EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Bashen

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Playing against one of the big clubs doesn’t automatically make it a blockbuster. Two big clubs playing each other is a blockbuster. And no, I wouldn’t think they would choose to play one of the big clubs first up and get blown away regardless of potentially drawing a bigger crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m confused.....How do you actually think EK get to pick their first opponent or have a say over the fixture when it’s never happened before to a promoted team lol... are you alright or what??

I’m confused.....How do you actually think EK get to pick their first opponent or have a say over the fixture when it’s never happened before to a promoted team lol... are you alright or what??

I asked a simple question that had confused you?

I asked a simple question that had confused you?

Which I answered and you “figured I’d say that and wanted further clarification”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting I wonder if they have eyes on some off the rdfnl teams

They could possibly want the other team near Sunbury, but I'm not sure they'd want to leave. Donnybrook Dragons have aligned with the NFNL, so an opportunity has gone there for the EDFL and RDFNL, although Northern makes sense.

Any more recruitment news?
Seems to be pretty quiet, couple of Covid years could be impacting that…
Interesting that clearances are still not open

Is it just accepted now that there are numerous clubs that simply disregard the Salary Cap?
It's too hard to police, especially at local level. I would assume that every club would paying over the salary cap to some degree. My personal opinion is that it really doesn't matter too much. Any of the top 5-6 teams can beat each other on any given day. The big gap comes between the bottom 2-3 teams and the top half of the table. But at the top of the table, there is no dominant force.

And to be fair, I think the EDFL had 1 ex AFL player last year, the VAFA, which is supposed to be free from match payments, had 9 ex AFL. The sooner we accept it happens everywhere, the better!

Why bring them down? I actually believe clubs going up should get and extra 10 points their first year to be competitive as there is too much yo-yoing in divisions. They need to recruit to stay viable.

Why bring them down? I actually believe clubs going up should get and extra 10 points their first year to be competitive as there is too much yo-yoing in divisions. They need to recruit to stay viable.
Don’t disagree but also think clubs that invest in there junior programs should be rewarded as well.

I think the points system works, but a few points less I think would enhance not hinder clubs

Agreed. No cap, 35 points for each team. Promoted team gets 45 for 1 year. That will make things competitive.

35 makes it impossible to fit in a Dream team regardless of how much you pay players unless they have been with your club for years, the extra 10 points will allow you to bring 3-4 players in to help promoted teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back