Review Round 8 vs Sydney, SCG, Saturday 7th May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine up the ground is such a better look. Got the speed and skills we have been desperately needing when he can just get more involved.

Great work wrestling momentum back after that poor start to the second. Is it just me or we are very similar to Sydney except we have a genuine ruckman and our Buddy (King) isn’t playing? Otherwise there’s some pretty close comparisons across the ground.

No reason our brand of football can’t see us win more than we lose if we stick to it.

Our game to lose from here - swans will come out firing!

Miller is very quiet. Good to see our midfield is matching Sydney without him firing though. Hopefully he can get on top in the second half and give us even more power.

Bloody hell Ranks is playing alright.
He always could, but he's not played where it suits him.

Anyone else notice the first 10 minutes were crap because Dew, once again put plodders in the middle?
To his credit, Weller went back to centre half back / mid , Ellis back to wing, Rankine to outside mid / wing and luko alternating between chb and chf

All of a sudden - run and targets aplenty.

Hopefully Dew keeps the pace and momentum and doesn't try to 'grind' it out. Take it to Sydney - they are painfully slow through the middle with the exception of Warner.
Hopefully they keep Heeney forward too - put Heeney in the centre and we are in trouble, especially if Callum Mills wakes up (great job by Touk to run with Mills, and then break off)

We can win this.

It was good to see us respond and counter with some goals after they hit some. Felt like we lost the midfield battle that quarter, yet still maintained the margin. We can't rely on them turning it over like they have been all the time, though. Miller and Rowell were very down.

Izak relishing the fact that their best small defender isn't on him. Rampe is on Rosas a lot for some reason. Might be so that he can leave and drift in.

I wonder if that match-up will change after half-time.

Still very much struggling to transition out of the D50. Virtually no run and overlap whatsoever.

Levi is no-where today, but I guess that's the reality of what we get with him. Great some weeks, not present in others.

Budarick is doing everything right except for some of his decisions and some skills, but he's slowly getting better.

The Luko match-up isn't ideal when he goes forward.

Ok
I’ve been following this Club since it was an U17 team
I now feel like I’m in George Constanza opposite world
We do not and never have put goals on opposition teams in red time
The natural law of football is opposing teams score heavily against us in red time
Where are my Suns and what have you done with them??
Of course I’m fully expecting normal transmission to resume after the break

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes a mistake everytime he gets the ball or goes near it.
Twice he was released into space with no-one on him, streaming forward, first kick a direct turn-over, the other ran too far, another turn-over. Just seems to be completely unsure of what to do.

We can't be carrying guys like this in the team. Inevitably they will get the football in critical conditions and just panic.

TM needs to break his hard alternating tag

Heeney into Midfield has done as predicted and Warner is playing really well - cutting us up.

Luko - doesn't look good.

Keep attacking down the middle....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back