Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Aug 20, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
IMG_0628.jpeg

Here we go again. MCG. Massive crowd. Both teams coming off a disappointing result.

131 wins to 129. We need to get another one back here.

At least we’ve had a look at how Collingwood will play. Geelong’s model is basically the same only more effective this year.

They will try to break even in the contest and burn us on the rebound. We will monster them in the middle and expect Harry and Charlie get the upper hand.

Their started midfield is A+. Daicos, De Goey and Pendlebury is all class. But their depth is suspect.

Get Cez back and we are looking at Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cez and Kennedy. We will win the clearances, no doubt,

Their small forwards loom as a problem with Saad still missing. Elliott, Hill, McGreery all pose a threat. Mihocek is elusive and makes good position.

They have potential to cut us up if they get enough supply.

More pressure forward if we don’t mark up forward and through the centre/wings is essential.

They are 10pc off last year and we are 10pc better. We can win turnover and contest.

Our territory dominance through the midfield will ultimately wear them down. Expect a 4-5 goal win.

Suspect Cottrell will go back to a wing with Cerra coming back in. O Hollands and Carroll both under pressure.

Ins: Cerra, McGovern, Fantasia

Out: Binns, Cowan, Owies

Last edited:

In: Gov (though he might need another week), Cerra, Cunners

Out: Young, Carroll, Binns

I’d keep Owies and Durdin. Durds should have kicked two, maybe three. He’s certainly getting more of the ball.

Wouldn’t bring back Fantasia.

Ollie just survives. But I’d play him as the sub.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'Next Man Up' theory also includes replacing those who are dropped, not just who may be injured. At least two, minimum, of the current team need to be dropped and that's O'Hollands and C Durdin...

Side I would pick

B: Boyd S.Durdin Weitering
HB: Cincotta Kemp Newman
C: Acres Cripps Kennedy
HF: Elijah McKay Cottrell
F: Curnow TDK Williams
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
Int: Cerra Cowan C.Durdin Fantasia
Durdin has not played VFL in weeks and Collingwood’s main forward danger is small forwards.
Unlikely he plays unless Weitering is unavailable IMO. McGovern will be back this week or next.

The 'Next Man Up' theory also includes replacing those who are dropped, not just who may be injured. At least two, minimum, of the current team need to be dropped and that's O'Hollands and C Durdin...
Cowan was exposed also. Unlikely to keep his spot once McGovern is ready - hopefully this week.

Side I would pick

B: Boyd S.Durdin Weitering
HB: Cincotta Kemp Newman
C: Acres Cripps Kennedy
HF: Elijah McKay Cottrell
F: Curnow TDK Williams
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
Int: Cerra Cowan C.Durdin Fantasia
Durdin needs a run in the reserves, he has not got alot of runs on the board.
1 senior game in two years and 3-4 since 2020.
Not sure on what basis he can be a call up barring injuries, let's see some quality performances in the 2's.

Kennedy does not deserve to be dropped, but given Cez is an automatic in we need to make some tough calls and we have been exposed badly by oppo spread and playing all of Kennedy, Cripps, Hewitt and Cez plus the 3 tall forwards makes us a little one paced for mine so I’d go:

In: Fantasia, Cez

Outs: Binns Bot

Kennedy to Sub

If we play 3 big tall forwards we need to make sure they are supported by smalls on the deck who apply good pressure and whilst Fantasia was not a big out in terms of his pure numbers this year his out caused issues with our balance IMO.

McGovern most likely another week.

I’d keep playing Cowan. Great experience for him today and he will get better.
I don’t get how he gets a game ahead of Cincotta. Maybe one day. Plenty of games for experience for him but I wouldn’t say next week is one for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back