Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Durdin needs a run in the reserves, he has not got alot of runs on the board.
1 senior game in two years and 3-4 since 2020.
Not sure on what basis he can be a call up barring injuries, let's see some quality performances in the 2's.

The basis is Young not being up to it.

Durdin is an old style defence first full back. His only issue is staying on the park but as far as we know he is fit right now. Unsure what Young is at the moment but it doesn't involve much defending. Against the Pies we might stick with Young for his mobility but he is not good enough if we want to go all the way. Had 0 for Cameron today.

Durdin is an old style defence first full back. His only issue is staying on the park but as far as we know he is fit right now. Unsure what Young is at the moment but it doesn't involve much defending. Against the Pies we might stick with Young for his mobility but he is not good enough if we want to go all the way. Had 0 for Cameron today.

Durdin hasn’t missed a beat all pre season, played all match sims etc and as soon as he’s available he’s named an emergency. He’s close

FB Newman - Weitering - Cowan
HB Williams - Kemp - Boyd

C Acres - Cripps - EHollands
OB Pittonet - Hewett - Walsh

HF Cottrell - McKay - Cuningham
FF Durdin - CCurnow - Fantasia

Interchange
De Koning, Cerra, Kennedy & Cincotta

Sub
OHollands

Cerra replaces Carroll
Cuningham replaces Binns
Fantasia replaces Owies
Cincotta replaces Young

Durdin & Young not much between the two.
A few on here overrate Durdin he needs some games to justify a call up.
Young was not the difference between winning & losing today, he is our best depth defender, if fit Marchbank & McGovern are ahead of both.

Durdin & Young not much between the two.
A few on here overrate Durdin he needs some games to justify a call up.
Young was not the difference between winning & losing today, he is our best depth defender, if fit Marchbank & McGovern are ahead of both.

I think Durdin is the better and safer player, would agree there isn't much between the two at their best but Young has only ever really played 2 months of good football in defence. Durdin has always been fine at the level and injury is the only thing that has held him back from having a decent career.

Neither are best 22. If Gov or Marchy are fit next week they aren't a factor.

I think Durdin is the better and safer player, would agree there isn't much between the two at their best but Young has only ever really played 2 months of good football in defence. Durdin has always been fine at the level and injury is the only thing that has held him back from having a decent career.

Neither are best 22. If Gov or Marchy are fit next week they aren't a factor.

IMO Durdin is a way better player for many reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Durdin is a way better player for many reasons
Basing this off a few meaningless practice games, need to put forward some facts to support this.
lf he plays some solid VFL games good luck to Durdin getting the opportunity, but Collingwood rely on small forwards so his selection on zero games this year makes no sense.

Basing this off a few meaningless practice games, need to put forward some facts to support this.
lf he plays some solid VFL games good luck to Durdin getting the opportunity, but Collingwood rely on small forwards so his selection on zero games this year makes no sense.

Agree. Sam Durdin isn’t the answer. At least not right now.

Cinc may not be either. But he probably gives us more than Cowan at the moment.

Injuries suck.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be wrong here but maybe team selection ideas might be helped by listening to Voss said in the post-game presser today? Fantasia/Cuningham and Cerra will be selected.

One more week of having to watch Young - I think I might be able to handle it ....but it is a stretch.

Cottrell has gone way way past Durdin/Owies and O Hollands this year - lucky for Carlton we have one 'role' player that has become reliable if not better than that.

Geelong walking the ball out of defense today - was shambolic or watching them find a loose flanker 40 meters on a wing all alone and unmarked- even worse.

Collingwood will be rubbing their hands in glee watching Geelong play a hope the goose rebound long kick game to flanks - rinse and repeat all day and nothing done to fix it...

Team will benefit a lot by having Cerra back in - we are missing Docherty big time.

I quite like the idea of Williams going forward. Yes we need run behind the ball but he hasn’t really been providing that so far this year and he gets exposed like today vs Stengle. He is fast and a reasonable kick however. Cincotta can come in to play back on someone like McCreery or Schultz. Fantasia and Cuningham coming straight back in is probably not ideal but they are both better than Owies and Curdin. Cerra comes in for Carroll who goes to sub. I can’t see Binns getting a full game as he’d get outmuscled like Ollie. I’d rather we push Cottrell onto the wing. I’m assuming no Gov from Vossy’s presser so Young has to play as Surdin couldn't be picked after having not played for so long.

My preferred Round 8 line up would be:
Boyd, Weitering, Kemp
Newman, Young, Cowan
Acres, Cripps, Cottrell
Cuningham, McKay, Kennedy
E Hollands, Curnow, Williams
Pittonet, Walsh, Cerra
TDK, Hewett, Cincotta, Fantasia,
Carroll (sub)
Out: Binns, Curdin, O Hollands, Owies
In: Cerra, Cincotta, Fantasia, Cuningham

Last edited: