List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Very subtle. As always.

"My discussion on here have been fair dinkum".

Yet I go read on the Lions board you bragging about poking the bear aka trolling the Eagles board and having a bit of fun.
That's a complete misrepresentation of what I said on the Lions board.

That was after you first accused me of trolling here.

It was specifically aimed at you, in regards to you banging on about the academies.

I wasn't trolling the West Coast board. I was poking you specifically, and it was about the academies, and to a lesser extent the ability of Brisbane to top up through our academy, and nothing to do with West Coast, your list build, or your current situation.
Called you out a couple of times over there and I'm the pot?
You haven't called me out on our board.

You had a couple of little digs that no one over there has any clue about, hence no replies.

Other than that, you "liked" my post about me questioning the mental fortitude of our leaders. edit: I actually used your own words to describe the lack of leadership, I thought you would like that.
Hmmmm.

Happy to hear you are no longer repeating yourself on the Eagles demise and problems every week. And then bragging how great the Lions academy rort will keep the Lions in finals contention.

It was getting ..........well repetitive. Not to mention disengenuous.

Still thinking the Lions window isn't closing? If it doesn't happen this year or next it's a mini rebuild time for the Lion's. That conversation is being had quite a bit this year to date. The next 6 weeks against easier sides will tell a story
Come over to our board to discuss our current plight, instead of flooding here. You won't even be close to worst poster when it comes to catastrophising our list.

Do you believe you can turn any of your other KPP's in to tall defenders? Thinking of Jamo or Barnett.

We’re trying with Jamieson at the moment (at least, before he got injured) and he’s looked reasonable as the third tall who can take the resting ruckman and occasionally spell Barrass or McGovern on one of the key talls, but I don’t have much hope he’ll ever be in a position to take on a key role fulltime.

argue grumpy old men GIF by Laff

Just found this footage of when Briztoon and Obeanie met up in real life.

3rd round picks are not worth much the last couple of years. Seems to be less picks taken at the moment. We traded ours to move up a couple of spots in the second round for Hall. Would def be a second rounder, considering Buss went in the first.
Our round 2 pic I'd be trying to use on Baker or an elusive winger. I'd be happy to throw up our f2 for buss and essentially keep rolling that f2 over until the Tasmanian team comes in. Going without the r2 in the tas inception draft wouldn't hurt because they'll raid the best talent anyway

Midfield I think we’re starting to get players through. Defence is an issue, we don’t have an obvious successor for Gov (and Barrass, who might not play much into his 30s given his back injury). We’re relying on Bazzo staying fit and getting to that level. I think that’s a big part of why people are so keen on going after Busslinger.
If we do get the Buss I actually think we'll be OK.
We'd have Jamo, Buss and Hedwards as the tall timber down back and then we have Bazzo there as well.
Hough as the Medium/Small defender.

If we do get the Buss I actually think we'll be OK.
We'd have Jamo, Buss and Hedwards as the tall timber down back and then we have Bazzo there as well.
Hough as the Medium/Small defender.
The Pou has just re-signed which leaves Buss as the only top 2022 draftee not to extend. Reading the tea leaves I’m near certain he’s coming home which is excellent but if Harry and Jamo are our medium term defensive spine we aren’t heading to the promised land.

It was specifically aimed at you, in regards to you banging on about the academies.

I wasn't trolling the West Coast board. I was poking you specifically, and it was about the academies, and to a lesser extent the ability of Brisbane to top up through our academy, and nothing to do with West Coast, your list build, or your current situation.

You had a couple of little digs that no one over there has any clue about, hence no replies.

Other than that, you "liked" my post about me questioning the mental fortitude of our leaders. edit: I actually used your own words to describe the lack of leadership, I thought you would like that.

Come over to our board to discuss our current plight, instead of flooding here. You won't even be close to worst poster when it comes to catastrophising our list.
I appreciate intelligent comments regardless of where they come from. Plus outside perspectives are sometimes very illuminating. And it’s not as though we don’t have home grown nuffies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To ignore a user:

Go to your user profile > Your CP > Settings and Options > Edit ignore list > Add the username > Okay

Please both do this it's getting old.

I think we should take Trainor with our first. If we get Busslinger through a trade that’s a bonus. If we can get one of these guys we just need to add a premium mid and quality HBF in next years draft and we are looking solid

I think we should take Trainor with our first. If we get Busslinger through a trade that’s a bonus. If we can get one of these guys we just need to add a premium mid and quality HBF in next years draft and we are looking solid
He was good again today. We should be able to trade down our 1R to get Trainor and Travaglia, will be watching both very closely at the champs.

Looked at rookieme he's 194cm isn't that too short to be a KPD (CHB/FB)?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back