Lions Board Punters Club 2012

Yep, definitely a vote against. I'm cold on Geelong.

My bet for this week is $10 on Sydney to beat Port @ $1.47.

What is $14.70 divided by 20 odd?

er I mean well played Grimbo :thumbsu:

australia__ed_cowan_raise_bat_2345_n2.jpg

And I didn't put up the LMS pic for this week as it's pretty dull reading but if you're interested this is how the comp looks this week...

lmsrd3.JPG

If you assume WCE will win that means 44 ppl have been knocked out so far in LMS... only chance for bigger numbers to leave us is if the Hawks & Cats go down and even then the week will only have eliminated 292...

Punting Update:

Grim got us a return from his punt on the Swans straight up vs the Power. His bet returned $14.70 and is now our highest return of the year so far. In fact it's only our second return so far, albeit from only 6 starts.

wabaa put it all on the line on a 4 leg multi which fell over on the first leg Friday night when the Pies failed to get up over the Blues. The Swans covered the line he had in another leg while the Bombers also let him down in another. Sadly the Cats also failed him meaning he got 1/4 of his legs up... now that sounds ridiculously suss but I'm leaving it as worded :p

AFL LMS Update:

As discussed just a few posts up not much to write home about this week. 8517 punters backed the Eagles with no big numbers elsewhere being eliminated. While the Crows looked a bit down today it'd be hard to see them not be heavily backed next week against the Giants.

AFL Tipping Update:

alscotoz was up for tipping and had 8/8 heading into the last game of the round. The Cats were sluggish early and never really got going from what I could tell of the comments coming out of the game. So he ended getting 8/9.

For the second week in a row the Cats cost us a perfect round... last week they got up by 2 against the Hawks in the last game of the round and this time they failed to get up against the Roos.

I'll update the HouseKeeping post with actual ranking etc when I know them.

AFL Tipping Update:

Thought it was worth a separate update to report we're in the top 1000 for the AFL tipping for the first time. We're ranked 751 from 11779!

Well done to all so far, let's see if we can't keep it going... no pressure PattyKisagun!! ;)

LMS for this week... games are:

Saints v Dockers
Blues v Bombers
Magpies v Power
Crows v Giants
Eagles v Hawks
Lions v Suns
Cats v Tigers
Swans v Kangaroos
Demons v Bulldogs

I'm for the Crows I think at the moment as the obvious choice.

Bonus Bet Update:

We're getting nowhere fast with this so I'm making an executive decision assisted by some advice from others.

What we're going to go with is 6 x $50 bets as the divvy up.

What we're also going to do is lock in the markets those 6 bets can be used for and then run polls to get what the actual bets will be.

This is the proposed structure:

2 x GF Quinella Bets
2 x Brownlow Bets
1 x Coleman/Rising Star Bet
1 x Top4/Top8 Bet

Ideally I'd like to see at least one "short term" bet in there to get us at least one non end of season result (i.e. long wait for results), but I think that'll work best.

We will have to work through issues with recycling Bonus Bet winnings through but that might have to carry over to next year if some of them do get up as the season will be over by the time they all result.

We should have jumped on a couple of those GF Quinellas last week to be honest as prices will have shortened. Ultimately though the more we win on these bonus bets the more we have to recycle before we can collect so it's probably not that bad of a thing.

I've had discussions with a mod re: how we will run these polls and there is talk of using a thread based poll per bet but that is to be ironed out. Markets are also down at the moment while odds are being reevaluated by SportingBet.

Voting will close by 4pm this Friday for certain bets (if not all) so please keep a VERY active eye on this thread to ensure you have the chance to have your say!!!

Bonus Bets Update:

As per my previous post we've set the markets and the bet types for our Bonus Bets.

There are now polls running on the Lions Board where you can select your preferred options.

The threads for voting are here:

GF Quinella Bonus Bets
Brownlow Bonus Bets
Ladder Position (Top4/Top8/Miss8/Spoon) Bonus Bets

There will be one more poll thread for Coleman/Rising Star options but the markets are not currently open on SportingBet for it... I assume they are waiting on Nominations for Rising Star for this week. I will update this thread with a link to that poll when it is started.

Bonus Bets Update:

As per my previous post we've set the markets and the bet types for our Bonus Bets.

There are now polls running on the Lions Board where you can select your preferred options.

The threads for voting are here:

GF Quinella Bonus Bets
Brownlow Bonus Bets
Ladder Position (Top4/Top8/Miss8/Spoon) Bonus Bets

There will be one more poll thread for Coleman/Rising Star options but the markets are not currently open on SportingBet for it... I assume they are waiting on Nominations for Rising Star for this week. I will update this thread with a link to that poll when it is started.

Thanks for all your work Jorgo:thumbsu:

Back