Autopsy Round 21 v Hawthorn @ The Apple Isle - August 6th 01:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel free to uppercut me guys.
But is it just me or at the same stage of careers is it
Hollands............................................... Rankine.
If Rankine goes and we get a Mid or KPD worthy of a top 5 pick like Elijah in return, take it and run. Izak is magic to watch but not worth anywhere near $800k/yr.

Feel free to uppercut me guys.
But is it just me or at the same stage of careers is it
Hollands............................................... Rankine.

There are a handful of players that can do things around goal (where it really really counts) that others will never be able to do, no matter how hard they work and how much experience they get.

Starting to see this year just how valuable that can be.
If Rankine has a real impact we are in that game up to our eyeballs, no matter who we are playing.

The Bulldogs have more A grade mids than they know what to do with.
What would a player like Rankine do for them?

I want to say one thing… how good is Touk!
Tagged to minimal impact. But instead of just accepting the loss he kept toiling away. Still got his 21 disposals.. most of which were heavily contested.

A lesser player would have given up and ended up with three disposals.. (hello Aaron Hall)
Touk laid 13 tackles, 10 were effective.

Zac Merrett also tagged in the GWS game after his big flat track game against North only laid 3 tackles, only 1 effective.

And in "victoria" Zac merrett is suppose to be elite.

I didn't mind MacPherson, had a few errors but he interrupted their forward thrusts a couple of times. Certainly better than previous weeks. That said, he should definitely not be playing in an ideal world.
Nobody can fault his effort in most games, but his execution doesn’t suit us anymore. He can tackle well for his size and seems to be in the right spots, but just can’t execute his kicks enough and his mistakes are noticeable because him strengths aren’t as apparent.

He does get under a few opposition players skin though.

He got his $$$ extension in the year where we were just a stoppage, contested team that went from stoppage to stoppage, which he thrived in (3rd in the Best and Fairest). We have (at least in general) tried to move beyond that style. Don’t mind him as a sub for his energy though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back