Preview Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Friday 26 April, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think he is at least as big as Battle, and testimony to his ‘hulking power’ if you like, is the ross the Pot putting him for part-time ruck duties!! But…you could easily counter that by saying, ‘yep, Ross puts him in the ruck because he’d be too much of a liability to sub for Battle as a back and have Josh in the ruck part-time, which if I recall, happened to Josh under the early Richo-Ratts regime.

I don't think there is a lot of support around here for Owens as a relief ruckman.

Only coz I'm bored.

Team 23.

B. Wilkie Howard Bonner

H.B. NWM Battle Sinclair

C. Garcia Ross Hill

H.F. Owens King Wilson

F. Hayes Membrey Higgins

Foll. Marshall Steele Windhager

I/C. Byrnes, Collard, Sharman, Stocker, Jones-sub

Ins. Collard, Hayes, Howard, King

Outs. Butler, Caminiti, Cordy, Phillipou

With Dow & Wood the next available, Jones, Sharman & Stocker, need to lift in particular.

Last edited:
He said the injuries are tendon injuries when discussing the long term ones and address that Butler was a cause and effect injury from pre seasons surgery and loading him up.
What more can he say?
He takes full blame for last weeks gameplan and spoke about reviewing and showing the boys what our best football has looked like.
He clearly identifies how young our sides are week on week this year. He has literally walked through the fans what our issues are on any given week.
Not sure what else you want him to say.

Again I call bullsh*t.

Lyon has made the same player injury management errors his entire coaching career and it seems all his deciples just follow along completely ignorant to what's re-occurring. Butler is the classic example, because he is a senior player he comes straight back in and it was blatantly obvious that his fitness/game readiness were no where near prepared for AFL footy. Yet he is continued to be played until he tears a bad hamstring and then Lyon wants to blame his lack of a preseason ffs. Well take some responsibility and make some changes dufus!

Lyon played Butler when he was not ready and when re-injured wants to blame his lack of preparation? The guy is either a complete megalomaniac or stupid, which is it?

This is just not a one off its being going on the entire 15 of years he has been coach. He is the head coach and over sees all things football and his player injury and load management is something out of the 80's it's putrid. Does anyone remember Luke Ball?

Last edited:

If you travelled home all the way from Canberra 5 days earlier, the pissy little plane flight didn't affect you at Marvel on thursday.
The Canberra flight is more of a pain in the arse than Sydney, that’s for sure. Assuming they travel of the Link service.

It’s still a change to routine though.

Funny how much outrage pointing that out seems to cause! LOL.

RTB is becoming a bloody politician speaking in riddles. He quotes all the fluffy coaching terms and stats but says nothing really.

Why doesn't he address that we have started both years with a huge injury list?

Why would a coach be trying to tweak a game plan when we have 1/3 of the team out?

Address how he is going to match Port's midfield?

The question re Benell and drug use was ordinary jounalism.

I used to enjoy his media releases but more recently he has become self serving politician.
More marketing and corporate buzzwords than a polly.

"Dived into the education space."
"They're pretty vibrant, cause we're solutions focused."
"If you really drill in, we're inconsistent."

48Caminos05_500x291-SP.jpg

He needs to work more of these in - synergy, actionable, disruptor, pain points, KPI's, big data, footballing personas

I don't think there is a lot of support around here for Owens as a relief ruckman.
Fair call, but I venture to say, the O gets the gig because of his leap. On the other hand, the player with lowest measured leap on our list was (back a few years to be fair) , Josh Battle.

I think Battle gets outpointed positionally a lot and he doesn’t jump. On the other hand, with a ball coming in at head height, he’s a powerhouse, but then so is Owens. But for kicking, yep, Josh is a nice kick. I think Battle is barely a KPP though, and if we are to be competitive at the top, we will need more. As a stray back pocket he’s great.

Fair call, but I venture to say, the O gets the gig because of his leap. On the other hand, the player with lowest measured leap on our list was (back a few years to be fair) , Josh Battle.

I think Battle gets outpointed positionally a lot and he doesn’t jump. On the other hand, with a ball coming in at head height, he’s a powerhouse, but then so is Owens. But for kicking, yep, Josh is a nice kick. I think Battle is barely a KPP though, and if we are to be competitive at the top, we will need more. As a stray back pocket he’s great.

I don't agree that Battle gets outpointed positionally a lot. I think, at worst, he's at league average.

Again I call bullsh*t.

Lyon has made the same player injury management errors his entire coaching career and it seems all his deciples just follow along completely ignorant to what's re-occurring. Butler is the classic example, because he is a senior player he comes straight back in and it was blatantly obvious that his fitness/game readiness were no where near prepared for AFL footy. Yet he is continued to be played until he tears a bad hamstring and then Lyon wants to blame his lack of a preseason ffs. Well take some responsibility and make some changes dufus!

Lyon played Butler when he was not ready and when re-injured wants to blame his lack of preparation? The guy is either a complete megalomaniac or stupid, which is it?

This is just not a one off its being going on the entire 15 of years he has been coach. He is the head coach and over sees all things football and his player injury and load management is something out of the 80's it's putrid.
Honestly with Butler crouch and Jones I think Ross only rushed them buck because of all the other injuries we had. In an ideal world I think he would have let each get more vfl fitness and brought them in as a sub. It was either a 70% butler or collard and with so many youngsters already in the team I think he wanted the balance with another more mature player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again I call bullsh*t.

This is just not a one off its being going on the entire 15 of years he has been coach. He is the head coach and over sees all things football and his player injury and load management is something out of the 80's it's putrid.
Agree certain players are brought back too early only to break down again or have little or no impact:

Steele last year, Butler, Crouch, Jones this year.

Again I call bullsh*t.

More marketing and corporate buzzwords than a polly.

"Dived into the education space."
"They're pretty vibrant, cause we're solutions focused."
"If you really drill in, we're inconsistent."

48Caminos05_500x291-SP.jpg

He needs to work more of these in - synergy, actionable, disruptor, pain points, KPI's, big data, footballing personas
sci-fi signs GIF

Unless a minor miracle, we’ll be well beaten in the midfield again.

• We will long bomb the ball from anywhere pass the centre for very little return
  • Port will carve us up on rebound and score freely
  • Due to our inability to transition the ball back to front, the game will be played entirely in Port’s forward line for at least half a game.

I wish it isn’t so, but ….

Unless a minor miracle, we’ll be well beaten in the midfield again.

• We will long bomb the ball from anywhere pass the centre for very little return
  • Port will carve us up on rebound and score freely
  • Due to our inability to transition the ball back to front, the game will be played entirely in Port’s forward line for at least half a game.

I wish it isn’t so, but ….

This isn't really our issue, we are very highly ranked on scoring from chains that originate from half back. (44 points per game vs 33 comp average)

We cannot score in any other way at all, that's been the problem.

Only coz I'm bored.

Team 23.

B. Wilkie Howard Bonner

H.B. NWM Battle Sinclair

C. Garcia Ross Hill

H.F. Owens King Wilson

F. Hayes Membrey Higgins

Foll. Marshall Steele Windhager

I/C. Byrnes, Collard, Sharman, Stocker, Jones-sub

Ins. Collard, Hayes, Howard, King

Outs. Butler, Caminiti, Cordy, Phillipou

With Dow & Wood the next available, Jones, Sharman & Stocker, need to lift in particular.

Nice.
I notice you don’t mention Tim Membrey needs to lift. I guess that means, we accept he is doing his best.

Actually hasn't ever settled as a small forward despite being similar to Bobby Hill in his draft year. He came good at Freo on a wing. Was getting regularly 30 plus possessions as an outside runner.
Small forward is very different to high half forward. Henry is more suited to the Hill role of last year as high half forward than to a Butler crumbing role.

Also, if Henry played true wing, he'd have to support our defence and we wouldn't have him forward of centre. He was good in that role for Freo, but that was because of their game style that requires a lot of switching and he was always on the end of them - hence the high accumulation of disposals.

Wings: Hill, Wilson, Wood

We don't need Henry to play on a wing when hes so effective forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back