Autopsy Round 7, 2024 : Hawks get pecked by Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway to get a refund on Chol? Surley we had some 1 year warranty on that? 😂
Yeah, maybe we should get Kosi back, right?
cm punk GIF

And basics.... like slipping over.
I play a lot of impact sport in cleats that requires a lot of stop/start action/lateral movement, I just don't get it how professional athletes can slip as much as we do.

I thought the bronx cheers for Chol was embarrassing. Lone tall forward up there and the delivery is absolutely putrid. I can't believe a Sam Mitchell midfield can use the ball so bad. Our best users are all across half back, such as Sicily, Scrimshaw, Amon. Those guys need to be played further up field.

First time trekking to the footy solo in a long time and unfortunately venting to myself just doesn’t cut it.

Incredibly frustrating and just an all round pissweak effort. I can handle getting outplayed, but most players are just going through the motions this year.

Highlight was Buddy at half time and Day’s return. Almost got shit on by a seagull, so that was fun too.

Equal biggest Loss of the whole AFL season (Dogs vs WCE) 76 points.

We have so little faith in each other on the field - constantly 3 players drawn to the opposition player with the ball or 4 players flying for the mark.

At one point in the last I saw 4 players crashed into each other and all end up on the ground. Embarrassing.
Been happening all year. Can we put that down to inexperience?

Sub-par AFL level footy, not acceptable.
Wasn't expecting a win but FMD.

Like i said in the gameday thread bring in bloody Ethan Phillips couldn't make things worse.
Should’ve been in round 1 . Dont care at all what people say about his Box Hill efforts. In for Blanck immediately.

Outclassed, outpaced, and outsmarted at nearly every contest. I think most of our losses can be attributed to our list being significantly poorer than our opposition. Coaching, umpires, effort, isn't the concern for me. We need to find ways to get talent through the door quick smart.

Should’ve been in round 1 . Dont care at all what people say about his Box Hill efforts. In for Blanck immediately.
100%

Some players simple play better with better players around them too. We ain't sure if this is Phillips because we are so pig headed in not picking him!

First time trekking to the footy solo in a long time and unfortunately venting to myself just doesn’t cut it.

Incredibly frustrating and just an all round pissweak effort. I can handle getting outplayed, but most players are just going through the motions this year.

Highlight was Buddy at half time and Day’s return. Almost got s**t on by a seagull, so that was fun too.
I did get shit on.

So it can only get better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The forward line should be embarrassed. Beaten to the ball every single time. Out of position every single time. Late to the contest, or not even arriving, every single time.

The forward line, unfortunately, is awful. The rest of the team can improve, but the forwards are dead set horrid.

Is the selection committee trolling at this point? Some baffling decisions.

Another ruckman/KPP as a sub.
Subbing off a young kid to let Gunston who was nowhere near it play as a half back distributor.
Going in as Chol as the sole KPP and wondering why we can't kick a score when we dominate the I50s.

Gunston. I love you mate. Champion forever but I can't see how we can play him. Offers absolutely nothing on the footy field.

We are North Melbourne bad with Wet toast already getting ahead of us. We will need 3 more drafts to get the talent in we need to get back to the finals, and i am worried that Sam Mitchell might not be the man to get us going forward.
Do we even have a tackle coach, if we dont WTF?
Some very tough decisions at the end of the year needed.

Consistently getting smashed in the tackle count.

We are the softest side in the comp and it's not even close.

Gave up another 50 marks to a side who just outworked us.

At one point in the last we were

+1 inside 50’s.
+6 clearances
+25 contested possessions

70pts behind.

Diabolical ball use.

At least Day got through? Didn’t he?

We lost by 76 points

It just shows how meaningless those stats are!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

When a team has more than 70 disposals than you, that’s work rate, that’s effort.
Yes I get that they (Sydney) are more experienced, better skilled etc, all that crap.
But when you lose the possession count like that, you’re not trying hard enough.
You might be overrun eventually by a more skilled, experienced side, but you can at least die trying.
We didn’t do that and as a proud hawk man, that really shits me.

At one point in the last we were

+1 inside 50’s.
+6 clearances
+25 contested possessions

70pts behind.

Diabolical ball use.

At least Day got through? Didn’t he?

This.

We just cannot use the ball effectively, and then good opposition with clean skills like swannies just slice and dice us up.

Damn frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back