Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke (RFA 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am hardly hating on him, i merely suggested that he hasn't actually done everything he can do lead that team to wins. He is a very talented player, one of Norths best. I don't think he is a great leader trying to drag that team along at the moment. Which is why i disagreed with the Cripps comparison.

Blues won 2 games in 2018 and Cripps played in 22 of them.

Blues won 2 games in 2018 and Cripps played in 22 of them.
Again... I didn't say he won them games, i said he did everything in his power to do so.

Only so much you can do with s**t lists. I do not expect LDU to turn them around, i simply do not think he is leading the club in the same way Cripps did in those years. Again it is not a huge knock on the guy, just a small detail that i think is the reason he is perceived differently.

Hmmm

Seems to be trying to do much with the ball this year, and not doing enough without it.

Playing in a very poor team breeds bad habits and for his football might be better to move elsewhere with higher standards.

That would be bad for North of course, but then again they have drafted so many mids and inside mids with high picks........

I honestly dont know how North get out of this at this stage. I cant blame better mature players for having had enough but I dont see how they get out of the mire. More draft picks arent going to help

On the plus side (for the comp not for North), I don't think a club will try the scorched earth rebuild anytime soon.

Expect him to weigh up where other Clubs stand including culture. He will have observed JHF, Goldy ( who just keeps improving) and B McKay enjoying their footy and getting wins.

Reckon he asks for a trade at the end of the season. Being made to stay does favours to neither Club nor player.

North may want an A grader in return which is fair enough. I doubt many current A graders aspire to finishing their career at North unless a massive financial offer was involved ($1.8 - $2.0m pa might tempt some) North probably have that sort of cash to splash.

IMO, LDU showed in the last couple of years that he can become a gun. Some of his power bursts from stoppages were fantastic to watch.

This year, he looks lazy, disinterested often. To be honest, I can't watch the whole games so I could be wrong.

This could the case of player exiting a long-term mediocrity at the bottom Suns are so familiar with. After 5-6 years players had enough and left for success. May, Lynch, Prestia say hello.

It can be a vicious cycle. Top players leaving after all development. At the same time not being able to attract top talent. Suns are still not out of it despite a lot of talent on the list and academy kids arriving. Playing finals is the best cure.

Last edited:
A big watch this space probably exists around the Crows I feel.

If Adelaide finish say 10th and end up with pick 8, it probably falls in the concept of too late of a pick to keep with a bid for Tyler Welsh most likely coming before that pick occurs. Because of this Crows may see it as a incentive to trade this off a bit easier then normal to get a midfielder in. If North play it smart also they can probably also use Adelaide as a path to getting a experienced midfielder to lead the way a bit too. If Nicks wants to push Laird into defense for example, Laird may not like that and a conversation from North about heading their way to play in the middle will be good for some leadership in that spot for them as well as a bigger body. The 2 clubs could really be on the same path to completing what would be a fair deal

Adelaides 1st rounder + future 2nd + Laird for LDU + 3rd + 4th rounder type deal would work for all

A big watch this space probably exists around the Crows I feel.

If Adelaide finish say 10th and end up with pick 8, it probably falls in the concept of too late of a pick to keep with a bid for Tyler Welsh most likely coming before that pick occurs. Because of this Crows may see it as a incentive to trade this off a bit easier then normal to get a midfielder in. If North play it smart also they can probably also use Adelaide as a path to getting a experienced midfielder to lead the way a bit too. If Nicks wants to push Laird into defense for example, Laird may not like that and a conversation from North about heading their way to play in the middle will be good for some leadership in that spot for them as well as a bigger body. The 2 clubs could really be on the same path to completing what would be a fair deal

Adelaides 1st rounder + future 2nd + Laird for LDU + 3rd + 4th rounder type deal would work for all
Laird could be a good pick up for North but you aren't getting Laird + a pick 4-7 and an F2 for LDU.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Be great at Geelong.
Cameron, Guthrie, Stewart still in their prime and good for a couple more years. Younger brigade looking the goods. He could have a real opportunity at winning silverware if he made it down the highway.

Not sure we would have enough to give up though :(

I honestly dont know how North get out of this at this stage. I cant blame better mature players for having had enough but I dont see how they get out of the mire. More draft picks arent going to help

A draft pick would have helped. If Reid was standing next to LDU every week I doubt he'd want out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be great at Geelong.
Cameron, Guthrie, Stewart still in their prime and good for a couple more years. Younger brigade looking the goods. He could have a real opportunity at winning silverware if he made it down the highway.

Not sure we would have enough to give up though :(
He has Geelong written all over him. They will have to come up with a very high draft pick though. Pick in the low to mid teens won’t be enough

He has Geelong written all over him. They will have to come up with a very high draft pick though. Pick in the low to mid teens won’t be enough
North should be outright telling them no, you don’t have enough. There is no way they can give up a contracted LDU for the picks Geelong have and they will almost definitely be better off keeping him another year

Expect him to weigh up where other Clubs stand including culture. He will have observed JHF, Goldy ( who just keeps improving) and B McKay enjoying their footy and getting wins.

Reckon he asks for a trade at the end of the season. Being made to stay does favours to neither Club nor player.

North may want an A grader in return which is fair enough. I doubt many current A graders aspire to finishing their career at North unless a massive financial offer was involved ($1.8 - $2.0m pa might tempt some) North probably have that sort of cash to splash.
He wont go this year bc north will want more in a trade than any club will pay.

He will go next year as an FA.

We will wait until next year if he is FA. We dont have the currency this year.

He wont go this year bc north will want more in a trade than any club will pay.

He will go next year as an FA.
Not sure about that. A club will pay 2 1sts for LDU. Comp will be a 1st tied to their finishing position (pick 2).

Another high pick doesn't help North. Take the 2 picks and trade them does.

If I were them I’d focus on 2 for 1 trades and trying to have a complete balanced list about 30 players deep.

Ie if you loose LDU or Zurhar you want at minimum one decent best 22 level player + 1 prospect

For example if trading LDU to Essendon* I’d want Will Setterfield + a top 10 pick at minimum. Someone of LDUs quality id want more than that though.

In general I believe most good teams have about 6 elite players. 2 Def, 2 Mids, 2 forwards. 6 good players and 18 AFL standard players

For North I feel good about their top end picks turning into the elite guys they want. They just need scaffolding guys to add depth and stop the kids getting beaten up.

*not saying they should just the list I know the best so felt like a good example.

Saints will have a massive dip. They have the currency and loads of cash. Best buds with Hunter Clark and a peninsula boy.
He'll probably end up at a big club anyway.

Not sure about that. A club will pay 2 1sts for LDU. Comp will be a 1st tied to their finishing position (pick 2).

Another high pick doesn't help North. Take the 2 picks and trade them does.
Other clubs are better off waiting 12mths than trading 2 1sts.

And north cant trade the 2 1sts as no elite player who is worth 2 1sts wants to go there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back