Preview Lions v Kangaroos Gather Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5:50 in - Fagan indicates the Mulligans are coming out. Expect a whipping boy to get dropped, but that’s about it.

There is a travel essentials video in Brisbane FB now.

Morris is standing next to Rayner - I think we have a debut incoming. Yay !

I think Morris is a good pick for this ground. We will need to dominate aerially with the mangled dimensions.

Morris would be an unfair advantage. It's no coincidence Brisbane VFL have not lost a game since he joined the club. Doesn't know the meaning of losing.

That doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy a challenge - that's why he kicked that one shot out on the full. He's selflessike that. Great guy Logan.

Seriously though, have to get Kai in and give him a full game as a forward. He is absolutely ready for the chance and think North is the perfect opponent for him to play at an elite level and build confidence and belief in his ability at AFL level.

If we lose to North it won't change anything. The same team will still be in, same setups with the false belief they are going to turn it around.
That is true and until Fagan does otherwise and actually drops an undroppable and not the usual scapegoats then your statement will hold true until such time.

Poor time slot for 2 poor teams with little Adelaide support.Lions should win but little to get excited about as their measure will be the following three games

Poor time slot for 2 poor teams with little Adelaide support.Lions should win but little to get excited about as their measure will be the following three games

When Kai kicks 6 you'll be excited!!

5:50 in - Fagan indicates the Mulligans are coming out. Expect a whipping boy to get dropped, but that’s about it.
This post must be right. Nunez gives it the thumbs down, McIvor gives it the thumbs up and Cubs2Lions is laughing. I must be the voice of reason fellas. The sensible centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neale has a history in getting up for games where he's looked done for 2 weeks at least.

It was evident last week we're at the stage now where he desperately needs some help.

You can't expect him to do what he did in the 2nd quarter and keep it going the whole game without the opposition making a concerted effort to shut him down.

Some of our guys on the fringes of the M/F need to pull their finger out and give us more.

Wil back will be a big help but I wouldn't be expecting overly much at this stage of his career with the injury he had.

Neale has a history in getting up for games where he's looked done for 2 weeks at least.

It was evident last week we're at the stage now where he desperately needs some help.

You can't expect him to do what he did in the 2nd quarter and keep it going the whole game without the opposition making a concerted effort to shut him down.

Some of our guys on the fringes of the M/F need to pull their finger out and give us more.

Wil back will be a big help but I wouldn't be expecting overly much at this stage of his career with the injury he had.
The fringe guy will probably be Lyons.

The fringe guy will probably be Lyons.
Yeah . That was kinda the point.

We need to find someone from somewhere to be really competitive with the top sides in 2024.

I'm taking it Berry can't play there otherwise we would've done it.

We've always been a classy midfielder short and got away with it last year.

When is Berry going to play midfield? Wasn’t it all the hype on this board after he got his shoulder rebuilt?

North have a stacked and young midfield. I’d be wary of them but our size should help. Perfect game to get Rayner in the guts for all of it. I’d run him ragged and sub him off at 3/4 time if he ain’t got the legs in him. Kai to play full game. Hipwood to actually do something for once instead of squibbing contests and joe and Charlie to at least try to look half interested.

If Neale isn't up to it, I'd give the job to Tunstill, Robertson, Rayner, McCluggage and Berry.
Nunez, have you started barracking for North?

Centre Bounce Attendance Against Collingwood and Game Stats

Tunstill: DNP

Robertson: 1
10 Disposals (60%) 2 Tackles

Rayner: 7
21 Disposals (71%) 4 Tackles 2 Goals

McCluggage: 17
29 Disposals (65%) 2 Tackles 1 Goal

Berry: 0
20 Disposals (90%) 5 Tackles

If Neale isn’t up to it, we need to play Lyons. Against Fremantle, when Neale didn’t play, he had 25 Disposals (80%) 3 Tackles and surprisingly only 13 Centre Bounce Attendances. This indicates that he got lots of the ball around the ground, most noticeably during a 10 disposal last quarter. Not too shabby for a bloke who was dropped.

If Neale doesn’t play, the midfield rotation should be:
Dunkley, McCluggage, Lyons, with Rayner, Bailey and Robertson (if he holds his spot) giving them the chop out.

Nunez, have you started barracking for North?

Centre Bounce Attendance Against Collingwood and Game Stats

Tunstill: DNP

Robertson: 1
10 Disposals (60%) 2 Tackles

Rayner: 7
21 Disposals (71%) 4 Tackles 2 Goals

McCluggage: 17
29 Disposals (65%) 2 Tackles 1 Goal

Berry: 0
20 Disposals (90%) 5 Tackles

If Neale isn’t up to it, we need to play Lyons. Against Fremantle, when Neale didn’t play, he had 25 Disposals (80%) 3 Tackles and surprisingly only 13 Centre Bounce Attendances. This indicates that he got lots of the ball around the ground, most noticeably during a 10 disposal last quarter. Not too shabby for a bloke who was dropped.

If Neale doesn’t play, the midfield rotation should be:
Dunkley, McCluggage, Lyons, with Rayner, Bailey and Robertson (if he holds his spot) giving them the chop out.

1 clearance against Carlton and 4 against Freo. As much as I love and commend JL's efforts, he is absolutely done as an AFL level footballer.

Lachie's in Adelaide and will be playing fam.
If Neale plays, the midfield rotation should be:
Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Lyons, with Rayner, Bailey and giving them the chop out. I’d bring Lyons in for Robertson because it is clear we need an additional midfielder who isn’t going to be brushed off the contest in the way that McCluggage and Bailey can be.

1 clearance against Carlton and 4 against Freo. As much as I love and commend JL's efforts, he is absolutely done as an AFL level footballer.
Dunkley had 4 clearances against Freo and McCluggage had 2.

Remember when people were proclaiming with certainty that Lester wasn’t AFL standard and was cooked and couldn’t run etc etc etc. A massive exercise in group think. There is a lesson there for people writing Lyons off. He had a good pre-season and he’s fit. I’m not prepared to write him off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back