him being subbed.
Trengove will be alright. I think even Rhode or Primus said he would've gone back out there if it had been Round 1.
We'll only be missing Butcher I reckon who -after seeing the replay- will be out for probably 3 weeks (knowing our luck).
His eyes came off the ball and he just chopped his arms. Sylvia falling to the ground was what got him injured though but the doctors report is going to be his downfall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back