List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Lets keep it to "List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions" please. Play the ball not the man.

If there is trolling, subtle or not, report it.

✌🏽

I dont like trolls. Especially subtle trolls.

Is that bewildering?

Noticed he hasnt said much since we have been good and his mob crap?

Which has been a breath of fresh air I must say.

Looks like he’ll be spending more time on his board now they’re destined for a rebuild.

Wonder what would happen if we headed over there and gave them a bit of advice on how to rebuild properly

You don’t get a first round draft pick after only two years for a third rounder, particularly a tall who usually takes more than two years to be AFL ready. He’s not playing because the Bulldogs have plenty of talls, not because he’s s**t. He’s tracking exactly as you’d expect a first round draft pick to so his price remains the same. We only get a discount if he’s out of contract and demanding out.

Fair, but I also think our 2nd is too much.

I’d like to trade our 2nd (currently 25) for Essendons pick 32 and F2, then we can give 32 for Busslinger.

Fair, but I also think our 2nd is too much.

I’d like to trade our 2nd (currently 25) for Essendons pick 32 and F2, then we can give 32 for Busslinger.
We have to take 3 people in the draft, no?

Wouldn't want to enter the draft with only a 1st and 4th rounder, having to upgrade a rookie or take picks in the 70s.

This might get a bit of hate, but does anyone thing Devon Granger Barras is worth a free throw at the stumps? Top 10 in his draft year, we would get him for nothing, but if we don't get busslinger, our backline really looks thin. Sometimes these kind of guys just need to be reminded that they can actually play, and a change of scenery can do that.

We have to take 3 people in the draft, no?

Wouldn't want to enter the draft with only a 1st and 4th rounder, having to upgrade a rookie or take picks in the 70s.

Need to make 3 list changes across national draft, rookie draft and rookie upgrades.

Could see us take our first round, upgrade Culley to the main list and take a rookie pick as the 3. Maybe we split our first in to two picks?

Baker and Busslinger via trade.

This might get a bit of hate, but does anyone thing Devon Granger Barras is worth a free throw at the stumps? Top 10 in his draft year, we would get him for nothing, but if we don't get busslinger, our backline really looks thin. Sometimes these kind of guys just need to be reminded that they can actually play, and a change of scenery can do that.

He’s out injured (again) and is a long, long way back.

Hawks say he is a good trainer, but he just can’t seem to build a tank and an AFL body.

He is gassed after one quarter. Got subbed off last year at half time without a single stat to his name.

He hasn’t developed much at all in 4 years in the system.

Without a huge change in fortunes he will be delisted at the end of the year. Worth throwing him a lifeline and picking him up on the rookie list as a DFA. He could provide good coverage as a KPD in Beagles. But as far as AFL goes, it’s looking bleak for DGB.

For DGB you take risks on players that have qualities you need.
He has none we need.
The last thing we need is a player who is always injured, can't get on the park and when on the park does nothing.

Last edited:
He’s out injured (again) and is a long, long way back.

Hawks say he is a good trainer, but he just can’t seem to build a tank and an AFL body.

He is gassed after one quarter. Got subbed off last year at half time without a single stat to his name.

He hasn’t developed much at all in 4 years in the system.

Without a huge change in fortunes he will be delisted at the end of the year. Worth throwing him a lifeline and picking him up on the rookie list as a DFA. He could provide good coverage as a KPD in Beagles. But as far
He has none we need.
The last thing we need is a player you is always injured, can;t get on the park and when on

He has none we need.
The last thing we need is a player you is always injured, can;t get on the park and when on the park does nothing.
tough, but fair. I just can't understand how someone can be so good in his junior year, and turn so s**t once he goes into the AFL system.

Yet, you are happy to have a dig on our board?

Kettle meet pot, hey!

As I’ve said before, my discussions on here have been fair dinkum.

I’ve got nothing to add at the moment, because it’s a bit early for the ladder to shake out, and very early in the under 18 cycle.

I’ve already said my piece on my view of your teams list needs this year, and don’t feel the need to mention it here every week.
Alright mate but how about you answer the bloody question?

Do you or do you not think kilometres Cripps is a selfish fraud for continuing to play and stifling Karpany's development?

Busslinger for our 2R pic like some have said is massive overs for someone who hasn't played a game yet. The club should have a crack but he's a 3rd round pic surely

3rd round picks are not worth much the last couple of years. Seems to be less picks taken at the moment. We traded ours to move up a couple of spots in the second round for Hall. Would def be a second rounder, considering Buss went in the first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think around this time last year, you said you picked an opposition club to follow from a draft perspective and it was us.

Have you picked a different club this year, or is it us again?
2 years ago.

I tend to follow a team until they make finals.

But, and I've said it before, in terms of opposition boards, West Coasts has been the best for posters, general banter, etc. It's not a feral board, or chip on their shoulder board, just a little bit of figjam.

Need to make 3 list changes across national draft, rookie draft and rookie upgrades.

Could see us take our first round, upgrade Culley to the main list and take a rookie pick as the 3. Maybe we split our first in to two picks?

Baker and Busslinger via trade.
Pretty sure it's 3 list changes through the national draft, with at least 1 live pick. So one pick and two rookie upgrades, at the minimum.

Pretty sure it's 3 list changes through the national draft, with at least 1 live pick. So one pick and two rookie upgrades, at the minimum.

Correct, though I’m not sure you can only take one pick. You’d be mad to do that anyway, you need to turn your list over a bit more than that.

Any reason why Sid Draper is going into free fall?

Without knowing much, it looks great on paper because it would allow us to split assuming we finish 17/16th and possible pick Draper + R1.

The s**t thing is, Adelaide seems to be shitting the bed and I guarantee they will pick Draper with their 1st....
Currently out with a shin stress fracture or something.

So not playing and others are impressing. He will come back later in the season and stocks will rise.

Actually think for us it's between Smillie and Draper this far out at around pick 2 and 5ish. After Ashcroft at 5.

Another strong performance from Josh Smillie for the AFL Academy. He played the majority of the game forward or back showing his versatility as a prospect and he was one of few Academy players able to match Footscray for physicality. The only thing to criticize would be his occasional kicking struggles, though his disposal was fine for the most part.

How do you see your midfield and defence holding up in a couple of seasons time, when Yeo and McGovern have *retired?

*if you haven't been able to add any quality, mature aged players to your list.

Midfield I think we’re starting to get players through. Defence is an issue, we don’t have an obvious successor for Gov (and Barrass, who might not play much into his 30s given his back injury). We’re relying on Bazzo staying fit and getting to that level. I think that’s a big part of why people are so keen on going after Busslinger.

Yet, you are happy to have a dig on our board?

Kettle meet pot, hey!

As I’ve said before, my discussions on here have been fair dinkum.

I’ve got nothing to add at the moment, because it’s a bit early for the ladder to shake out, and very early in the under 18 cycle.

I’ve already said my piece on my view of your teams list needs this year, and don’t feel the need to mention it here every week

Very subtle. As always.

"My discussion on here have been fair dinkum".

Yet I go read on the Lions board you bragging about poking the bear aka trolling the Eagles board and having a bit of fun. Called you out a couple of times over there and I'm the pot?

Hmmmm.

Happy to hear you are no longer repeating yourself on the Eagles demise and problems every week. And then bragging how great the Lions academy rort will keep the Lions in finals contention.

It was getting ..........well repetitive. Not to mention disengenuous.

Still thinking the Lions window isn't closing? If it doesn't happen this year or next it's a mini rebuild time for the Lion's. That conversation is being had quite a bit this year to date. The next 6 weeks against easier sides will tell a story

Midfield I think we’re starting to get players through. Defence is an issue, we don’t have an obvious successor for Gov (and Barrass, who might not play much into his 30s given his back injury). We’re relying on Bazzo staying fit and getting to that level. I think that’s a big part of why people are so keen on going after Busslinger.
Do you believe you can turn any of your other KPP's in to tall defenders? Thinking of Jamo or Barnett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back