Trades 2024 Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snuck this in with 3k to spare, don't like going double early on rookies, been burnt before, but it was the only option to retain LDU/Kerch etc whilst upgrading to Martin who will slot in nicely at M6. The HoreHowes was fun while it lasted...

round 5 trades 2024.png

Was thinking of trading Jordan to Flanders now considering Martin instead.
(Lower BE and threat of a tag on Flanders)

I have Fisher to trade to Flanders next week instead. However, Fisher has been named in the forward line so perhaps I should do both trades.

Thoughts?

Jordan to Flanders or Martin?
Or
Jordan to Flanders and Fisher to Martin
Do both

He was always a trade out for me at this stage.
Marshall was the plan - but Meek appeared and has insane value role vibes.

Grundy has been serviceable- but he won't be a top 5 ruck by average at years end.

As a result
Bye Brodie
Yeah,still weighing it up, but he is genuinely handy around the ground and he has na OK HTA rate given he's pretty undersized.
Worry about Sam Mitchell, though.
Agree on Brodie, he is what he is at this stage đź‘Ť

**** it kents. Locking in an all-time Roughie. Either a moment of brilliance or madness that starts my plummet outside of the top 1000.

A few weeks ago, I traded Young to allow me to get SP Powell and D'Ambrosio. I had locked in Bramble most of the week and then swapped him to Windhager around the time teams were dropped. I "corrected" that last week after Bramble put in another good performance and Windhager looked shit and got suspended.

And now...

Grundy > Meek
Bramble > Young

Kenties

Undecided here. Have already gone Howes to Clohesy.

From there keen to get Meek in. Is it going sideways from Jordan or using the cash on Berry who may lose $ this week ?

Screenshot_20240411_221216_SuperCoach.jpg

Kenties

From there keen to get Meek in. Is it going sideways from Jordan or using the cash on Berry who may lose $ this week ?

View attachment 1956645
Tom Berry, definitely. You know Jordon isn't dropping cash and Berry most likely will. His score probably won't be in your best 18 while Meek might mean a 60-70 score drops out.

Kenties

View attachment 1956645
No idea why you would trade Howes over Berry who is almost def gonna lose cash, plus you get more money out of it. I traded Berry for Clohesy via DPP. Unless you have no Daicos or anyone else back with DPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea why you would trade Howes over Berry who is almost def gonna lose cash, plus you get more money out of it. I traded Berry for Clohesy via DPP. Unless you have no Daicos or anyone else back with DPP.
Given a 3 game average of under 50, Howes wasn't exactly a lock to hit his BE tonight either

Given a 3 game average of under 50, Howes wasn't exactly a lock to hit his BE tonight either
Absolutely, but he was still at a lower BE than Berry and also nets you slightly less cash. Also think generally Howes role is better for scoring than Berry's generally. Though if I didn't have Berry I prob would have traded Howes for Clohesy like a lot of people have also.

The Roughies are back in vogue, I could be joining the club if Fyfe scores another ton this round.
I own him, but almost certain he gets rested against West Coast next week.

Ranked 157.

Not really sure which way to go yet.

It’s either:

A) Sexton/Clark > Clohesy & Grundy > English

Or

B) Sexton/Clark > Clohesy & Grundy > Meek (leaves me with 442k) so can even boost Massimo > Stewart this week or next)

Thoughts?

Love to hear everyone’s thoughts here.

Initial thoughts are Grundy>English, but not sure if English is the best play or I go cheaper option with Marshall (or Meek as is the play for many)

Pink or Berry > Clohesy needs to be considered too, to make sure there is a bit of $$ available next week for upgrading without a boost (maybe Fisher>Heeney or Gulden)

Love to hear any thoughts you may have, anything left field etc!

1C90838F-917B-4190-B37C-B7BD1226FAC2.jpeg 602FA878-6248-41FB-8484-0881821F8962.jpeg

Last edited:
I just can’t keep swallowing these rubbish scores up forward. Already have Heeney and Flanders. Just can’t see who to bring in, Zorko seems the best option?
I vomited at this the other day.

Three 100’s and a 90 for $525k? in a season where the forwards are literal trash.

Pros - Scoring well

Cons -

1)

Is a flog of the highest order and seeing him in my team, or any team for that matter, makes my eyes bleed.

2)

Is closing in on 40 years old.

3)

Shit bloke.

4)

Choosing him over Dawson in my backline a few years back because he “suited” my bye situation better single-handedly ruined my season.

5)

I hate his face.

6)

See answer 3)

7)

I’m strongly considering him

8)

No I’m not, he’s a campaigner.

9)

The forward line is cooked so, maybe

10)

Is a flog of the highest order and seeing him in my team, or any team for that matter, makes my eyes bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back