Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

For any Carlton related stuff that isn't match related, isn't a rumour, a general rant instead of a post match one, or just isn't that important that it needs a dedicated thread, but you just want to put it out there.

Treat this as a Carlton version of our General AFL discussion thread.

Note: It's not for general chit chat that is not Carlton related.

Continued from here:-

"Der "Wayne Russell today on 1116 has listed his top 50.

Has Crippa at 28 :rolleyes:. What a TOOL.

The whole list is laughable actually .
bloke's played the game at the highest level at 2 clubs, is entrenched in the media and has been for decades, eats, sleeps & drinks afl football - I'll take his call over any biased regular fan regardless that fan has the right to an opinion of course - let's see your top 50? you probably won't be insulted for putting it out there............

bloke's played the game at the highest level at 2 clubs, is entrenched in the media and has been for decades, eats, sleeps & drinks afl football - I'll take his call over any biased regular fan regardless that fan has the right to an opinion of course - let's see your top 50? you probably won't be insulted for putting it out there............

Being insulted or bagged is all part of the gig when you are in the media. Love em or loth em , that's how it goes.

I'm not getting paid for opinions or putting together lists. But I twill accept the challenge and have a go at MY TOP 50.
Feel free to insult me. ;)

My list is based simply on how I rate a player's ability, impact and to have done it for at least a couple of years.
Or if I was picking them lined up against the shelter sheds at lunch time in school.:D

M. Gawn A.Saad
M.Bontempelli R.Marshall
P. Cripps Z.Butters
C.Oliver TLiberatore
J.Cameron T.Miller
D.Moore Tom Green
C.Pertracca H.Andrews
C.Curnow E.Gulden
Toby Greene J.Sinclair
D.Martin J.Daicos
S.Bolton J.Kelly
T.Stewart C.Sarong
L.Neal N.Anderson
S.Walsh A.Cerra
N.Daicos C.Warner
C.Rozee S.Darcy
H.McLuggage I.Heeney
J.Weitering T.Hawkins
J.Sicily N.Larkey
T.English J.Lloyd
J.Dawson A.Brayshaw
P.Dangerfield S.Coniglio
J. Degoey J.Lucosious
S.May J.McRae
L.Ryan J.Dunkley

For some reason came out funny. A Saad is start of second row. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Being insulted or bagged is all part of the gig when you are in the media. Love em or loth em , that's how it goes.

I'm not getting paid for opinions or putting together lists. But I twill accept the challenge and have a go at MY TOP 50.
Feel free to insult me. ;)

My list is based simply on how I rate a player's ability, impact and to have done it for at least a couple of years.
Or if I was picking them lined up against the shelter sheds at lunch time in school.:D

M. Gawn A.Saad
M.Bontempelli R.Marshall
P. Cripps Z.Butters
C.Oliver TLiberatore
J.Cameron T.Miller
D.Moore Tom Green
C.Pertracca H.Andrews
C.Curnow E.Gulden
Toby Greene J.Sinclair
D.Martin J.Daicos
S.Bolton J.Kelly
T.Stewart C.Sarong
L.Neal N.Anderson
S.Walsh A.Cerra
N.Daicos C.Warner
C.Rozee S.Darcy
H.McLuggage I.Heeney
J.Weitering T.Hawkins
J.Sicily N.Larkey
T.English J.Lloyd
J.Dawson A.Brayshaw
P.Dangerfield S.Coniglio
J. Degoey J.Lucosious
S.May J.McRae
L.Ryan J.Dunkley

For some reason came out funny. A Saad is start of second row. :thumbsu:
that's how it goes? seriously - like it's mandatory, you have no choice? someone in the media disagrees with you so you have to insult their intelligence? I had no idea........

ps:even the most biased carlton supporter might look askance at cripps at number 3...........but that's your right............

pps: you have completely changed the parameter of russell's original list............

Russell’s list is based on who he believes will be the most influential players in the competition by the end of the 2024 season.
The former Port Adelaide and Geelong star put together his Top 50 in October 2023 from a draft point of view and has since restructured his list.

sort of makes a comparison pointless.......

and I did all that without questioning your intelligence or insulting you - see? easy...........

that's how it goes? seriously - like it's mandatory, you have no choice? someone in the media disagrees with you so you have to insult their intelligence? I had no idea........

ps:even the most biased carlton supporter might look askance at cripps at number 3...........but that's your right............

pps: you have completely changed the parameter of russell's original list............

Russell’s list is based on who he believes will be the most influential players in the competition by the end of the 2024 season.
The former Port Adelaide and Geelong star put together his Top 50 in October 2023 from a draft point of view and has since restructured his list.

sort of makes a comparison pointless.......

and I did all that without questioning your intelligence or insulting you - see? easy...........

Dwayne a star?....That is pushing it.

Anyhow it is MY TOP 50, wasn't meant to be a comparison or according to his criteria.
I stated how I chose mine.

In 2022 Crippa won the Brownlow and if not the No.1 player in the comp. then was bloody close.

I don't think he has slid too much since then and may well have a 2024 that puts him right where I have him agian.....Lets hope so.

Dwayne a star?....That is pushing it.

Anyhow it is MY TOP 50, wasn't meant to be a comparison or according to his criteria.
I stated how I chose mine.

In 2022 Crippa won the Brownlow and if not the No.1 player in the comp. then was bloody close.

I don't think he has slid too much since then and may well have a 2024 that puts him right where I have him agian.....Lets hope so.
agree on dwayne being a star, far from it I reckon and he'd be the first to say so, but he's no idiot from what I hear when I refuse to listen to him on guessen......

Nothing changes, media has always shared their so called analysis "in the now", not too dissimilar to most supporter base of all clubs

Don't really care how they rate our players or team, will never sway what I see
Hey ,we are all hanging out for footy to start and this is all just a way of filling in the time.

Cursed bloody leap years...........Have to wait one more day. :rolleyes:

a hundred people put up their top 50s..........ain't none gonna be the same - it's the conversations/arguments they trigger that are the interesting aspects of it all..........I have no idea how people even do em...........where do you start? stats? wouldn't think so - I tend to think it's all about the parameters used.........best? best now? best end of season? potential? influential? breakout? best in show? hmmm

a hundred people put up their top 50s..........ain't none gonna be the same - it's the conversations/arguments they trigger that are the interesting aspects of it all..........I have no idea how people even do em...........where do you start? stats? wouldn't think so - I tend to think it's all about the parameters used.........best? best now? best end of season? potential? influential? breakout? best in show? hmmm
Now that's funny.

Thats what I am talking about.

If that is the criteria then Charlie would have to be very hard to beat in the best rooster category. Lovely plumage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best hat.

The salty sore loser supporters will have their outlet back to vent their frustrations at the cheating opponents and those biased white maggots.

And where the winners can have a little gloat:

Last edited:
Yes he’s giving his fellow morons and salty sore loser supporters an outlet to vent their frustrations at the cheating opponents and those biased white maggots.

Looking forward to his 'Ring up and tell us why you hate Carlton' segment !! (I'm not joking - this was a genuine segment he had one night).

Looking forward to his 'Ring up and tell us why you hate Carlton' segment !! (I'm not joking - this was a genuine segment he had one night).
When you've spent so much time in the Animal Enclosure watching St Kilda embarrass themselves, you tend to get a bit defensive. I love his raw passion and brutal assessments.

He’s right up there with 3AW’s Keith McGowan as another salty radio St Kilda moron who hated Carlton.

Your line was: “But he’s dead”

My line was: “I hadn’t noticed”.

:p:p:p:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back