List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

Garcia looks the goods and looks a steal but there is a reason Sanders was as high as 3 on the draft boards. He averaged 33 possessions in the Coates league and dominated at junior level. Garcia was off broadway and someone had to project on him.

I doubt pre draft anyone thought they'd end up equal players and I think you'd still be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that Sanders isn't the more likely prospect. Hugo will have to scrap for every opportunity. Sanders will be given every opportunity. They paid up big because he's a blue chip prospect.

He's very likely to be a star quality type and the Bulldogs again got lucky being given so many high end kids for near free that they could move up the draft in order to target that type.
Not really fussed about draft position just thinking that I'd be talking up Wilsons performances rather than talking about Sanders who we were never gonna be able to draft in the first place.

As to Garcia - well other than Reid, I doubt there's another Top 20 midfielder from last years draft who has attended as many Centre Bounce's per game as him so far this year.

Very tough introduction to AFL - that's why I'm more than happy for him to play purely as a pressure fwd this week if Dow and Jones come back into the side.

Garcia looks the goods and looks a steal but there is a reason Sanders was as high as 3 on the draft boards. He averaged 33 possessions in the Coates league and dominated at junior level. Garcia was off broadway and someone had to project on him.

I doubt pre draft anyone thought they'd end up equal players and I think you'd still be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that Sanders isn't the more likely prospect. Hugo will have to scrap for every opportunity. Sanders will be given every opportunity. They paid up big because he's a blue chip prospect.

He's very likely to be a star quality type and the Bulldogs again got lucky being given so many high end kids for near free that they could move up the draft in order to target that type.

Bulldogs gave up 3 first round picks to get Sanders. That's not luck.

No they didn't. They gave up picks 23,13 and future 1st for Sanders (pick 6) and Croft (pick 15)

If they hadn't traded their picks out , they'd still have a player for pick 13, Croft , and this years first.
If they had been unlucky, they'd have still had Croft , 23 and this year's first.
They clearly and deliberately paid to move up the draft order.
Croft was "lucky", Sanders was planned.

Cmon mate, Ron ended up with Hermione. He is the biggest winner out of that entire franchise based on that alone!

In 20 years time she'll be fat and homely, and imagine what sort of a Karen she'll be.

"What the **** are you doing Ron!!!!...You better not be on the BigQuiddish forums again, you are meant to be cleaning the owl crap off the carpet ".

And yet I'd argue only Reid has looked better then big Wilson so far.

Wilson has been great but he was also a first round pick who was expected to go somewhere between pick 7 and 12 in the draft. Not exactly picking up an unknown. These kids are highly analysed before the draft and their junior footy has been scrutinised.

Part of Wilson's good form is us playing him until he got good too. Some clubs prefer to feed players in slowly and build confidence through the VFL. We have gone the fast track.

Really hard to mark anyone from the draft year. Sometimes the guns end up going nowhere and the best come from nowhere.

Bulldogs gave up 3 first round picks to get Sanders. That's not luck.

It's luck that they already have JUH, Darcy, Croft, Busslinger etc already developing which means that they can afford to roll the dice and move into the prime picks.

Not really fussed about draft position just thinking that I'd be talking up Wilsons performances rather than talking about Sanders who we were never gonna be able to draft in the first place.

As to Garcia - well other than Reid, I doubt there's another Top 20 midfielder from last years draft who has attended as many Centre Bounce's per game as him so far this year.

Very tough introduction to AFL - that's why I'm more than happy for him to play purely as a pressure fwd this week if Dow and Jones come back into the side.

Blue chip prospects are blue chip for a reason.

There was a reason Billings went at 3 as well ;)

Cmon mate, Ron ended up with Hermione. He is the biggest winner out of that entire franchise based on that alone!
😆 Don't start me on fricken' Hermione... she's only in it for extra credit. Seeing Ron as a lifelong "project" (kind of how my Mrs. see's me I suspect)
There's not enough magic in the world.

There was a reason Billings went at 3 as well ;)

There is always exceptions to the rules. Most of the stars of the game came at the front end of the draft.

These are old and drafting has improved a lot since.

😆 Don't start me on fricken' Hermione... she's only in it for extra credit. Seeing Ron as a lifelong "project" (kind of how my Mrs. see's me I suspect)
There's not enough magic in the world.

Yeah, pretty sure I was a renovator's delight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a great kid - pity the AFL will find a way to change the NGA system so we are the only club that can't access him.

In all seriousness, getting some great NGA talent for a discounted price would speed up our re-build immensely. Looks like we have 3-4 kids that could be up for consideration this year.

Sounds like a great kid - pity the AFL will find a way to change the NGA system so we are the only club that can't access him.

In all seriousness, getting some great NGA talent for a discounted price would speed up our re-build immensely. Looks like we have 3-4 kids that could be up for consideration this year.

Good news or though frustrating he's yet another half back flanker.

Should we be concerned that Philippou's only extended his contract a further 2 years?

I would have liked to see him get 3 or 4 years. I wonder who wanted to keep it short. He's bound to increase in value.
Au contraire, it makes me feel good.

I think we only get a four year contract if we overpay a little. This way we pay where he’s at and we give him the chance to earn more in two years time.

I’d prefer Nas on a long term contract though.

The afl will change the bidding system next year. Mark my words

The afl will change the bidding system next year. Mark my words
most likely.

however ii find it unfair Saints and any other club helps build the player, support he NGA player, brings him into the club etc et and what do we get, nothing if the players have lots of talent.

most likely.

however ii find it unfair Saints and any other club helps build the player, support he NGA player, brings him into the club etc et and what do we get, nothing if the players have lots of talent.
Yeah the nga system is broken. I think they need to bring in the proposed changes this year

Riley Sanders looks like another Horne-Francis level prospect. After Harley Reid, Sanders and McKercher were the two best prospects IMO. Means nothing once you're drafted but he;'s absolute blue chip.

If Windsor turns out to be better we won the lottery getting him where did.

Haven’t seen heaps of Sanders but he looks as slow as a prototype St Kilda midfielder to me.

Hasn’t got close to the jets that JHF has.

And has really, really short legs & a ludicrously long torso. Looks like he was raised in the shadows of Coode Island… so a perfect fit for the Dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back