Preview Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Friday 26 April, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I should roll up to Parliament House to have a chat with Albo about my issues?

Head to Silicon Valley to chat with Woz about the iPhone.

Can you see how silly it looks?
And do either give their time freely to fans the way Ross is willing too?

See how’s it’s different?

It’s easy to act the hero behind the keyboard and then constantly zero in on posters who have no issues with the guy.

Grow a pair and go down to Linton st and tell the bloke your issues. If you can deliver a fair and reasonable footy argument. He is happy to chat about it.

Suppose that’s that issue here as most cant actually articulate a genuine argument against the bloke other then you don’t like his style of play or he doesn’t say the things you want him too.

Are you telling people to go punch on with Rosco?

I'd like to see us tinker with the forward line this week. Bring in King Hayes and Collard and try Nasiah up there. Hammer and Sharman back to the 2s to find consistent form. Need some manic pressure up forward too.

I bet you wouldn't go down to Moorabbin and tinkle on our forward line champ.

No. I’m telling people to go have a conversation with him about what he can do better.

Explained it enough times.
If some random rolled into my office and told me how to do my job better I’d tell them to **** off and my job could be done by a moron.

I’m sure ross is perfectly happy to “have a chat” with people but he rightfully would tell anyone to **** off if they started telling him how to do his job better.

So it seems maybe discussing it on a forum, designed for discussion might be a better option.

If some random rolled into my office and told me how to do my job better I’d tell them to * off and my job could be done by a moron.

I’m sure ross is perfectly happy to “have a chat” with people but he rightfully would tell anyone to * off if they started telling him how to do his job better.

So it seems maybe discussing it on a forum, designed for discussion might be a better option.
'Have a chat' is usually the hat wearing track watchers saying something as Ross walks by and Ross saying a vague statement back to them.

The concept any fan can just rock up to training and have an in-depth conversation with the coach about the things he's not doing well is quite hilarious

If some random rolled into my office and told me how to do my job better I’d tell them to * off and my job could be done by a moron.

I’m sure ross is perfectly happy to “have a chat” with people but he rightfully would tell anyone to * off if they started telling him how to do his job better.

The point was that people aren’t discussing anything on the forum. They are talking utter crap about things the coach literally just answered or targeting posters who have said otherwise. Rinse and repeat for a few weeks now.

Thats the crux of the issue.

Seeing as you made the same mistake you lambasted another poster the other night when they jumped into a conversation and not fully understanding the context maybe you need to go back and do just that.

The point was that people aren’t discussing anything on the forum. They are talking utter crap about things the coach literally just answered or targeting posters who have said otherwise. Rinse and repeat for a few weeks now.

Thats the crux of the issue.

Seeing as you made the same mistake you lambasted another poster the other night when they jumped into a conversation and not fully understanding the context maybe you need to go back and do just that.
Lol, rightio mate.

Wasn’t once suggesting everyone had to agree.

You have one poster going on about him not answering a question on injuries…. The same presser he explained why Butler broke down again and why Dow took so long.

You have another quoting the bible and targeting supporters of Ross - in short because we are 2-4.

You can’t debate nor discuss any point with people like that.

So my point stands. Head down to Moorabbin create some form genuine conversation about their gripes and the boss will most likely have a conversation with you about it.
Ross doesn't answer to anyone and never has - you only have to listen to his press conferences to see that , all though he has been better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to Friday night. "There's always next week" is a great optimistic view. It's too early at April to be sh**ty on a whole season.

I like our kids. Bring it on!

Ross doesn't answer to anyone and never has - you only have to listen to his press conferences to see that , all though he has been better.
If you go down to training, he is good for a chat.

That’s all I said.

Never said he is answerable to the average fan

'Have a chat' is usually the hat wearing track watchers saying something as Ross walks by and Ross saying a vague statement back to them.

The concept any fan can just rock up to training and have an in-depth conversation with the coach about the things he's not doing well is quite hilarious
Like i've seen Ross do to the "Brains Trust" :D:D:D

If you go down to training, he is good for a chat.

That’s all I said.

Never said he is answerable to the average fan
The thing is he is the manager and his line coaches and selection committee would be questioning everything - and at the moment listening to the public giving him advice would be the last thing he would want to hear.

I dont think so. Tom Morris reported he was chatting with the condition staff but told everyone he was fine.

Based on these photo, he seems to be managing a knee issue since there is now tape that wasn't present last game.

View attachment 1969688View attachment 1969692
Saw that today at training, Max was also talking to those same 2 dudes, Steele, King and these 2 were all conversing together at one point, max looked sore today and Hammer definitely has an issue with his shoulder but soldiers on.

Ok, so I'll write a few things down and see where I end up. Apologies if I waffle a bit.

Today's training was rough, as evidenced by those soft Brains Trust folk who scattered from their usual position on the fence at the first drop of rain. It actually came down hard for a good 5-10 minutes. But it was too good of an opportunity not to throw out a quick drive by.

We were pretty sloppy today I'm not going to lie, and Ross was not a happy camper for a lot of the simulations. I don't want to go into specific moments or players. But I will say he was quite vocal, pretty demonstrative and made the guys repeat exercises multiple times until they got it right. Today was definitely the definition of a training rocket.

Another to have his angry pants on today was Jack Steele. You've got to think it's a bit of a direction from the leaders at the club to not take any shit today and push the standards.

The pressure and intensity was certainly up from most sessions. Instead of just practising precise kicking, it was precise kicking under pressure. Sounds obvious, but there is clearly a feeling about this week that if we do lose, it won't be from a lack of trying or intensity - hopefully that's just not wishful thinking on my behalf.

So the bibs in match sim went on Matteas, Bonner, Garcia, Cordy, Dow and obviously the ones playing vfl. Not to say anything about selections, but maybe it's a subtle message especially to Matteas.

Howard in the main squad in match sim, man we miss Webster who has been very good at training - I guess no match recovery has him very fresh.

One guy who really impressed me today was Ben Paton. He played as a tagging mid in the sim and did not hold back. Tough and held his own, actually really surprised me how well he went considering how much time he has missed.

I'm a bit impatient with wanting Dow straight in, it's the right call to start him off in the VFL. I don't have to like the idea, but that's why I'm just a supporter. Trained well, starting to work closely with Marshall, its only training but he's looking very clean and accurate by hand and foot.

King probably touch and go, hopefully he gets up. Same old story really, Hugo driving standards in a maniacal way, Hill and Windy among the best trainers. Poor Mitchito really has the weight of the world on his shoulders, you can see he is putting the work in but I'm worried it's not really kicking in yet.

Henry and Crouch putting the work in in their comebacks, there's something about Henry. I can't put my finger on it, but he's just got that something special. Wood with the fluoro, we look so much more capable with him out there though.

Word of warning about Arie, he WILL absolutely make it and he will probably play 200+ games. But he will absolutely frustrate early days, just like Nas has a weapon - he's not always going to pull it off. His football seems immature, which is totally fine for where he is at - we just need to be patient with him.

It's a wait and see now, I don't want to have any expectations. I've expected wins and losses based on what I've seen on the track but in reality, I've decided it's not a great indicator of how they'll go on the weekend.

Last edited:
Ok, so I'll write a few things down and see where I end up. Apologies if I waffle a bit.

Today's training was rough, as evidenced by those soft Brains Trust folk who scattered from their usual position on the fence at the first drop of rain. It actually came down hard for a good 5-10 minutes. But it was too good of an opportunity not to throw out a quick drive by.

We were pretty sloppy today I'm not going to lie, and Ross was not a happy camper for a lot of the simulations. I don't want to go into specific moments or players. But I will say he was quite vocal, pretty demonstrative and made the guys repeat exercises multiple times until the got it right. Today was definitely the definition of a training rocket.

Another to have his angry pants on today was Jack Steele. You've got to think it's a bit of a direction from the leaders at the club to not take any s**t today and push the standards.

The pressure and intensity was certainly up from most sessions. Instead of just practising precise kicking, it was precise kicking under pressure. Sounds obvious, but there is clearly a feeling about this week that if we do lose, it won't be from a lack of trying or intensity - hopefully that's just not wishful thinking on my behalf.

So the bibs in match sim went on Matteas, Bonner, Garcia, Cordy, Dow and obviously the ones playing vfl. Not to say anything about selections, but maybe it's a subtle message especially to Matteas.

Howard in the main squad in match sim, man we miss Webster who has been very good at training - I guess no match recovery has him very fresh.

One guy who really impressed me today was Ben Paton. He played as a tagging mid in the sim and did not hold back. Tough and held his own, actually really surprised me how well he went considering how much time he has missed.

I'm a bit impatient with wanting Dow straight in, it's the right call to start him off in the VFL. I don't have to like the idea, but that's why I'm just a supporter. Trained well, starting to work closely with Marshall, its only training but he's looking very clean and accurate by hand and foot.

King probably touch and go, hopefully he gets up. Same old story really, Hugo driving standards in a maniacal way, Hill and Windy among the best trainers. Poor Mitchito really has the weight of the world on his shoulders, you can see he is putting the work in but I'm worried it's not really kicking in yet.

Henry and Crouch putting the work in in their comebacks, there's something about Henry. I can't put my finger on it, but he's just got that something special. Wood with the fluoro, we look so much more capable with him out there though.

Word of warning about Arie, he WILL absolutely make it and he will probably play 200+ games. But he will absolutely frustrate early days, just like Nas has a weapon - he's not always going to pull it off. His football seems immature, which is totally fine for where he is at - we just need to be patient with him.

It's a wait and see now, I don't want to have any expectations. I've expected wins and losses based on what I've seem on the track but in reality, I've decided it's not a great indicator of how they'll go on the weekend.
Ross certainly was angry today, i heard him utter quite a few F bombs, one time when he stopped play and barked at the players i heard 1 player ask, "what are we supposed to be doing", it was like Ross' message was unclear ?

I'm not sure. i was surprised that they queried Ross considering his lengthy diatribe, if Ross said , 'what don't you understand about "LDL", does anyone know what that means or did i mishear it ?

You sure it wasn’t “LDU”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back