Deepthroat

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2002
Keilor East
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast
The next North player to be poached from their Academy?

99 games for 24 wins....

Sung the song 11 times in the last 4 years.

If 2024 winds up being another underperforming year for the side, does he explore greener pastures?

I'd be surprised if Cam left, is close with Larkey, Logue and has Fisher coming in. Has shown no real links with a return to WA, was out of contract a couple of years ago and apparently closer to the Bombers but I'd be surprised if they went in again after this years spree.

Of course, my surprise doesn't sign contracts.

I'd be surprised if Cam left, is close with Larkey, Logue and has Fisher coming in. Has shown no real links with a return to WA, was out of contract a couple of years ago and apparently closer to the Bombers but I'd be surprised if they went in again after this years spree.

Of course, my surprise doesn't sign contracts.
yep cant see him leaving, loves melbourne has done up his property in balaclava that he owns.
very close group of mates here, loves the club and the wheel is about to turn

I am not his biggest fan but there's no doubt he would be of value to a number of sides.

If North don't make any significant progress this year you'd have to think he'll surely consider moving elsewhere, though I don't think he'd get paid as well anywhere else.

yep cant see him leaving, loves melbourne has done up his property in balaclava that he owns.
very close group of mates here, loves the club and the wheel is about to turn

Why would owning a property in Balaclava have any bearing on whether he moves to another Victorian club?

I am not his biggest fan but there's no doubt he would be of value to a number of sides.

If North don't make any significant progress this year you'd have to think he'll surely consider moving elsewhere, though I don't think he'd get paid as well anywhere else.

Why would owning a property in Balaclava have any bearing on whether he moves to another Victorian club?
It doesn’t more that he ain’t going back to WA

Dons came for him last time but he stayed loyal as we took a gamble on him in the rookie draft. We also have a bit more to spend then most clubs which helps been a lot of front ending over the years to meet the floor

It doesn’t more that he ain’t going back to WA

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest a 25 year old footballer might have an investment property.

He may move, he may not, but pointing to a property owned as a reason for not moving is clutching at straws.

Dons came for him last time but he stayed loyal as we took a gamble on him in the rookie draft.
Yes, he signed a 2 year deal at the end of last season. In the first year of that contract you won 1 more game than the year prior.

Showing loyalty at one point in a career doesn't necessarily mean that loyalty is ongoing or unwavering.

We also have a bit more to spend then most clubs which helps been a lot of front ending over the years to meet the floor

As noted above you will probably be able to pay him more than other clubs. But for some money isn't everything. Every club would front and back load to an extent.

The next North player to be poached from their Academy?

99 games for 24 wins....

Sung the song 11 times in the last 4 years.

If 2024 winds up being another underperforming year for the side, does he explore greener pastures?
Not sure there are any greener pastures at home in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure there are any greener pastures at home in WA.

Anywhere has been greener pastures than where he's been.;):cool:

There are a mountain of kids at North there already plus more coming that need developing. Unless he starts playing with more consistency they will push him out.

Which is a good position for North to be in.

Is it George who was drafted after an ACL? Similar big bodied half forward / mid type. Big raps pre injury.

My hot take is he is a absolute crab and that North will let him walk for the draft pick they will get back. Almost expect Essendon to do something dumb like trigger Band one again

"The absolute crab" with very similar numbers to Lachie Schultz who was just hailed as the best player of the trade period.....

Anywhere has been greener pastures than where he's been.;):cool:

There are a mountain of kids at North there already plus more coming that need developing. Unless he starts playing with more consistency they will push him out.

Which is a good position for North to be in.

Is it George who was drafted after an ACL? Similar big bodied half forward / mid type. Big raps pre injury.

Yes, he is a similar size and build to Zurhaar, but plays a fair bit differently.

He's much more of an aerial threat than Zurhaar is, who is more of an "in transition" type.

George will play out of the goal square with Larkey next year imo.

"The absolute crab" with very similar numbers to Lachie Schultz who was just hailed as the best player of the trade period.....
Wildly different footballers.

I dont see him being worth the money he will command . I think Norths forward line has gone past his type anyway. Id rather get games into Eddie Ford for example (who looks a real prospect) then this guy

I dont see him being worth the money he will command . I think Norths forward line has gone past his type anyway. Id rather get games into Eddie Ford for example (who looks a real prospect) then this guy

Zurhaar adds much needed Grunt and hardness to a young, inexperienced team that have yet to fully physically develop.

It's important for North to retain him, for that reason alone.

Zurhaar adds much needed Grunt and hardness to a young, inexperienced team that have yet to fully physically develop.

It's important for North to retain him, for that reason alone.
Agree with that aspect of helping with physical development and what not but if North get a 1st round pick via free agency for him then off he goes

Schultz and Zurhaar had the same scoreboard impact. What makes Schultz a good player though is the mountain of defensive work he does.

Something Zurhaar doesn’t do.

There's a difference between others going past him and being an "absolute crab".

Zurhaar is more highly rated at North than McKay was, but he does run hot and cold. Not many half forwards in a team with as many wins as we have wouldn't.

Very rarely are Free Agents worthy of the money he will command, but other clubs set to the market (as we saw with McKay), not BF.

We live in a world where Jade Gresham just got 750k per year and next year because of the CBA increase, means clubs have the most cap space in a single off season ever.

Duursma's recruitment also may make his future at the club interesting, as well as how George looks at AFL level, how well Ford/Curtis keep developing and if Sheezel settles at HF next year.

A few factors at play for this next year. I wouldn't be shocked if he left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back