List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

This is a player that was prepared to push back money to help the club. Not seeing him leave
Assuming that’s the case and Barnett’s deal gets done as per his manager then (rookies aside) that only leaves Burgiel and JWilliams left that I’d like to see re-signed. Would be very tidy work to get all the deals done this early in the year.

2R+4R for Busslinger and Garcia then that just leaves us to figure out what to do with our 1R and get Perryman as a FA.

Assuming that’s the case and Barnett’s deal gets done as per his manager then (rookies aside) that only leaves Burgiel and JWilliams left that I’d like to see re-signed. Would be very tidy work to get all the deals done this early in the year.

2R+4R for Busslinger and Garcia then that just leaves us to figure out what to do with our 1R and get Perryman as a FA.
2R+4R for Busslinger and Garcia.....not sure that's going to happen!

2R+4R for Busslinger and Garcia.....not sure that's going to happen!
I’m assuming our 2R Is about pick 22, what would you value Busslinger at? Hasn’t played a game yet. Garcia is 4R at absolute best or a rookie, he may even be delisted.

I’m assuming our 2R Is about pick 22, what would you value Busslinger at? Hasn’t played a game yet. Garcia is 4R at absolute best or a rookie, he may even be delisted.
I'd love if it did happen, just can't see them letting him go for a 2nd, mainly going by what I was reading on the dogs board though so we'll see!

I'd love if it did happen, just can't see them letting him go for a 2nd, mainly going by what I was reading on the dogs board though so we'll see!
Some over there are absolutely unhinged with what they value their players at, most delusional in the league. Say that Tim English is soft as s**t then 20 minutes later say they should match a FA offer for him and demand pick 1 for the AA ruckman. Buss hasn’t played a single game, they aren’t getting a R1 for him.

If he's out of contract they won't have much of a choice and I'm sure we can outbid freo. They're also pretty well stocked for defenders so not sure how interested they'd be.

If he's out of contract they won't have much of a choice and I'm sure we can outbid freo. They're also pretty well stocked for defenders so not sure how interested they'd be.
Leave them to try and send their 3x1R to Sydney for LMac.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is garcia even worth a list spot ? If he wasn't from wa I doubt we are having this convo.
Have watched him play for years - he's a very good footballer. Queries over his size and injury history are fair enough, but he's a talented kid worth having a punt on.

If he stays fit he's a decent chance to have a Best 22 spot there by the end of the year anyway.

Dogs board saying Busslinger is gone. Coming home. Comes from a poster that seems to have a good track record for mail according to the board.

Take what that guy says with a massive grain of salt, he's mostly full of s**t.

He's said last 2 years Barrass was confirmed as gone, and last year said there would be a massive exodus of Eagles players seeking a trade.

If you want an idea of how accurate he is
Screenshot_20240424_231728_Edge.jpg

Take what that guy says with a massive grain of salt, he's mostly full of s**t.

He's said last 2 years Barrass was confirmed as gone, and last year said there would be a massive exodus of Eagles players seeking a trade.

If you want an idea of how accurate he is
View attachment 1969806
Oi, spoiler tags for day mode stuff thanks.

Are bonuses and additional payments for AA and other awards included in the cap? If so, that would be a real challenge to manage.

Are bonuses and additional payments for AA and other awards included in the cap? If so, that would be a real challenge to manage.
I imagine there's one person at each club who spends a fair bit of their time looking at a spreadsheet managing this kind of thing.

Contracts can be renegotiated mid year to front-end or back-end money depending on available cap space. I think there's also a bit of flexibility if you go slightly over in one year.

Geelong has a very poor record of treating soft tissue injuries. Particularly players with recurring soft tissue injuries.
Not sure medically as to the correlation but Cori Bay is bloody cold and has soft tissue problems

Brisbane is the opposite

I’m thinking the NFL would have insights

Not sure medically as to the correlation but Cori Bay is bloody cold and has soft tissue problems

Brisbane is the opposite

I’m thinking the NFL would have insights
We took Lincoln McCarthy from Geelong at the end of 2018, played 11 games in 7 years because of soft tissue injuries.

He’s about to play his 150th tonight, and hasn’t missed a game for us.

Same happened with Nakia Cockatoo at Geelong. Came to Brisbane, got over his hamstrings, but couldn’t get fit enough to run out games. Still playing QAFL up here for my local team though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back