Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what the go is re spoilers so I'll pop in it a tag. Re: high stakes

delta lost the belt. Unsure how long local total reigns are but it seems a quick run for her. We know she had a trial when wwe were in Perth, is it possible she got the call to come in a train at the pc?

delta lost the belt. Unsure how long local total reigns are but it seems a quick run for her. We know she had a trial when wwe were in Perth, is it possible she got the call to come in a train at the pc?
I think it was more to get the Women's belt off Delta to do something different there. Erika seems to be getting over with the crowd well, always good to have another over champion.

I thought what you thought at the time it happened, Quivorir. But her stare down with Slex at the end of the show leads me to believe they might be prepared to go all the way with her. I also think that, if she was leaving, she would have just dropped the belt to Erika without the need to add Cherry as a patsy to take the pinfall to keep Delta strong.

As an aside, the main event was great. I reckon it has taken Tommy a little while to get over to the level of his push, but he and Ugg put on a belter. Credit to Tommy for persevering through a pretty nasty gash on the inside of his bicep too. I happened to be standing outside the venue post-show when he walked out with his arm taped up, and it was great to see the reaction he got from everyone there.

I also got around to watching the first half of ROW on YouTube the other night. Fun show, keen for 9 June. Geez it’s good to have Royce Chambers and Gino back too.

Less than 2 weeks away from Tamashii, only one match on each card announced…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well that answers my question about everyone knowing about Tamashii and what happened last time.

I'm a little late but thanks to Poison, got to my first MCW show. I enjoyed it a lot. Been a while since I've been to a local wrestling show - very professionally run, matches were entertaining, crowd was hot. I'd be interested to see if they could take the next step - regular four figure crowds, more shows. They might not even be interested in doing so but I reckon the potential for a wider audience is there.

I'm a little late but thanks to Poison, got to my first MCW show. I enjoyed it a lot. Been a while since I've been to a local wrestling show - very professionally run, matches were entertaining, crowd was hot. I'd be interested to see if they could take the next step - regular four figure crowds, more shows. They might not even be interested in doing so but I reckon the potential for a wider audience is there.
Suitable venues is the main issues. The larger available venues would either drastically increase cost to run or take away from the atmosphere that you are able to generate in a theatre

Former Melbourne Pro Wrestler Josh Shooter who was blacklisted due to sharing and selling multiple female performers nudes, now he’s been caught running the same muck in the melb hospo industry…….

You might be onto something there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You heard wrong. There was at least a hundred seats PLUS standing. It was at least 150, though not much more than that. It was pretty full and very loud. Great show.

Came from a mate who was there and has no reason to lie but even if it was 150 that isn't a great look is it? The company went away for 8 months after not making enough to pay people (According to kistan at least) and then comes back to draw low numbers again, you'd have to think 150 across both nights probably isn't doing much more than covering the costs of Bishamon and Fale.

I know this is just wishful thinking but if NJPW wanted to partner with someone here I don't think Bonza and PWA are the answer. Looking at the Sydney results is Big Fudge Vs Nikki Van Blair in an intergender bout really a NJPW type of match? The majority of the undercard seems to be inexperienced Fale Dojo guys and PWA rookies but the NJPW name is slapped on it so people obviously are expecting great pro wrestling.

Came from a mate who was there and has no reason to lie but even if it was 150 that isn't a great look is it? The company went away for 8 months after not making enough to pay people (According to kistan at least) and then comes back to draw low numbers again, you'd have to think 150 across both nights probably isn't doing much more than covering the costs of Bishamon and Fale.

I know this is just wishful thinking but if NJPW wanted to partner with someone here I don't think Bonza and PWA are the answer. Looking at the Sydney results is Big Fudge Vs Nikki Van Blair in an intergender bout really a NJPW type of match? The majority of the undercard seems to be inexperienced Fale Dojo guys and PWA rookies but the NJPW name is slapped on it so people obviously are expecting great pro wrestling.

I don't think they truely recovered after the school was exposed -

Come now. People sharing inaccurate attendance is a staple of the wrestling business.

It's like how WWE claim 1,000,000 were at Wrestlemania, or how MCW claim they've sold out despite still selling tickets for their latest event. You even go on to list a couple of reason why someone may mislead you on numbers, or they were just inaccurate.

I was involved in setup. 100 chairs were put out. Every chair was filled. The venue really could not fit many more people in, so clearly they had a expectation of this number.

I just dislike misinformation. It's rampant in Australian wrestling at the moment.

Not sure why you went on to list the other things, but I completely agree that even if the attendance was 100 or 150, that dosen't excuse the past pay issues, and your criticisms are fair.

Last edited:
Come now. People sharing inaccurate attendance is a staple of the wrestling business.

It's like how WWE claim 1,000,000 were at Wrestlemania, or how MCW claim they've sold out despite still selling tickets for their latest event. You even go on to list a couple of reason why someone may mislead you on numbers, or they were just inaccurate.

I was involved in setup. 100 chairs were put out. Every chair was filled. The venue really could not fit many more people in, so clearly they had a expectation of this number.

I just dislike misinformation. It's rampant in Australian wrestling at the moment.

Not sure why you went on to list the other things, but I completely agree that even if the attendance was 100 or 150, that dosen't excuse the past pay issues, and your criticisms are fair.

A friend of mine went, said it was a pretty average show (pretty standard for pwa these days) and around 100 in attendance.
I think that is maybe due to the fact it wasn’t advertised too well.
They said the undercard wasn’t really good.

Could easily argue that you being involved in the show in some capacity gives you much more of a dog in the fight then my mate though.

Regardless whether it was 100 or 150 it was a bad number and Tamashii may need to rethink what they're doing, I'm glad we agree on that.

Mcw is a different beast though in terms of giving last minute refunds to people. So there will always be tickets on sale even up to the last moment. Standing sometimes sells out. Sometimes doesn't. I don't even see the last 30 standing tickets as a big thing in the scheme of things.

As I said. There was a slow down with tickets for mcw for the last show, but the seats sold out and came very close with standing. I attest the solid card for this. Same with ROW last show as well. Rock solid matches with some names thrown in will always get interest to a level. Especially last minute when people look at the card and say. Oh so and so will have a good match.

I will say they did two things right, teaser ending after a clean match, keeping the heavy heat for the middle which meant people walked away happy. When you arent running a weekly or even fortnightly show you don't really have the opportunity to run many heat angles since you kinda have to keep the crowd happy and positive for the next show.

I love heavy heat and intrigue by the way. But it does have restrictions with show frequency since people on the fence won't stick it out.

A friend of mine went, said it was a pretty average show (pretty standard for pwa these days) and around 100 in attendance.
I think that is maybe due to the fact it wasn’t advertised too well.
They said the undercard wasn’t really good.

One of my friends who went in Sydney said it wasn't great either.

I think it comes down to:

Who are the shows for?
If these shows are for trainees to get more experience, they need to invest.

Like Sydney should have been
Moretti vs x
Bonza vs x
Velocities vs x y
Fale vs x

Or do one name with one trainee vs one name with one trainee.

Then maybe done Bishamon and Jimmy vs South, Ugg and Aaron Jake

Then Melbourne next night, whoever you can get from Sydney who can come working different trainees and get Brooks, Waterman, Filips, Rapid, Emman, JXT to fill in the other gaps working with trainees.

Plus they need to be doing this frequently and say running a dojo show and a show somewhere else in Auckland area and get Brooks doing 2 matches, one tag one singles with the stand out trainees.

You can see the difference in Japan, with say JTO who doesn't have people work with Vets (trainees with trainees) and everyone is pretty smeh, vs say the Evolution group who have improved 1000 times over.

One of my friends who went in Sydney said it wasn't great either.

I think it comes down to:

Who are the shows for?
If these shows are for trainees to get more experience, they need to invest.

I don't think the shows are for the trainees, I think it is a genuine attempt to cash in on the NJPW name and give the fans the most genuine NJPW experience that they can on a very small budget but I also think bad booking and not understanding that audience is why Tamashii is a failure.

The Fale Dojo guys, lets be honest whether it is due to lack of ability or inexperience they are guys that the NJPW Dojo itself have passed on, there are no potential in the guys there for NJPW currently and most of them are Australian and NZ independent guys, it is considered the worst NJPW affiliated school.

The PWA guys, PWA has dropped off massively and aren't drawing better than anyone else in Sydney anymore. To cut costs they've put people on who should be nowhere near a NJPW branded show. The only ones in Sydney the other night from PWA that I'd book on a NJPW style show would be The Velocities.

Ballroom Brawl will be streaming live! Hopefully this means all future events will be too so I can watch them spoiler free if I can't attend. Only 5 dollaridoos too.

https://www.streamhorizon.com.au/livestream/s-mcw-ballroom-brawl-2024-am7cn

That's awesome, thanks for the link dude. Great deal as well.

season 6 GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back