Universal Love Footy Related Things we are still cranky about -

Remove this Banner Ad

Receiving bugger all compensation for losing Jarrad Waite who went on to play a serviceable 60 games and kick 125 goals for NM over 4 years.

Jordan Lewis breaking Cripps jaw with a coward punch.

The worst free kick I’ve ever seen, Round 23 2022.
4th quarter, Jack Silvagni is pushed in the back, and gets a free paid against him, after Cripps has taken a mark to have an easy set shot at goal when we’re well on top. Lose and miss finals by 1 point.

This is very hard to beat. Definitely one of the dumbest frees I have ever seen.

Kerrnihan my fav... Banging it out on the full after the siren back in the 90s...

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was there with my negative miserable ex partner and she predicted it and made me angry then it happened. She is a nice person but we always argued at the footy. Sticks moved the earth that last quarter, single handedly nearly won the game for us, especially that last mark against several filthy bombers. I was up out of my seat and she was sitting back saying he will kick it out on the full, look at him he's buggered, he is too tired to make this kick.
At least we had a laugh about it a few times afterwards.

Milburn hit I thought he was going to get killed by the crowd, we were in the legend stand right behind the bench where people were banging on the roof of the bench shelter. But it also brings back good memories of how amazingly good the atmosphere was at that place. New people now who never experienced that place don't understand what a fortress it was.
Drinking in the social club bar behind the goals, blues getting smashed for the first half, still drinking at start of 3rd quarter, I swear it was 2 weeks in a row goals straight from centre bounce hitout from Dominator then Jimmy Buckley, as soon as we got the first goal someone in the bar yelled out IT'S ON!
And the bar emptied in like 5 seconds everyone straight back to their reserve seats and so pumped up cheering.

Also 2 games against Melbourne at the G 2 years in a row, first one we were miles in front and demons coming back, last quarter went for about 40 minutes and they wouldn't blow the siren until Melbourne got in front. Then the next year it was reversed, blues were behind by miles but coming back, got within a point at about 22 minutes into the last quarter, then the siren went off at 22 minutes. Swear it was rigged and the time keeper was on the Melbourne payroll for their home games back then and no countdown clock back then so nobody could prove anything.

Last edited:
There's probably been worse moments, but i was at the game where Diesel got reported for touching the umpire after the game. I'm pretty sure it was and still is, the longest suspension handed out for that particular offense. Ended up being his last season, but at least he got a little revenge in the return game later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having my mint condition Datsun 240k keyed by some arse hole Adelaide supporter when it was parked outside footy Park West Lakes circa 1991.

Have SA plates and Carlton gear on my car so not much different here. Constantly get told to go back to Victoria. Mainly from Power supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back