List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Can’t say I’ve seen Smillie play forward much at all. He sneaks forward while on ball and gets the odd goal.

Academy game he played a little in defence. Generally in his games for Ranges he plays pretty much exclusively on ball for the majority of the game and takes a rest the on bench occasionally.

Im basing it on the highlights reel where he took a nice contested mark and kicked a goal. A small sample space I do admit.

At 194cm and from that footage I assumed that his coaches over the years have rested him forward. Since he is KP forward size and dwarfs the opposition.

Better off grabbing the best available when our pick is up.

Dunno about splitting.

Still a decent chance of a bottom 2 pick (which would suck but would be a mini bonus)

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sack our recruiting staff and just consult McClure from now on.

Then do the opposite. So far 100% success rate.

Any reason why Sid Draper is going into free fall?

Without knowing much, it looks great on paper because it would allow us to split assuming we finish 17/16th and possible pick Draper + R1.

The s**t thing is, Adelaide seems to be shitting the bed and I guarantee they will pick Draper with their 1st....

Can't have it both ways I guess.

Always bagging Port and Essendon for being March/April premiers but our 2 wins are epic!

We need to look long term and a top 2-3 pick would be gold.

Competitive is all we need in 2024

Would be very happy with any of the top handful of names that have been mentioned added to out midfield

Without knowing much, it looks great on paper because it would allow us to split assuming we finish 17/16th and possible pick Draper + R1.

The s**t thing is, Adelaide seems to be shitting the bed and I guarantee they will pick Draper with their 1st....
Adelaide will fly home in the 2nd half of the year. They've been so close v decent sides. They'll prob have pick 8-12

He's injured. He hasn't played a game in half a year I think.

I still want him at pick 3 pending national champs.

Busslinger for our 2R pic like some have said is massive overs for someone who hasn't played a game yet. The club should have a crack but he's a 3rd round pic surely
You don’t get a first round draft pick after only two years for a third rounder, particularly a tall who usually takes more than two years to be AFL ready. He’s not playing because the Bulldogs have plenty of talls, not because he’s s**t. He’s tracking exactly as you’d expect a first round draft pick to so his price remains the same. We only get a discount if he’s out of contract and demanding out.

You don’t get a first round draft pick after only two years for a third rounder, particularly a tall who usually takes more than two years to be AFL ready. He’s not playing because the Bulldogs have plenty of talls, not because he’s s**t. He’s tracking exactly as you’d expect a first round draft pick to so his price remains the same. We only get a discount if he’s out of contract and demanding out.

If we take another highly rated mid with our first pick, and use our second on buss, that will be it for our draft. Need to find a way to improve our draft hand because we really need to start bringing in some rebounding defenders/wing types.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Except he's out of contract, so the dogs have no leverage. 2nd rounder will get it done

I dont like trolls. Especially subtle trolls.

Is that bewildering?

Noticed he hasnt said much since we have been good and his mob crap?

Which has been a breath of fresh air I must say.
Yet, you are happy to have a dig on our board?

Kettle meet pot, hey!

As I’ve said before, my discussions on here have been fair dinkum.

I’ve got nothing to add at the moment, because it’s a bit early for the ladder to shake out, and very early in the under 18 cycle.

I’ve already said my piece on my view of your teams list needs this year, and don’t feel the need to mention it here every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we take another highly rated mid with our first pick, and use our second on buss, that will be it for our draft. Need to find a way to improve our draft hand because we really need to start bringing in some rebounding defenders/wing types.

At this early stage I agree. If I had to put my house on it I see us ending up with pick 2 or 3. For the purpose of the exercise I’ll assume pick 2. I’m also expecting Whitlock and particularly Shanahan (who might figure in top 5 calculations by the end of the year) as the best KPF prospects to be taken earlier than they are perhaps rated on ability alone due to list need. At this stage I think the point of difference Smillie provides will have him taken ahead of O’Sullivan by any of North, Richmond or Hawks. Obviously the following will almost certainly change after the national champs but looking at the options with rough pick trade value on precedent I see:

A: 2-O’Sullivan
B: 6-Smith/O’Farrell and 11-Travaglia
C: 11-Travaglia, 15-Trainor/Hotton, 20-Mraz

I had the total opposite view last year but this year option C is the most appealing to me. If we don’t use it on Buss/Baker, it might also be appealing to GCS to trade their pick 20 for our F2 and a late pick/pick swaps.

Yet, you are happy to have a dig on our board?

Kettle meet pot, hey!

As I’ve said before, my discussions on here have been fair dinkum.

I’ve got nothing to add at the moment, because it’s a bit early for the ladder to shake out, and very early in the under 18 cycle.

I’ve already said my piece on my view of your teams list needs this year, and don’t feel the need to mention it here every week.

I think around this time last year, you said you picked an opposition club to follow from a draft perspective and it was us.

Have you picked a different club this year, or is it us again?

I'm not saying he's s**t I would love him on the list I just have him down as our fourth or fifth priority this off season.

Everything Phil said is correct but it does refer to his u18s carnival and psa I'm assuming. As it stands we still haven't seen him at afl level (bevo is weird and might be holding him back). What needs to be remembered we have Oscar and Flynn to come in yet so there is an opportunity for maric to convert to a backman because he's prob in our best 22. Archer is another type who could also go back that's essentially bazzo,jamo,archer,maric capable of 3rd tall or chb

The afl seem to be making an effort to make this year's draft less compromised that 2nd pic could be sub25 yet. The club seems to have turned a corner and are heading in the right direction it might be a good idea to capitalise on 2 studs with our first pics before Tasmania raids the shelves and we move up higher on the ladder. Who's to say we won't find a barass or gov with our fourth round pic or in the rookie draft

At this early stage I agree. If I had to put my house on it I see us ending up with pick 2 or 3. For the purpose of the exercise I’ll assume pick 2. I’m also expecting Whitlock and particularly Shanahan (who might figure in top 5 calculations by the end of the year) as the best KPF prospects to be taken earlier than they are perhaps rated on ability alone due to list need. At this stage I think the point of difference Smillie provides will have him taken ahead of O’Sullivan by any of North, Richmond or Hawks. Obviously the following will almost certainly change after the national champs but looking at the options with rough pick trade value on precedent I see:

A: 2-O’Sullivan
B: 6-Smith/O’Farrell and 11-Travaglia
C: 11-Travaglia, 15-Trainor/Hotton, 20-Mraz

I had the total opposite view last year but this year option C is the most appealing to me. If we don’t use it on Buss/Baker, it might also be appealing to GCS to trade their pick 20 for our F2 and a late pick/pick swaps.
I see us finishing with pic4. From memory wb gave gc two teens and a f1 for that in 2023. It's hard to see that happening but a pic Sub10 and in the teens would be awesome

Free Agency the other path.

Perryman, Cumming the obvious ones. Would love McCluggage but I doubt he moves.

Rebounding defender/wing types? Isaac Cumming fits the bill. I have literally no reason to believe he’d want to come here, unless he’s also part of the Harley Reid fan club - but he’d be a great get.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont like trolls. Especially subtle trolls.

Is that bewildering?

Noticed he hasnt said much since we have been good and his mob crap?

Which has been a breath of fresh air I must say.
Losing takes away the gloating element - which is where all the fun lies

He might come on and explain how Brisbane are going to rebuild their list - primarily through their unfair academy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back