The Jack Riewoldt Memorial Society of Good Players Who Surprisingly Don't Dominate Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Cameron.

Melbourne is the only club he averages fewer than 10 disposals against.

Only club he's never polled a Brownlow vote against.

One of three clubs he averages fewer than two goals per game against.

I fully expect him to kick 13 goals in a couple of weeks' time.

Few nominations for the next two weeks (jinx time):
  • Charlie Curnow: has kicked less goals against Melbourne than he has vs. any other team (lowest by total and average)
  • Jeremy Cameron: averages his second lowest goals per game total and lowest disposals per game totals against Melbourne.
  • Tom Stewart: averages his second lowest disposals per game total against Melbourne (this one surprised me)

• Charlie Curnow: has kicked less goals against Melbourne than he has vs. any other team (lowest by total and average)
  • Jeremy Cameron: averages his second lowest goals per game total and lowest disposals per game totals against Melbourne.
  • Tom Stewart: averages his second lowest disposals per game total against Melbourne (this one surprised me)
Great effort to guarantee Curnow and Cameron kick 8 each

* fewer goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely learningsed is the correct past tense of learnings?

Or is it learntingsed?
My education occurred in the fun era where we decided kids shouldn't learn any of the language rules that apply to English, I also went to probably a bottom 5% school in the state and spent the first decade or so of my working life as a tradie.

******* love that I get to hang s**t on basically all of the AFL industry and their dip-s**t butchering of the language despite them pretty much all being the product of fancy private school education.

My education occurred in the fun era where we decided kids shouldn't learn any of the language rules that apply to English, I also went to probably a bottom 5% school in the state and spent the first decade or so of my working life as a tradie.

******* love that I get to hang s**t on basically all of the AFL industry and their dip-s**t butchering of the language despite them pretty much all being the product of fancy private school education.
Me too.

Victim of child-centred learning strategies. I don’t recall and grammar or syntax appearing in the classroom but we did sing folk songs with a big beard guy and I coloured in heaps of pictures until I was old enough to learn tie-dying

Me too.

Victim of child-centred learning strategies. I don’t recall and grammar or syntax appearing in the classroom but we did sing folk songs with a big beard guy and I coloured in heaps of pictures until I was old enough to learn tie-dying

Probably learn more about how language is actually used through folk songs with a big beardy guy than dry and archaic morphosyntax lessons :shrug:

Me too.

Was that you I saw last month leaving the tie-dying class??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back