Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Demons v Cats Sat May 4th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you have taken out, if anyone?

Parfitt and O'Connor weren't too sharp or full of energy last week so it basically makes sense for Atkins to come in and Guthrie to move to midfield.

Rohan in will just mean he's either an impact sub or Dempsey/Cameron are close to permanent attacking wingmen. Our other small forwards will keep getting involved between the arcs too; Hawkins, Rohan and Henry will anchor inside 50 a bit more.

I'm not too sure about Clark but at the same time it's a good opportunity for him. He may just come on as a late pressure sub like Atkins did last week.

I'd have just had Danger out for Stewart. If Parf really needs a rest (couldn't be too bad as hes emergency) then him out for Clark. Melbourne is midfield I want O'Connor in for.

I dont dislike Roh either and definitely see him as part of the mix. Just not a spot right now with extremely few injuries and other forwards going well.

I wonder how many niche rabbit holes you can get down before the start of the game. Unfortunate you've derailed a thread with what's typically an intelligent and passionate mob in Melbourne supporters.
To be honest I feel our friend Daniel here isn't representative of Demons fans as a whole. Black sheep of the family it seems

Hope the game is better than this thread. Seriously, do some of you have nothing better going on in your life than to post crap all day?
Geelong will be too good unfortunately but hoping we can turn on some form. If Petty doesn’t lift I’ll pack his bags to Adelaide myself. Peak spud at the moment.

Hope the game is better than this thread. Seriously, do some of you have nothing better going on in your life than to post crap all day?
Geelong will be too good unfortunately but hoping we can turn on some form. If Petty doesn’t lift I’ll pack his bags to Adelaide myself. Peak spud at the moment.
27 pointless words. It's a football forum, mate. You're free to just watch the match and not comment at all.

Wouldn't rule the dees out at all. We have some obvious flaws

It’s important to remember with the Demons that ugly football doesn’t render it ineffective football. They are still winning regularly despite not playing what most people would consider their best or most attractive brand so who cares really. Beating them will be tough one way or the other I would imagine
Couldn't agree more. Their mids are good, their backline is good, their paths to goal in Fritsch and Pickett are types we usually struggle to defend. We are in good form though

Demons dominate where Cats are weakest.
Dees ranked No.1 score from stoppages diff.
Cats lost Danger for 6 gamer Jhye Clark
Guthrie 2nd game back from over 12mth spell.
Gawn is huge influence on Cats v Dees games
To win Cats must capitalise on any turnovers.
Cats rely on efficient conversion from F50 entries.
Not easy as Dees have the stingiest defence.
Expecting close game between flag contenders.
Grab the popcorn. It will be highly entertaining.

Dees defense versus Cats clinical chess piece moves going forward, with midsized tall and little fellas spreading around all over the shop. It might present a newish challenge for Dees backs, they could get separated and thus vulnerable.

Dees attacking mids getting ball forward into an organised Cats defence. If they bomb it, forget it. Dees will need to have a day out in the front half to keep up.

I can't see Dees winning tbh. Cats are on top of their game, imperious. Dees front half is not reliable enough, even if their mids get on top. No preference, just want it hard and close. Please. Just like last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on if you have a full-on crack, you are a good chance tonight.

May The Fourth Be With You Star Wars GIF by Major Tom

danster168 you seem like the type of bloke who may need a hand.
Throw a $50 on Clark 15+ disposals into Zach Guthrie 4+ marks @ $2.65 odds and thank me later :thumbsu:

Your boy Jhye will be eager to impress you tonight.

Back