CHUCKY4

Senior List
Aug 5, 2007
Thurgoona
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Balldale Magpies
Noticed on the NSW-ACT forum a poll how both the leagues would fare against each other in an inter league game. Anyone's thoughts?:confused:

under 17s best side i believe is

full backs:B Walker (howlong) A Thewthorn (holbrook) J Smith (billabong)

half backs: T Pargeter (howlong) Z Sheather (lockhart) A Mannes (coleambally)

Centres: D Hore (henty) D Bloomfeild (Osborne) S Schulz (culcauin)

Half forwards:C Smith (CDHBU) J Mcallum (henty) N Rhodes (CDHBU)

Full forwards:S Williams (Hollbrook) N Finlayson (Culcauin) S Pierpoint (Jindera)

Folls:B Klemke ( henty) T Alexander (lockhart) T O'connell (Osborne)

Inter:T Hounsell (lockhart) H Filliponi (CDHBU) N Ianson (rand tigers) D Singe (henty)

if all these players make there self availible hume will win

GO HUME

Full forwards:S Williams (Hollbrook) N Finlayson (Culcauin) S Pierpoint (Jindera)

Inter:T Hounsell (lockhart) H Filliponi (CDHBU) N Ianson (rand tigers) D Singe (henty)

GO HUME

Bunch of *******s

The two leagues play very contrasting styles,Hume league is fast and open,whereas the Tallangatta league is more robust and Physical.The weather conditions on Friday should give the Tallangatta league a slight
edge but I would consider the Hume league would go with heavy rotations
and quite a few in and under Players to offset any disadvantage.
The result will probably hinge on the back six in each league and the run
each unit will provide to the midfield.It wont be a high scoring game so I hope the Leagues can find a sponsor to have new Balls at the start of each quarter and this will definitely make it an interesting contest,giving the Forwards the opportuntiy to score early in each quarter.
Result........................who knows?:thumbsu:

The two leagues play very contrasting styles,Hume league is fast and open,whereas the Tallangatta league is more robust and Physical.The weather conditions on Friday should give the Tallangatta league a slight
edge but I would consider the Hume league would go with heavy rotations
and quite a few in and under Players to offset any disadvantage.
The result will probably hinge on the back six in each league and the run
each unit will provide to the midfield.It wont be a high scoring game so I hope the Leagues can find a sponsor to have new Balls at the start of each quarter and this will definitely make it an interesting contest,giving the Forwards the opportuntiy to score early in each quarter.
Result........................who knows?:thumbsu:

Well said Smart Fox, couldn't agree more.

With a wet night predicted on Friday night i'm predicting the TDFL boys in an easy victory. Anyone else's thoughts???

The quality of the Hume players i think far outweighs that of th TDFL. However the smaller ground will suit the TDFL.
It will also depends on how the hume league players handle the physical pressure that the TDFL will no doubt apply. But i think the experiance of the older players in the Hume league should pull them through.
Hume League by 6 goals:eek:

Some very interesting comments but it would seem that the Hume league may
have erred slightly by picking Barnes and Castles.From what I have seen neither of these players perform well in wet sticky conditions and tend to work only one way,this may give the TFL backline the necessary run and carry
to deliver the ball through the middle.The two players in question must not be
Wallflowers tonight and exert pressure on the ball carriers when the Ball hits the Ground.Time to stand up and contribute Boys,your efforts will definitely
make a big difference to the Result,it will be a lowscoring game and creating
Stopages up forward by taking strong marks on the Chest will be paramount.
Barnsy play out of the Square, Trent play up the ground and let the Smaller forwards play in behind,Mckimme and Cooper like space to move in.
Hume by 4points.:footy::thumbsu:

GO HUME
adam mannes(gueedo) has never played a game of footy in the backline in his life, but the blokes still a star lol

adam mannes(gueedo) has never played a game of footy in the backline in his life, but the blokes still a star lol

Todd Clark should be classified as one of the "elite" rebounding defenders in the modern history of football, it is disgusting to think a player of his capabilities can not get a run in a team that has sped's like Adam Mannes in it, go back to gggm you hack!

Todd Clark should be classified as one of the "elite" rebounding defenders in the modern history of football, it is disgusting to think a player of his capabilities can not get a run in a team that has sped's like Adam Mannes in it, go back to gggm you hack!

to think that players such as justin koschitscke, adam schneider and adam mannes can run through a country league like hume just shows how much talent can come from this league and how this is seen as a highly respected footballing community, it is just disappointing when you lose stars too other leagues and they do not perform to their capabilities and be brought downlower standards such as w***ers like jacob guthrie jk

After reading the 2 sides in today's paper I think Hume will win but only just. If both leagues had every player available I'd back the Hume in a canter. Hume by 10 points in this one:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back