EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wonder if the board understand they are running a local football competition ,that’s right , local football competition
It’s not an organisation that is planning the overthrow of the Chinese Government
Why so secret , why no information for the supporters of this competition
Everything hidden behind a lack of transparency. Why ?.?
It’s a local football competition
I think you'll find the lack of a CEO and Senior Football Ops Manager may inhibit comms from HQ. Seperately a Board restructure also in place (noms were due 14 Nov). EDFL still a solid boat, just doesn't have a rudder or oars.

Great player 7-8 years ago, EK will have the same issues as last season RE points. 35/36 years old, the rumored 3k seems overs.

Ek dropped about 20+ points so won’t be as bad as last season id say. But again with players on vfl lists and injuries shouldn’t be an issue.

Rumours are rumours mate. No one’s paying that much a game for someone 35/36 years old.

Still a gun mate people would argue EK have 2 of the top 3 ruckman in local footy mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Ek dropped about 20+ points so won’t be as bad as last season id say. But again with players on vfl lists and injuries shouldn’t be an issue.

Rumours are rumours mate. No one’s paying that much a game for someone 35/36 years old.

Still a gun mate people would argue EK have 2 of the top 3 ruckman in local footy mate.

And you've gained at least 20 pts.. So really you're in the same boat. No doubt that ruck duo is very good, amazing what $$ can get ya!

I know for a fact he's getting plenty..

Never said that once mate. Never even said we will make top four. Just said I expect EK to make a push for it.

I think Ek should be pushing for a top four finish they nearly made it this year , with a year under their belt and the knowledge of what the need player wise I reckon they are going to be there abouts

LOL i wish! I do think they can make a serious finals push though if their list stays healthy.

Hows strathmore looking Stax? any recruits in the works?
Pretty quiet at the Mores Bash. No news of any new recruits. Has been well documented that a few premiership players have moved on. Also, stalwarts like Iaccobucci and Jarrad aren’t getting any younger, and can’t be expected to go on indefinitely.

Mores do have strong reserves and U19’s coming through, so they’ll be ok. However it would be nice to see a few higher profile players recruited to add a bit of cream to the list, and to be competitive against the East Keilor juggernaut. 😄

Pretty quiet at the Mores Bash. No news of any new recruits. Has been well documented that a few premiership players have moved on. Also, stalwarts like Iaccobucci and Jarrad aren’t getting any younger, and can’t be expected to go on indefinitely.

Mores do have strong reserves and U19’s coming through, so they’ll be ok. However it would be nice to see a few higher profile players recruited to add a bit of cream to the list, and to be competitive against the East Keilor juggernaut.

Yeah fair enough. You Think the reserves and u18’s coming up are enough? A lot of experience coming out of the side.

If any team is to be able to cover those outs with reserves and 18’s it’s probably Starthmore to be honest.

Would be plenty of coin available now with the outs you guys have, I’m sure you will pick up a few before season starts

Yeah fair enough. You Think the reserves and u18’s coming up are enough? A lot of experience coming out of the side.

If any team is to be able to cover those outs with reserves and 18’s it’s probably Starthmore to be honest.

Would be plenty of coin available now with the outs you guys have, I’m sure you will pick up a few before season starts

Yes, I agree that they’ll be fine as far as being thereabouts for the final 4, due to strength of reserves and under 19’s coming through.

However those coming through aren’t yet of the same quality as those that have departed. To be regarded as a serious contender for the 2023 flag and match Abers, Keilor, Pacco and EK, then they need to recruit some classy, established players to supplement the current list.

If they don’t, then the Mores will slip down the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You and Stax need to get a room 😜🤣😄

God forbid someone can have a normal conversation on this forum.

His only chasing a free gyro at the EK game next season. 🤣🤣

A normal conversation then call his mobile as it’s boring the love you both have for one another 🤔😜🤣

A normal conversation then call his mobile as it’s boring the love you both have for one another 🤣

I’m the souvlaki man so I’ll hook him up no worries.

Yes, I agree that they’ll be fine as far as being thereabouts for the final 4, due to strength of reserves and under 19’s coming through.

However those coming through aren’t yet of the same quality as those that have departed. To be regarded as a serious contender for the 2023 flag and match Abers, Keilor, Pacco and EK, then they need to recruit some classy, established players to supplement the current list.

If they don’t, then the Mores will slip down the ladder.

It would be interesting to know how many ex-afl players are in each metro league, edfl don’t seem to pull the big names like other leagues do, I could be wrong though,

A normal conversation then call his mobile as it’s boring the love you both have for one another 🤔😜🤣
Turbo, boring it may be, but not every discussion on here need be confrontational or adversarial.

Whilst I don't always agree with Bashen, I do admire his passion for football, and the way he sticks up for his club, generally in the face of unrelenting criticism.

And he doesn't go out of his way to denigrate opposition clubs either.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know how many ex-afl players are in each metro league, edfl don’t seem to pull the big names like other leagues do, I could be wrong though,
I'm pretty sure you're right, although it wasn't always the case. It seems to be more pronounced since the salary cap was introduced, although that affects every league. Just not sure what the reason would be.

Salary Cap - You're joking right?
Most clubs are undoubtedly flouting the cap to some extent. Anecdotally however, I don’t think the level of spending is as extravagant as it was pre cap being introduced.

You don’t see as many clubs topping up their lists with 6-7 topline players, who would all command sizeable pay packets. Think Abers 2015, Strathmore 2018. Pacco 2014.

Having said that, someone is bound to say what about EK?

Most clubs are undoubtedly flouting the cap to some extent. Anecdotally however, I don’t think the level of spending is as extravagant as it was pre cap being introduced.

You don’t see as many clubs topping up their lists with 6-7 topline players, who would all command sizeable pay packets. Think Abers 2015, Strathmore 2018. Pacco 2014.

EK have recruited a lot of numbers this year. But in saying that a lot of them have shown up as friends of players etc or followed the new coach which tends to always happens with a new coach etc.

Fact is we will be fielding a 19’s and potentially a thirds this year which is awesome. Of the recruits listed I Havnt seen many of them play so can’t really comment but I would say 5-6 are walk in ones players from me just analysing names and not seeing them play, but who am I to say they can’t play ones. Some are reserves, acouple 19’s, some may be 3rds, couple are ex juniors etc etc.

So doubt majority of the 20 odd players that have come along would be commanding big coin.

Last edited:

Any team playing finals or trying to contend for finals is paying over the CAP that is a fact, in all 3 divisions - without doing so you are a non competing club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back