Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke (RFA 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly dont know how North get out of this at this stage. I cant blame better mature players for having had enough but I dont see how they get out of the mire. More draft picks arent going to help

They should aim for their cap to be full for the next 2 years with 3-4 free agents front loaded to the shizen. Pay them whatever they need to come across.

No point having a “war chest” if you don’t use it and don’t even pay your best players to hang around.

They should aim for their cap to be full for the next 2 years with 3-4 free agents front loaded to the shizen. Pay them whatever they need to come across.

No point having a “war chest” if you don’t use it and don’t even pay your best players to hang around.
Unless they start winning more, I don’t know if it will make a difference how much is offered

Unless they start winning more, I don’t know if it will make a difference how much is offered

Plenty of free agents and OOC players this year who are at a similar level to Logue who let’s be honest moved for cash.

Any number of Cumming, Florent, Graham, Battle or Duggan would improve their best 22 instantly. Sure you would need to heavily frontload/overpay them but unfortunately that’s what you need to do when you’re at the bottom. Carlton did it. Money talks for this level of player coming into their biggest deal.

Lyons, Bews, Fox, older heads from strong clubs. All of these players would be free.

Keeping LDU a priority over everything but if he has to leave they’ve got to use his money on best 22 talent.

He wont go this year bc north will want more in a trade than any club will pay.

He will go next year as an FA.

If he requests a trade, what's the point of keeping him? Surely North aren't planning to finish last again next year. They need to get a move on, holding a player that's not invested in the future for 12 months to get another high draft pick seems a waste. There will be enough clubs willing to trade a lot to get him this off season.

The huge rise in salary cap comes at the worst time for North. It's means pretty much every team is cashed up when normally it's only a few clubs at the bottom.

The huge rise in salary cap comes at the worst time for North. It's means pretty much every team is cashed up when normally it's only a few clubs at the bottom.

They are going to have probably 15-20 blokes on rookie contract/base wage next year, then players like Comben, Lazzaro, Powell, Scott and Xerri on their next contracts but barely scraping average wage. Thomas reportedly on 800k now off the books for good. Zurhaar and LDU potentially leaving the club would be in their highest earners.

If they can’t find enough money to beat a majority of other clubs offers something is incredibly wrong. It should be the least of their concerns. Convincing the player to join a rebuild should be the hardest part but that’s what Messiah Clarko was for.

Players looking to return to Victoria, players that have tasted success and looking at financial security over playing success, and players in teams that are equally in a rebuild phase. There are players that for those categories so it’s not unrealistic for the Roos to be able to attract talent.

If they go to the MSD and can snag a Sam Collins type then there will be an instant improvement for their defence. That deficiency down back is glaring and just hurts them every week.

A big watch this space probably exists around the Crows I feel.

If Adelaide finish say 10th and end up with pick 8, it probably falls in the concept of too late of a pick to keep with a bid for Tyler Welsh most likely coming before that pick occurs. Because of this Crows may see it as a incentive to trade this off a bit easier then normal to get a midfielder in. If North play it smart also they can probably also use Adelaide as a path to getting a experienced midfielder to lead the way a bit too. If Nicks wants to push Laird into defense for example, Laird may not like that and a conversation from North about heading their way to play in the middle will be good for some leadership in that spot for them as well as a bigger body. The 2 clubs could really be on the same path to completing what would be a fair deal

Adelaides 1st rounder + future 2nd + Laird for LDU + 3rd + 4th rounder type deal would work for all
I agree in theory, but the trouble is convincing Laird to move.

In reality, I think they have better chances of looking at some of the Dogs senior players who appear to be on the fringes. Guys like Macrae and Daniel walk into their 22, but appear out of favour at the Dogs. Given the size of their existing contracts and their lack of guaranteed game time, they may be gettable for a cheaper trade price and be more easily convinced to move given they’d be practically guaranteed 23 games a year.

Either way, Adelaide should absolutely be chasing LDU. They need to move away from aging, one-paced mids like the Dogs currently are trying to do (hence Macrae falling out of favour)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that would be funny, 5m overs for LDU.
Think he is staying, but in todays world you never really know. IF HE LEFT and just say we finish 18th we would end up with picks 1 and 2 but I don't think that's a win for us, we are crying out for guys in that age bracket to be performing, that is what we are lacking, a couple of solid players between 24 and 28.:north:

Saints throwing ‘$13-15m’ 10 year contract after this guy?

Are they trying to outdo that terrible contract they gave to what was left of Dan Hannebery?
Looks like BS clickbait. If he did want to go, what could St Kilda possibly offer to North that was better than waiting a year and getting a year of LDU and potentially Pick 2 as compo?

They are going to have probably 15-20 blokes on rookie contract/base wage next year, then players like Comben, Lazzaro, Powell, Scott and Xerri on their next contracts but barely scraping average wage. Thomas reportedly on 800k now off the books for good. Zurhaar and LDU potentially leaving the club would be in their highest earners.

If they can’t find enough money to beat a majority of other clubs offers something is incredibly wrong. It should be the least of their concerns. Convincing the player to join a rebuild should be the hardest part but that’s what Messiah Clarko was for.

Pick purchasing.

It’s coming.

Saints throwing ‘$13-15m’ 10 year contract after this guy?

Are they trying to outdo that terrible contract they gave to what was left of Dan Hannebery?

The salary cap is about to be around $19M per club yeah?

I heard something about an average Richmond player getting offered around a mill to head west next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back