2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 4 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Visentini 1 mark, Scully 1, Marshall 1, Walsh 0

Scullys the biggest worry, basically just relies on winning free kicks for being tall
Both those big guys have been soundly thrashed. Visentini especially disappointing. Has rucked poorly. Conceded front position all night. Dropped marks aplenty. Unable to bend over to pick up the ball. Doesn’t deserve an AFL call-up with his current form.

Anastosopoulos has impressed me with his tackling.

Wow . I didn’t blame the club for wanting out . How can our young players develop properly when they have B graders as the supposed experienced players , most if not all of our top up players wouldn’t get a game with our opponents , how are they supposed to lead the way for our young players .
All we can do is scrap to avert a blowout.
Fair effort tonight but rare to catch a highlight , a few glimpses for Lorenz , Anastasopolous, and Charlton but disappointing from the talls ,I guess they’re up against more seasoned opponents but would have liked to see Scully take a few grabs or Visentini show some semblance of beast mode or Marshall take a strong mark, slim pickings trying to gleam a positive

Top effort by the young blokes.

All of the last 3 quarters the last 5 minutes or so they struggled to keep up to the fitter more experience Norwood opponents and gave up ground.

Cant question the players efforts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows 2s seem to be a fair bit worse this year, but the Burgess factor still has them running out games better than most of their SANFL opponents. Their only win so far has been against S0uf, who got smashed by Westies today. Given our injury toll, the Maggies will probably get done in the Showdown curtain-raiser, but if we can't beat the Panthers when the time comes we'll have hit absolute rock bottom.

I watched about a quarter until the stream was unwatchable, I noticed Tommy A wasn’t anywhere near the forward lines, can anyone confirm this ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I watched about a quarter until the stream was unwatchable, I noticed Tommy A wasn’t anywhere near the forward lines, can anyone confirm this ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I noticed him mainly between the arcs a fair bit.

Didnt take any notice of where he started from, whenever there was a centre bounce.

Didn't watch the game but Dantes stats don't read that bad?

24 hiit outs 8 tackles

From memory I think Boyd is roundabout 115 kg plus with a fairly low centre of gravity. I don’t think you’re moving him around too much once he's under the ball.

I noticed him mainly between the arcs a fair bit.

Didnt take any notice of where he started from, whenever there was a centre bounce.
Tommy starts at HFF but it's our ridiculous game plan and high press that results in our entire team being forward of centre if the ball's in the opposition forward line a fair bit. Here's to the death of Hinkleyball.

Didn't watch the game but Dantes stats don't read that bad?

24 hiit outs 8 tackles

From memory I think Boyd is roundabout 115 kg plus with a fairly low centre of gravity. I don’t think you’re moving him around too much once he's under the ball.
Both Dante and Scully got hands to quite a few aerially but couldn't mark. Endeavour was there. Body strength and mature bodies not there yet. Did notice Dante not quite bend over a couple of times which was unusual given he's pretty good below his knees.

Both Dante and Scully got hands to quite a few aerially but couldn't mark. Endeavour was there. Body strength and mature bodies not there yet. Did notice Dante not quite bend over a couple of times which was unusual given he's pretty good below his knees.
They both didn't have much of a 2nd effort when the ball hit the ground.

Not sure how much of that is intent and how much is fitness. But they are still young.

I'm also not sure how much they are going to learn to improve this playing on the Jarred Reddens of the world

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

One thing I did notice was that Scully looked a fair bit bulkier that I remembered seeing him. Arms weren’t spaghetti thin and there was some meat around his midriff and waste. It looked like “bulking” related change. I.e. from higher calorie surplus. Not overly defined muscle but good to see there’s more to work with now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back