Mega Thread EDFL Player points debate

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B&F result from 2019 ? was last season at HS
Hey Grover, Raynor won HS B&F in 2019 and was announced joint captain of HS for season 2020. Once covid hit and season cancelled he decided to leave for EK for season 2021. Definitely a 5 point player.

Believe Micallef and Klaromenos also left post cancelled season. If this is correct they are 4 points each.

Coletta 3 points ✅
Burns hasn’t played for a few years so he might be 2 points?

I stand to be corrected but you only get a point deduction for cancelled season if you were a registered player for season 2020 therefore prior to 2020. Not after the season was cancelled.

Was referring to first half. Could of counted his disposals on one hand and half were turn overs. Had a shocker of a day.

I’m shocked Ruppo kept up with APW, then again they did not kick straight all day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don’t worry about Castello as he wouldn’t care to much being round 1. His a big game player don’t worry.
More disturbing is a 10 goal plus win without the likes of Stewart and Scanlon playing against a top 4 contender.

How will you fit them all in as already on the max and I see a couple of late changes occurred Friday night due to points. Players won’t be happy getting calls to tell them there are points issues and your dropped prior to the game. No senior player will put up with that. Can tell you I wouldn’t be putting up with it, sorry. Playing div1 reserves is not all that exciting.
Stewart 4 points, Scanlon 3 points doesnt fit into there allocation.

EK really can’t be beaten unless things turn pear shape up there, or a 3rd party steps in.

I do see the points system booklet has no mention of B&F allocation of an extra point any more so Raynor is 4 points.

But is Micallef 3? I’m sure he transferred after the deadline so maybe a 4.

Don’t worry about Castello as he wouldn’t care to much being round 1. His a big game player don’t worry.
More disturbing is a 10 goal plus win without the likes of Stewart and Scanlon playing against a top 4 contender.

How will you fit them all in as already on the max and I see a couple of late changes occurred Friday night due to points. Players won’t be happy getting calls to tell them there are points issues and your dropped prior to the game. No senior player will put up with that. Can tell you I wouldn’t be putting up with it, sorry. Playing div1 reserves is not all that exciting.
Stewart 4 points, Scanlon 3 points doesnt fit into there allocation.

EK really can’t be beaten unless things turn pear shape up there, or a 3rd party steps in.

I do see the points system booklet has no mention of B&F allocation of an extra point any more so Raynor is 4 points.

But is Micallef 3? I’m sure he transferred after the deadline so maybe a 4.

A BnF is 100% an additional point.

2021 AFL Vic flow chart for player points still states that a player finishing in top 5 of club b&f in the previous season is a 4 point player, then extra point added for going from a Premier competition to a non Premier competition.

Worry yourself on limbach as he should be a 5 pointer, 3 clubs in 3 years and came from A higher league and transferred after the deadline.

Incorrect, rules state a game for premiership points must be played to be classified as a club of transfer. If you do not play a game you do not obtain a point increase.

Also to note he transferred from division 2 northern football league club Diamond Creek, which is equal or same as Division 1 EDFL and not classified as a premier competition, so Deans point value at 3 is correct.

A BnF is 100% an additional point.

Hey mate, I’ve just read it again and I’ve noticed 2 things of note:

-It appears to have been amended in Jan 2020
-Here is what it says with regards to B&F finishes. *Senior competitions only. Is this EDFL div1?? Very confusing. I can only assume it means premier level footy. I actually think this extra point is ridiculous.
if it’s for premier level then Raynor is correct at 4. 😩

5.3.3. Category 4 – NAB League , State League Tier Two, and Premium Community Player – 4 Points
a) NAB League player - who has played a minimum 5 NAB League games in any of the current or previous
three (3) Seasons; or
b) State League Tier Two player – who has played a minimum of 5 senior games in any of the current or
previous three (3) seasons at NEAFL or TSL level; or
c) Premium Community player – who has achieved a club senior best and fairest top 5 finish, in senior
Competitions only, in the previous Season. Note: VAFA Senior Representative Team players from the current Season or the Season immediately prior also fall under this Category.

Last edited:
Hey mate, I’ve just read it again and I’ve noticed 2 things of note:

-It appears to have been amended in Jan 2020
-Here is what it says with regards to B&F finishes. *Senior competitions only. Is this EDFL div1?? Very confusing. I can only assume it means premier level footy. I actually think this extra point is ridiculous.
if it’s for premier level then Raynor is correct at 4. 😩

5.3.3. Category 4 – NAB League , State League Tier Two, and Premium Community Player – 4 Points
a) NAB League player - who has played a minimum 5 NAB League games in any of the current or previous
three (3) Seasons; or
b) State League Tier Two player – who has played a minimum of 5 senior games in any of the current or
previous three (3) seasons at NEAFL or TSL level; or
c) Premium Community player – who has achieved a club senior best and fairest top 5 finish, in senior
Competitions only, in the previous Season. Note: VAFA Senior Representative Team players from the current Season or the Season immediately prior also fall under this Category.
Raynor

Senior community player at 3..

Internal transfer within league to opposing club. Gains 1 point (4)

Senior BnF for season 2019. Gain 1 point (5)

He was cleared 2020-11-14 as per EDFL clearance page from Hillside to EK.

Therefore hes ineligible for the 2020 season point reduction as the league ruled in their own right has he been cleared for the 2020 season. The rule stipulated only a reduction if a player was registered at the club, nothing about a player who had won an accolade in 2019 and moving in 2021. The BnF additional point carries on into the new season as it would if he had moved to any non other club outside the EDFL.

This therefore has him as a 5 pointer for season 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back