Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I need to say this. If I ever see our blokes sitting in a cinema gloating as they watch themselves win a premiership, I will deadset spew up. Never let it happen, Cooky.

OMG
"Follows four characters...” Would not watch.

0 stars David and Margaret and BG

I need to say this. If I ever see our blokes sitting in a cinema gloating as they watch themselves win a premiership, I will deadset spew up. Never let it happen, Cooky.
And whilst we are on the topic of gloating, I have never been a fan of unfurling the flag rnd 1 in public so Cookie, banish that tradition also. Swans wiped their collective arses with it last night.

I dont do social media but there must be some on here that do.

Surely someone needs to galvanise either a club media response (playful or not) or groups of supporters to rip Kane Cornes a big response to his STUPID comments last year about trading Harry Mckay and that the Blues would be better off.

Surely there is a chance to really drive home how much of a tool he is in his 'poor' analysis.
  • Stupid analysis of Kane point 1: We trade Harry...so then we need to find a replacement which is probably a draftee who would take years to offer what harry does. At the time we are in a prem window.
  • Stupid point 2: Without Harry Charlie gets triple teamed every match. What a total muppet Kane is.

Some formal posting response from our club to Kane would be funny and worth it. To highlight stupid media comments that can be harmful.

In 2024 more than half the teams in the AFL would drool over having him in their side.

Surely someone needs to galvanise either a club media response (playful or not) or groups of supporters to rip Kane Cornes a big response to his STUPID comments last year about trading Harry Mckay and that the Blues would be better off.

Surely there is a chance to really drive home how much of a tool he is in his 'poor' analysis.
  • Stupid analysis of Kane point 1: We trade Harry...so then we need to find a replacement which is probably a draftee who would take years to offer what harry does. At the time we are in a prem window.
  • Stupid point 2: Without Harry Charlie gets triple teamed every match. What a total muppet Kane is.

Some formal posting response from our club to Kane would be funny and worth it. To highlight stupid media comments that can be harmful.

In 2024 more than half the teams in the AFL would drool over having him in their side.

Harry has already given the best response possible so far...

Let our footy do the talking.

Yep, day 1 of preseason it’s wiped from the player’s memory….fwd looking only.
Us fans however can bask in the glory of what “we’ve” achieved for eternity…otherwise this forum wouldn’t exist.

I actually don't mind Corn, but he can talk some absolute crappola sometimes.

How could we forget his take on our own Georgie.....

“This is what gets me, and George Hewett who’s going to go from Sydney to Carlton, I read four years - Why would you give George Hewett four years? That makes no sense.

“I read he hasn’t been offered a contract at Sydney - the contract will come but they’re not in a position to offer him yet - why would Carlton give a player who’s not getting a deal at another club four years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think these podcasts are too long winded and drawn out?
The one's that feature multiple contributors are the worst, too matey and unfocused, "say what you intend to say...and shut up".
Sometimes less is more, to me the best VLOG's are about 15 minutes max.
For me, if it works it works.

I'm happy to listen to two and a half hours (broken up over a few days when I'm driving) of the Prendercast, because their chemistry allows for meandering. Also, these guys really know their football and they have very distinct personalities so it never feels like I'm the only person in the meeting on zoom while everyone else is in the room.

But I agree that vast majority of content creators desperately need an editor.

For me, if it works it works.

I'm happy to listen to two and a half hours (broken up over a few days when I'm driving) of the Prendercast, because their chemistry allows for meandering. Also, these guys really know their football and they have very distinct personalities so it never feels like I'm the only person in the meeting on zoom while everyone else is in the room.

But I agree that vast majority of content creators desperately need an editor.
It's definitely a personal taste thing. (and I was just providing constructive feedback)
I've been filming 'content' for the past 2 years to create a potential YouTube channel (nothing Carlton or footy related, more something I have some knowledge about)
From my observations, most video channels or podcasts ramble all over the place and would certainly benefit from a bit of editing.

It's definitely a personal taste thing. (and I was just providing constructive feedback)
I've been filming 'content' for the past 2 years to create a potential YouTube channel (nothing Carlton or footy related, more something I have some knowledge about)
From my observations, most video channels or podcasts ramble all over the place and would certainly benefit from a bit of editing.
Yeah, it's not the total run-time that's an issue (although, I think there's a big difference between podcasts and videos), it's the waffle.
It should be relatively concise.
I gave the Prendacast a go a year or two ago. The eps are like 3 hours long, but maybe on half of it is worth listening to.

I think the next couple of weeks will really show us and the media how real deal we are. We now know we've had a heavy training block that included 2 very hot pre-season games, a muggy round 0 and concluded with a traditional rival in the Richmond game. Now we have 2 weeks to freshen up and prepare to tackle the season.

I think the next couple of weeks will really show us and the media how real deal we are. We now know we've had a heavy training block that included 2 very hot pre-season games, a muggy round 0 and concluded with a traditional rival in the Richmond game. Now we have 2 weeks to freshen up and prepare to tackle the season.

First huge test is against GWS in Round 6.

Norf are Norf, Fremantle is in Adelaide and Adelaide is at Marvel Stadium.

the defining part of the season will be the block of games against all the contenders - bank the wins early is really important this will be a close run comp this year
Definitely. 8 point games. We did really well winning those games last season. Taking the 4 points while making sure those teams around us banked 0 that week.

The Bye has actually come at a really good time. We have some stars getting themselves fit. Comes at the end of "preseason" style training. If we have carried the preseason training format into the first 2 rounds and won these games then this is a really good thing for us to have the bye then a game that's probably not going to be all that tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back