EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Junior Zones and a limitation of the number of junior teams per club. (Keilor U18.5 - no you can't have 3 teams)
But I'd also like a fair dinkum league governance dept.

Some of these admin might need to watch some of the struggling junior sides rather than Big 3 whipping everyone all the time. Might learn some lessons.

The Whisp is down here close to ground level. What a game of football we have today. EDFL have made a great call playing this cinematic masterpiece between Abers and Avondale.

Great crowd, the beers are cold, the pies are hot (not in the AFL) and Avondale bringing the heat. This is what we saw in round 1. Mouthwatering final quarter.

What a game of football. I am the whisperer but right now I’m speechless. A back and fourth stalemate between a up and coming side against a powerhouse. It was goal for goal until abers kicked two in three minutes to ice the game. Avondale slotted one late but it wasn’t to be. Both coaches spoke well after the game.

This is why I love local football. Victorian Bitters, Snags and pulsating football that can make you laugh and cry.

I like Junior Zones and a limitation of the number of junior teams per club. (Keilor U18.5 - no you can't have 3 teams)
But I'd also like a fair dinkum league governance dept.

Some of these admin might need to watch some of the struggling junior sides rather than Big 3 whipping everyone all the time. Might learn some lessons.

Looks like they did look into the struggling clubs, hence Keilor weren’t allowed three teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both Daw brothers named as emergencies in their game. Not sure how they will get them into their team considering the points they both carry. Someone significant will have to miss out or at least multiple players.

Last edited:
Both Daw brothers named as emergencies in their game. Not sure how they will get them into their team considering the points they both carry. Someone significant will have to miss out or at least multiple players.

It will be difficult and they should’ve known that before signing them both..
I’ll give them a fortnight and then they are “straight outta deer park”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing DP have petitioned the EDFL to have a bench of 2 to allow Daw to fit within the points cap. WTS...

Suburban only as far as I know. He was at AW. When he could be bothered, he was a good player. The Daw's have a problem with fulfilling their commitments.
Anthony Daw was also a Talent League player with Western Jets and a VFL listed player with Werribee (not that he played senior VFL) half a decade ago, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back