Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

Of course he's still developing, that is true.

Has a tank every bit as good as the Hollands' boys too.

Plenty of ticker too from the games I've seen him play in the VFL.
The tank is the biggest thing. Stepping up to AFL, a lot of it is about your ability to do the running. Faster running, longer distance compared to VFL.

He tackles well for his size. His field kicking could be a little better. He's going to be quite small compared to his Geelong opponents. He's also a natural footballer.

He probably lacks the mature body but he has a lot going for him. The run will be important.

Will be interesting to see how we use Binns. Most likely rotating through the wing, with Acres, Ollie and Cottrell, but also played small forward at junior level

Big ground suits him better, where he can stay out of congestion, but as long as he can halve the contest, he should be okay

Good luck young man

View attachment 1972176

Early morning swim to be followed up with a few Camparis and sodas as I watch teh game - my favourite camera rig is ready to make some happy snaps in the meantime.

Expect to lose this one if not - will bask in teh after glow of another surprise.
Have a nice day baggers.
Geez, looks and sounds like a hardship… :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Binns is overdue, still well and truly developing. It's going to be nice to see him rewarded with a game and hopefully he makes the most of it. Going from VFL to playing a top AFL side is a huge step up so he will get a good taste of it.

He was in the VFL team of the year in his first year, yeah it’s a big step up but so is going from U18’s to a senior comp best 22 in one season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I see our best team for 2024 as

Backs - Boyd Weitering Kemp
Backs - Williams McGovern Saad
Wings - O Hollands Cripps Acres
Forwards -E Hollands McKay Martin
Forwards - Durdin Curnow Motlop
Rucks Pitto Cerra Walsh
Int TDK Kennedy Cotts Hewett - Fogarty / Marchbank

Out of todays team I have:

Newman
Owies
Carroll
Cowan
Fantasia
Young

Newman is best 18 all day everyday.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't help wondering what that means for Weitering. I would have thought Sam Durdin would be badly in need of actual football, and that we wouldn't have held him out of the VFL today without good reason...

Touhey isn’t the dasher he used to be.

Geelong fans saying as much on their thread.

Who does Hewitt tag - or is he freed up to help Cripps out?
Na he’s not as quick as he used to be but he’s a good user and great kick and still quick enough to set up. I’d say Georgie likely starts on Danger then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back