Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

The ruck was one of the bigger issues in our midfield. Really though, I think our midfield stacked up pretty well.

Ruck was an issue in 2020 as well though.

Without going back at the numbers I don't think we had the class to compete with the best AFLW midfields in a possession game, and our defensive pressure from 2020 dropped massively this year.

Dana is a former basketballer who is fairly new to football and just made the move to Perth from Manjimup to further her football. She’s just had an outstanding season for Swan Districts.

She’s a really competitive and tough inside midfielder who has also shown that she can play forward.

Dana’s the type of player that we’d love to see work with Kiara Bowers, as she has the potential to become someone we could build a midfield around going forward.

Are we going to go back to beating better midfields with defensive pressure and tackling? Sounds fun.

Ruck was an issue in 2020 as well though.

Without going back at the numbers I don't think we had the class to compete with the best AFLW midfields in a possession game, and our defensive pressure from 2020 dropped massively this year.
Scoring was a big issue. Pretty happy to bolster attacking options. Adding pace is great too with Makaela.

(All clubs struggled with a possession game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the Franklin and Tuhakaraina selections.

Although I really hope not selecting Rowley doesn't come back to haunt us. WC now have an amazing young midfield but zero quality talls until Roberts next year.

East is a good ball winner but still feel it is a short term fix at the expense of a longer term development option.

I thought we might pick Low in a previous draft. Hope I'm wrong but I'll be very surprised if it works out (felt the same about Tester last year). Wielstra is ok depth so don't mind that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back