Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given your posts across the past 24hrs - perhaps take your own advice.
I simply mentioned that those 4 sides would lead to interesting matchups come finals time, obviously any number of clubs are capable of improving or dropping off s the season progresses.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Harden up BJ. I was just responding to you. You seem to take things very seroius. It's just my opinion. I've watched EDS and believe Pacco have them covered but I guess we will see in 13 weeks time.
I think it's great EDS are going well. Both Pacco and EDS playing right on the points limit. Some speculation EDS might be over the 50 mark but I haven't offically checked.

You need to breathe again turbo. Stop worrying about other clubs and stop commenting on things you don't even know. According to you all your players are playing for the jumper and all Abers players are there for the cash and that we invented spending. Recent results suggest otherwise, so now it is the points systems fault you can't compete. Perhaps just remind yourself that Abers have been an a grade a bit longer, have worked really hard to be in the position there in. If you stop inferring it's all about money then good club people like puff would not care what you write.

Harden up BJ. I was just responding to you. You seem to take things very seroius. It's just my opinion. I've watched EDS and believe Pacco have them covered but I guess we will see in 13 weeks time.
I think it's great EDS are going well. Both Pacco and EDS playing right on the points limit. Some speculation EDS might be over the 50 mark but I haven't offically checked.
Harden up? It wasnt me logging in to bitch about Reimers/Abers and then complaining that I didnt reference Paco in an earlier post.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Turdo You are a deadset dill. You are now speculating that Douttas are cheating and are over the points limit which is impossible as when you fill out the team sheet it will not allow you to go over 50 points. When did you become an official of the EDFL? If you want to know every teams points go on the website. How on earth do Pacco put up with you? When Douttas play Pacco you'll be easy to find I'm sure you'll be sitting in a corner drinking on your own and arguing with yourself

I just wonder how Pacco go on a Thursday night selecting their team. When their best side is worth say 70 points who misses out. They need to play lesser types due to points. HAHA i bet Abers dont have that problem. They have recruited with the future in mind. And please Turbo Abers didnt invent spending all clubs need to take some responsibility for the overs being paid across all grades and leagues. Perhaps Abers, Keilor, GV spend their $$ a little more wisely than some. Who did Riemers snipe besides the scoreboard? He has been reported then?

Hey Puff, you must have trouble reading what I write and only respond to anything remotely negative as per usual.
Now the Pacco guys wouldn't waste there breath with talking to you, and you are the embrassment to your club. You have been quite on here recently and I we all know why.

I did mention Abers were the better side and won pretty easy. I don't care what you wish to write, but the whole of EDFL know that besides for when GA was involved with Marby, Abers were one of the first clubs to spend huge coin to try and win the elusive premiership. They are in part why local footy player payments have gone through the roof. Yes your players have been loyal, that I agree with, but most of your top liners were recruited by the lure of big $$ and that's why they stay. I don't really give a sh@@, but every body in the EDFL know your club spend the most and have done for many years now. The other clubs like Pacco, EDS, Keilor, GV, Strathmore etc have needed to recruit and raise there player payments to compete. But your club was one of the first in the country to raise player payments.
Yes the points system is now in but it won't make a big difference. If it was introduced 4-5 years ago it might be a different story, but it is what it is.
All I said was Abers played better footy than Pacco but also have a better list of 24 players. My basis was, if you were to rate every player out of 10. Abers bottom 6 players are better than Paccos if your were to rate them and that's important.

I've tried to keep this report on the game fair but you seem to fire me up. Once again your reactive rather than proactive.

You're a fool. The more you rant and rave about things you've got no idea about the more pathetic you sound.

Not sure how I've "embrassed" my club and I wouldn't say I've ever actually been "loud" on here unlike yourself. If I was your boss you'd get the ass for the amount of time you spend on Big Footy.

You post that much it appears more often than not your having online conversations with yourself. Embarrassing!!

You've tried to slander Douttas now on player points - laughable unless your own backyard is clean. Perhaps research your own list know all..

You're more like Mr. Know F All

Last edited:
You're a fool. The more you rant and rave about things you've got no idea about the more pathetic you sound.

Not sure how I've "embrassed" my club and I wouldn't say I've ever actually been "loud" on here unlike yourself. If I was your boss you'd get the ass for the amount of time you spend on Big Footy.

You post that much it appears more often than not your having online conversations with yourself. Embarrassing!!

You've tried to slander Douttas now on player points - laughable unless your own backyard is clean. Perhaps research your own list know all..

You're more like Mr. Know F All

Hey Puff, I am the boss. I sit back and let people work for me. Don't worry I'm fine...

Now you do all have short memories. Remember the EDFL told clubs originally it was going to be 60points per club and then backed flipped after the AFL set the max at 50 and rather than challenging the AFL said 50 for premier. But we have what we have.
Where did I said EDS are cheating, you fools. But they should be allowed more points due to being promoted. Good on EDS for putting together a decent competitive list.

Turdo You are a deadset dill. You are now speculating that Douttas are cheating and are over the points limit which is impossible as when you fill out the team sheet it will not allow you to go over 50 points. When did you become an official of the EDFL? If you want to know every teams points go on the website. How on earth do Pacco put up with you? When Douttas play Pacco you'll be easy to find I'm sure you'll be sitting in a corner drinking on your own and arguing with yourself

Wow and where do you sit/stand. Probably behind all your mates yelling abuse over the fence. I'm happy to stand on my own if I have to. That way I can see things other with there heads up their arse don't see..

It would be great if others on here can provide some match details rather than just sit back and wait to respond to my posts.

I probably expected a few replies over my Riemers post, but hey it is what it is. Seems very similar to what happen in lasts year game v AH, but the damage wasn't as severe.

Most of you are to scared to start any conversations so shut big footy down now as its getting boring..

I won't stoop to name calling, as we all know what you are. Yes both clubs are challenged each week at the selection table to stay under the allowable points. Fact - individual player points were submitted by clubs to the league and then ratified and linked to player registration. Speculation - from who? And what are you going to officially check numb nuts, damn I wasn't going to name call

Wow and where do you sit/stand. Probably behind all your mates yelling abuse over the fence. I'm happy to stand on my own if I have to. That way I can see things other with there heads up their arse don't see..

It would be great if others on here can provide some match details rather than just sit back and wait to respond to my posts.

I probably expected a few replies over my Riemers post, but hey it is what it is. Seems very similar to what happen in lasts year game v AH, but the damage wasn't as severe.

Most of you are to scared to start any conversations so shut big footy down now as its getting boring..

Turdo you are now taking potshots at you own supporters saying they have their heads up their arse and you won't stand with them.
As far as the points go Abers had 33 points and Pacco 49 points and as you say the game was over half way through the 2nd quarter so how many points do you need to compete for four quarters. Do you think if you had 60 points you would be closer to the top sides. I think not.

Turdo you are now taking potshots at you own supporters saying they have their heads up their arse and you won't stand with them.
As far as the points go Abers had 33 points and Pacco 49 points and as you say the game was over half way through the 2nd quarter so how many points do you need to compete for four quarters. Do you think if you had 60 points you would be closer to the top sides. I think not.

Hey simple, I guess you have trouble reading as your not good with spelling. I was referring to where you might sit/stand on a Saturday but that's fine as i can only guess where you stand.

Well no one cared about points for the previous 50odd years when clubs were recruiting, but hey lets introduce it now. At least even the playing field first. If there was a salary cap over say the last 5 years and it was audited correctly, paper shredders would be going off at certain clubs.

I don't necessary disagree with the idea of a points system but it's more how it was bought in.

The points system was never going to have any impact early doors . It won't until a fair chunk of any sides current list moves on or retires. Also it's clear that any side that hasn't or doesn't produce top flight juniors who either stay at their club or return after playing higher levels will also be up against it. Abers have many "stars " on 1 point either having been there for more than 4 years or returning juniors from higher ranks. On the other hand a side like Avondale are winless on 50 points due to a high turnover this year and limited junior talent even with a couple of VFL 100 gamers and a AFL 50 gamer on 1 point .One certainty this system will ensure is clubs will throw everything they can muster at returning juniors and any current top liner who may be thinking of leaving. It won't stop the spending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The points system was never going to have any impact early doors . It won't until a fair chunk of any sides current list moves on or retires. Also it's clear that any side that hasn't or doesn't produce top flight juniors who either stay at their club or return after playing higher levels will also be up against it. Abers have many "stars " on 1 point either having been there for more than 4 years or returning juniors from higher ranks. On the other hand a side like Avondale are winless on 50 points due to a high turnover this year and limited junior talent even with a couple of VFL 100 gamers and a AFL 50 gamer on 1 point .One certainty this system will ensure is clubs will throw everything they can muster at returning juniors and any current top liner who may be thinking of leaving. It won't stop the spending.

Hey Bully, fair points you have raised. IMO they should have introduced zoning for juniors as well to stop clubs enticing juniors to move clubs. I agree you need to build a set of rules around it for kids with siblings outside your zone, or if there dad played a certain number of games at another club. That would even things out over time but it will take a while, but the immediate impact would be spreading juniors around to more clubs and it might affect clubs who rely on junior rego fees which often go towards senior payments.
What's your thoughts???

My only gripe looking at the points (and I'll use Douttas as an example here) from the weekend would be that, I think it's a bit unfair to have Shylo Smith as a 1 pointer, while Jake Hobbs who played 2 years at U16s and whose biggest crime was being picked up by the Jets on 3.

Now I know he needed to play 40 junior games, but it just doesn't seem right to me and maybe a further reduction in Hobbs' points would be warranted.

Hey Bully, fair points you have raised. IMO they should have introduced zoning for juniors as well to stop clubs enticing juniors to move clubs. I agree you need to build a set of rules around it for kids with siblings outside your zone, or if there dad played a certain number of games at another club. That would even things out over time but it will take a while, but the immediate impact would be spreading juniors around to more clubs and it might affect clubs who rely on junior rego fees which often go towards senior payments.
What's your thoughts???
I don't think you can manipulate where juniors play their football so obviously clubs need to ensure their junior programs are strong and providing enough resources to ensure the players they have develope to their potential. Problem is some clubs just don't have the kids in their area to develope as you are eluding to now. So it's a double whammy for these clubs in that a) little talent is there in the first place and b) any top end talent recruited is never at 1 point but more likely 5 or 6. Given this IMO any returning juniors should be graded on what they have done not automatically be given 1 point. Remember these clubs will still benefit from their strong juniors as there will still plenty of players coming through with ability who stay around and remain 1 pointers. Maybe returning TAC cuppers can be be deemed 1 point . IMO a guy like Brock McLean should under no circumstances be a 1 pointer in local footy.

My only gripe looking at the points (and I'll use Douttas as an example here) from the weekend would be that, I think it's a bit unfair to have Shylo Smith as a 1 pointer, while Jake Hobbs who played 2 years at U16s and whose biggest crime was being picked up by the Jets on 3.

Now I know he needed to play 40 junior games, but it just doesn't seem right to me and maybe a further reduction in Hobbs' points would be warranted.
I assume Shylo Smith is a Douttas junior ? Also I know he played at Deer Park a couple of years back . Didn't he also play for Marby?

I'm not actually sure of his junior background.
He can't be a 1 pointer if he wasn't . I'm sure he was at Deer Park in 2014. Marby also rings a bell. Surely you can't hop around locally and return on 1 point !!! So many flaws in this .

He can't be a 1 pointer if he wasn't . I'm sure he was at Deer Park in 2014. Marby also rings a bell. Surely you can't hop around locally and return on 1 point !!! So many flaws in this .

I don't think his a Douttas junior but I could be proven wrong. Your right Bully with his history and pretty sure he won a few club B&Fs as well, to but classed as a 1 pointer. So my guess is they rated him a 3 last year and with a 2 point deduction he is rated a 1 pointer.

Alright let's be honest maybe 50 is sufficient for some clubs if they rate players correctly and take into account certain things like living away from where they grew up.
I've just had a look at some player points ratings and I'm not convinced they are a true reflection.
EDS - why is Vezpremi rated a 7. That's high.
PV - Urqhart rated a 4? That's with a 2 point deduction.. So when he came to PV he was rated a 6 the same as a player just out of AFL. Absurd!!
PV - Thomson rated a 4 same as Hughes from EDS. Now wasnt Hughes on a AFL list ?

Players shouldn't be given extra points for being leading goal kicker or B&F winners. That's a big joke.

Based on Saturdays player points PV vs Abers, it's almost impossible for PV to make inroads unless a numbers of Abers better players got severe injuries and clearances closed. Otherwise forget it.

How can APW can out and recruit some players.. Yes you can recruit but only from certain leagues otherwise your stuffed..

If anyone can tell me this is fair system to see competitive results then they just know enough about the game.
The basis of the points system has merit but you first must try and even it out not just say a blanket number of 50 for all..

Oh well I guess we have what we have!! I'm over this league at the moment, as they lack courage on a few things..

Hey Turbo, I went in the club rooms after the game and ask for my beer you owe me and they knew nothing about it, they didn't even know who you were, I used your real name and bigfooty NAMES and their reply was "WHO" Turbos a nobody! Turbo doesn't pay up! Turbos a tight arse! Turbos one of those blokes!

Last edited:
Alright let's be honest maybe 50 is sufficient for some clubs if they rate players correctly and take into account certain things like living away from where they grew up.
I've just had a look at some player points ratings and I'm not convinced they are a true reflection.
EDS - why is Vezpremi rated a 7. That's high.
PV - Urqhart rated a 4? That's with a 2 point deduction.. So when he came to PV he was rated a 6 the same as a player just out of AFL. Absurd!!
PV - Thomson rated a 4 same as Hughes from EDS. Now wasnt Hughes on a AFL list ?

Players shouldn't be given extra points for being leading goal kicker or B&F winners. That's a big joke.

Based on Saturdays player points PV vs Abers, it's almost impossible for PV to make inroads unless a numbers of Abers better players got severe injuries and clearances closed. Otherwise forget it.

How can APW can out and recruit some players.. Yes you can recruit but only from certain leagues otherwise your stuffed..

If anyone can tell me this is fair system to see competitive results then they just know enough about the game.
The basis of the points system has merit but you first must try and even it out not just say a blanket number of 50 for all..

Oh well I guess we have what we have!! I'm over this league at the moment, as they lack courage on a few things..
Yes the concept seems sound but there are so many of the details that appear nonsensical it's confusing. Not sure what the individual comps can do though . AFL Vic have set this up. One thing is clear so far . In all the major metro comps the same sides are dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back