Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You know it's fake right?
PWA's issues come from booking not anything intergender. They already had a captive audience who accepted Troy as a top wrestler. Turning the babyface champ no one wanted to see as a heel crushed their audience.

Very hard to do that when a 60 kilo woman is being booked as a modern day John Cena.
How so? If anything they didn't book her strongly enough. They had FUDGE of all people save her and give her the match with Ricky South.

Anyway, none of this matters, they have an upswing at the moment. Hopefully, they don't PWA it up. Turn Troy heel or something like that.

Seems to be a very crowded Melbourne scene, the last few weeks alone had Starrcast, HER, Stampede, Lucha Fantastica, PCW shows and with Bret Hart, Renegades and WrestleRock, BCW with Godfather, MXW, Alpha, Adrenaline, VPW, the Mayhem Showcase, MCW coming up and Tamashii in a few weeks time, then World Series Wrestling. Is anyone drawing 500+ ?!

How so? If anything they didn't book her strongly enough. They had FUDGE of all people save her and give her the match with Ricky South.

Anyway, none of this matters, they have an upswing at the moment. Hopefully, they don't PWA it up. Turn Troy heel or something like that.

Did you see the match? It was VERY funny bro. I'll run it down from how I remember it (I can't be bothered watching that awfulness again)

Kiedis came out in the early stages because Osborne needed the back up, Troy outwrestled Osborne despite being a good 35-40 kilos smaller, it wasn't even done intelligently, she was slammed on the floor, Kiedis cheated for Osborne so the only way Osborne could stop this rampaging young woman was to cheat 2 on 1.

Then Troy proceeded to kick out of everything thrown at her, ref bump, the heels tried to cheat and she overpowered 2 grown men and put them in a double fujiwara arm bar, Osborne hits his finish, Jess kicks out, the boys are about to use a chair on Troy but WAIT the 5'1 60-70 KG Charli Evans comes running out and runs off Kiedis who would be at least 6-7 inches taller and 20-30 kilos heavier, I think they tried to use the title belt at some point also.

The ref then got everyone to the back and it became a fair fight where Jess Troy tapped out a grown man in the middle of the ring with relative ease.

Seems to be a very crowded Melbourne scene, the last few weeks alone had Starrcast, HER, Stampede, Lucha Fantastica, PCW shows and with Bret Hart, Renegades and WrestleRock, BCW with Godfather, MXW, Alpha, Adrenaline, VPW, the Mayhem Showcase, MCW coming up and Tamashii in a few weeks time, then World Series Wrestling. Is anyone drawing 500+ ?!

It's going to be an interesting 12 months. I know personally that I can only afford to support one show every couple of months at the $50-$60 price point. Reckon many others would be in a similar boat.

It's going to be an interesting 12 months. I know personally that I can only afford to support one show every couple of months at the $50-$60 price point. Reckon many others would be in a similar boat.

Same. With cost of living atm a $45 wrestlerock ticket becomes difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see the match? It was VERY funny bro. I'll run it down from how I remember it (I can't be bothered watching that awfulness again)

Kiedis came out in the early stages because Osborne needed the back up, Troy outwrestled Osborne despite being a good 35-40 kilos smaller, it wasn't even done intelligently, she was slammed on the floor, Kiedis cheated for Osborne so the only way Osborne could stop this rampaging young woman was to cheat 2 on 1.

Then Troy proceeded to kick out of everything thrown at her, ref bump, the heels tried to cheat and she overpowered 2 grown men and put them in a double fujiwara arm bar, Osborne hits his finish, Jess kicks out, the boys are about to use a chair on Troy but WAIT the 5'1 60-70 KG Charli Evans comes running out and runs off Kiedis who would be at least 6-7 inches taller and 20-30 kilos heavier, I think they tried to use the title belt at some point also.

The ref then got everyone to the back and it became a fair fight where Jess Troy tapped out a grown man in the middle of the ring with relative ease.
I had a lot of other problems other than this. Just thought everything looked weak. I don't know if Troy is injured, or just because not working as much, but everything seemed off, even compared to their last match. I watch Mio Momono live all the time beat people wayyyy bigger than her and it doesn't seem crazy since she's so sharp in the ring.

Same with the Bonza/Ugg/Townsend/Moretti match. Everything looked really floaty. Really didn't like the heel team doing big moves for the heat. Gave it no contrast when there was a hot tag.

THE COMMENTARY WOULDN'T STOP TALKING. All 3 of them wouldn't stop.

MCW High Stakes
354 Sold - 388 set up (91%) - Does not include GA

MCW Ballroom Brawl
298 Sold - 388 set up (76%) - Does not include GA

ROW
43 Sold - 178 set up (24%) - Does not include GA

Last edited:
High Stakes seating is all gone. Card looks pretty good.

Will be there!

Hunour me, as it's only my 2nd MCW show, but would it be common for them to leave their Heavyweight Champion off the card??

Chances of a 3-way dance with Slex/Knight/Ugg guven Slex interefered last month??

Excited for MCW this weekend.
Will be there!

Hunour me, as it's only my 2nd MCW show, but would it be common for them to leave their Heavyweight Champion off the card??

Chances of a 3-way dance with Slex/Knight/Ugg guven Slex interefered last month??
During Matthews reign as champion I think there were four title matches in 18 months but they did a good job of having meaningful main events during that time and it didn't impact ticket sales too much. Since Slex has been champ this is the first show that the belt hasn't been on the line. Makes sense storyline-wise as he's a heel champ abusing the power of the GM to duck serious contenders.

From what I can tell the preference seems to be to only defend the belt if there is a storyline reason and avoid just having a title defence for the sake of it. Personally I prefer this type of approach as it allows some other matches to feature more prominently on the card.

I do have a slight issue with the Tommy Knight/Ugg match as I thought Tommy was already #1 contender following the four way match at Anniversary? I've only seen the shows live so don't know if this has been clarified on commentary.

Will be there!

MCW are going through the process of (somewhat inexplicably) turning all their top male babyfaces heel. If I was to do the typical Dave Meltzer post-WWE draft exercise of dividing the roster by alignment and ranking the heels and the babyfaces, Edwin the referee would probably be the top name on the babyface side at the moment.

Having said that, their shows are always good so they deserve the benefit of the doubt with the booking. Me and Rusty Brookes will be there somewhere.

PS. I think Slex’s non-participation is due to the fact that he is legitimately injured. Could be wrong though.

so it was much more interesting when everything was crap, and people were being total dicks?
I'm just joking mate. It's fantastic how things are going lately. Never in my dreams would I imagine people having so many viable options where to perform in front of great sized crowds.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back