No Oppo Supporters Fremantle Do Not Contest A Game In Western Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo fans: tonight hurts but at least be courteous to each other while venting.

Oppostion fans or anyone out to have a crack: don't post here. You will get banned and you will get points.

We need to stop whinging about the umps.

Otherwise we start looking like whingers.

West Coast were harder at the contest that tends to lead 50/50 calls going there way.

They out muscled us, got control early and ruthlessly put us away.

Something we could learn a thing or 2 is being ruthless with the scoreboard.

We carry too many plodders Hughes and Banfield feels like groundhog day. We ain't winning flags with players like that in our bottom 6.

JOM is a big worry I can't believe how much he has dropped off tbh.

Reckon JL might regret being flippant to the question raised after the Adelaide win in regards to our 1st quarters.

It's an issue and games like last night you can break the spirit of a struggling team very early if you start hard and fast.

Once west coast got the jump it was 100x harder to stop them.

We were mentally cooked after the Adelaide trip and nobody can tell me any different. There is absolutely no way on a normal day we lose that game. They are one of the worst teams in the comp and they absolutely smashed us pretty much everywhere.

It felt like once Jye went off the whole thing became too hard and the boys weren’t up to fighting and scrounging out a win. Plus we happened to get the eagles at a time when they had just had a win and Harley Reid was sniffing his own arse and smelling flowers.

Mentally getting up for games against plucky s**t sides is part of being a good team though, so it’s something Justin needs to address and quickly. Need to bounce back against the Bulldogs.

We were mentally cooked after the Adelaide trip and nobody can tell me any different. There is absolutely no way on a normal day we lose that game. They are one of the worst teams in the comp and they absolutely smashed us pretty much everywhere.

It felt like once Jye went off the whole thing became too hard and the boys weren’t up to fighting and scrounging out a win. Plus we happened to get the eagles at a time when they had just had a win and Harley Reid was sniffing his own arse and smelling flowers.

Mentally getting up for games against plucky s**t sides is part of being a good team though, so it’s something Justin needs to address and quickly. Need to bounce back against the Bulldogs.
I feel very much the same way - however I think the loss certainly put the microscope on a few flaws in the team.

Well kicking 10 goals or less four weeks in a row shows we have a major flaw.

I haven’t been concerned really until this week.
We’ve been able to control the play…and not been necessarily overly defensive, just good defensively…
Yesteday we couldn’t score, but also got slaughtered defensively all over the ground…WC got 39 points from defensive half….they wet just streaming it out

We shouldn’t lobby for those Adelaide trips again

I am not saying the umpiring was the only cause for Freo's loss.
I have already given multiple other reasons for our loss (mostly our lack of run).
But below is what I saw this morning when I rewatched the replay without being clouded by strong emotion and doom that overwhelmed me last night when watching the live broadcast.

West Coast Goal number 1 (NB: times shown are rough estimates of time left shown top left clock on the AFL match replays);
Q1 18:36 Yeo kicks a snap goal from a loose ball get that had come free from an Alex Pearce tackle when he was hit in the head by Darling's body.
One may argue that the contact was incidental but these Free Kicks are generally given.
1713700851626.png

WC Goal 2;
Q1 03:39 Reid Contested Mark and goal in the goal square.
The i50 came seconds earlier from a Darling Mark paid that bounced off Pearce (twice) during the spoil. ie. it was not a mark but was paid one, right in front of the umpire who had clear vision of the ball pinballing between Pearce and Darling.
1713700961137.png 1713701160083.png 1713701250784.png

(Q1 01:30 WC Goal 3 came from a Waterman mark behind Pearce from a quick blind kick forward by Reid. Pearce very unlucky as he was positioned well to defend but the ball dropped perfectly for Waterman to mark ... darn footy gods)
1713701626984.png

WC Goal 4;
Q1 00:03 Reid Free Kick for a high tackle. Goal kicked after the siren.
It was the third Free to West coast in 50seconds starting from the centre bounce. The i50 came 20 seconds earlier from a Free Kick to Kelly for a marking infringement by Brayshaw. I thought the Free was going to Brayshaw such was the uncertainty of that Free Kick given.

1. Yeo ducking head for Free ...
1713701939257.png

2. Kelly dropping the mark for a Free ...
1713702001597.png 1713702454250.png 1713702505194.png
3. and then Reid dropping the knees for a Free ...

1713702166557.png 1713702222766.png

3 easy steps for a last minute Slime goal courtesy of corrupt bias umpiring.

In that first quarter, I sighted more than 10 Free Kicks, given or not to Freo or West Coast that benefited West Coast.

While I expect many people reading this will believe this is simply my bias. But before convincing yourself of that, I hope you can at least look at the replay for the first quarter.

Last edited:
We shouldn’t lobby for those Adelaide trips again
Why? We should have won both games and i'm sure the preparation was a key factor. And we played WC on a proper 7-day break so that's not an excuse either. I don't tihnk it has any bearing on the turd we served up yesterday, we just didn't turn up and had no plan when WC were better than we expected.

Why? We should have won both games and i'm sure the preparation was a key factor. And we played WC on a proper 7-day break so that's not an excuse either. I don't tihnk it has any bearing on the turd we served up yesterday, we just didn't turn up and had no plan when WC were better than we expected.

JLo said in his presser that the fixturing is brutal and that only 2 of the first 6 as home games isn't ideal. We won't be requesting back to back games in Adelaide for gather round next year.

I have already given multiple other reasons for our loss (mostly our lack of run).
But below is what I saw this morning when I rewatched the replay without being clouded by strong emotion and doom that overwhelmed me last night when watching the live broadcast.

West Coast Goal number 1 (NB: times shown are rough estimates of time left shown top left clock on the AFL match replays);
Q1 18:36 Yeo kicks a snap goal from a loose ball get that had come free from an Alex Pearce tackle when he was hit in the head by Darling's body.
One may argue that the contact was incidental but these Free Kicks are generally given.
View attachment 1966672

WC Goal 2;
The i50 came seconds earlier from a Darling Mark paid that bounced off Pearce (twice) during the spoil. ie. it was not a mark but was paid one, right in front of the umpire who had clear vision of the ball pinballing between Pearce and Darling.
View attachment 1966674 View attachment 1966681 View attachment 1966684

(Q1 01:30 WC Goal 3 came from a Waterman mark behind Pearce from a quick blind kick forward by Reid. Pearce very unlucky as he was positioned well to defend but the ball dropped perfectly for Waterman to mark ... darn footy gods)
View attachment 1966689

WC Goal 4;
It was the third Free to West coast in 50seconds starting from the centre bounce. The i50 came 20 seconds earlier from a Free Kick to Kelly for a marking infringement by Brayshaw. I thought the Free was going to Brayshaw such was the uncertainty of that Free Kick given.

View attachment 1966696

View attachment 1966699 View attachment 1966705 View attachment 1966706

View attachment 1966703 View attachment 1966704

In that first quarter, I sighted more than 10 Free Kicks, given or not to Freo or West Coast that benefited West Coast.

While I expect many people reading this will believe this is simply my bias. But before convincing yourself of that, I hope you can at least look at the replay for the first quarter.
They were definitely rorted on all those frees you mentioned and it seemed to get into the players heads
Almost like “ JFC , here we go again with the umpire bullshit “

The other thing we need to take out if this is learn how to flop Ala Darling and MCGovern
2 crucial frees that resulted in one more goal for them and 1 less for us

We played like ass but when the momentum keeps getting taken away from the team I can imagine it’s hard to keep digging deep particularly after a gruelling couple of weeks of football.

The AFL tracker stats had us averaging a total 276km in our first 5 games with a positive differential of about +3km more than our opposition (with a range of -3 to +15km vs our opponents).

On Saturday night against West Coast, Freo had a total of 261km vs their 269km for a -8km differential.
It was our worst running performance in 2024 by some margin.

I have my own opinions and theories for that, but football teams are not made of robots ... they are still human and they are not always going to be up and about 100% for whatever reason/s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1966672

WC Goal 2;
View attachment 1966674 View attachment 1966681 View attachment 1966684

View attachment 1966689

WC Goal 4;

View attachment 1966696

View attachment 1966699 View attachment 1966705 View attachment 1966706

View attachment 1966703 View attachment 1966704

100% agree on the frees....

Shades of the last 2 seasons; when you think you know what the team is, ulp, no you don’t.

Shades of the club’s whole history really.

You reckon we’d be used to it by now, but it still stings 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, big character test now; injuries really biting. Would give a lot for another good injury season…

JLo said in his presser that the fixturing is brutal and that only 2 of the first 6 as home games isn't ideal. We won't be requesting back to back games in Adelaide for gather round next year.
What a p##weak freakin excuse.

I wonder if JLo realises we'll almost certainly have to win at least two weeks in a row away from Perth if we ever want to win a grand final?

Can't believe he'd blame the "fixturing" - results have nothing to do with two years of slow starts every game, a lack of depth, a one paced one dimensional midfield and a coaching commitment to keep picking studs like Hughes, Emmett and JOM ahead of players with pace. Oh, and a gameplan that fixates on winning by keeping the other mob under 70 points, god forbid we might actually use young players with pace.

If you include the follow up return game we’re 1-5 over the past two years, with the sole victory against Gold Coast. For something to be working it must produce positive results.

We went in to gather round undefeated and we’re now looking at missing finals. It was an interesting experiment but it hasn’t worked

I'd say if there is any fatigue it would be mental and/or emotional after the previous 2 losses.
Yeah but no but yeah but...the near misses should have made us hungrier, especially against our hometown rivals, especially with all the OTT Harley BS. But we were limp.

The AFL tracker stats had us averaging a total 276km in our first 5 games with a positive differential of about +3km more than our opposition (with a range of -3 to +15km vs our opponents).

On Saturday night against West Coast, Freo had a total of 261km vs their 269km for a -8km differential.
It was our worst running performance in 2024 by some margin.

I have my own opinions and theories for that, but football teams are not made of robots ... they are still human and they are not always going to be up and about 100% for whatever reason/s.

That’s probably simply explained by Darcy rotations, early sub and young on bench for entire of q4

We carry too many plodders Hughes and Banfield feels like groundhog day. We ain't winning flags with players like that in our bottom 6.
Three years ago I remember writing on here WTF are we doing playing these guys?
Naively thinking they would be well and truly transitioned out of the AFL by now.

At this point I think it’s more likely than now they will Still be in our B22 in three years time.

Also - separate note but I’m convinced if Harley Reid had joined our list instead of eagles last November, he would be still waiting for his debut. That’s how conservative our coach is at selection.

The two Adelaide games were played with a very high intensity high pressure game. Plus sleeping away from usual environment and they must have felt flat after such huge effort and falling short at the last minute.

Why wouldn’t the selection committee recognise this and refresh the side for the game against the Eagles. Plus we lost Fredericks and Switkowski so not only are we flat and tired we lost critical speed.

Surely a player like Walters needed a rest, that was obvious. He should be rested as part of management this season.
Also look at who else could have been rested and bring in some youth and energy.
Omeara slow and Jackson knackered , it was all on show to see the previous two weeks.

I don’t know who we had that could of come in but I didn’t see any attempt to fix speed or manage tired players.

Felt like first qrter was quite frantic. Seemed like we came out maybe too pumped (derby and trying to make a statement) and not flat but seems after Jye went down there was bit of deflation and rushing of disposals.

2nd and 3rd quarter we seemed like the last few weeks finally caught up to us and Weagles then feasted on us

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back