Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Football-Article-18.png

TRAP GAME TRAP GAME TRAP GAME

We play like last week v lions, we win. We play like today v Eagles, we get beaten by lots
Very true. Which Suns outfit shows up in The Apple Isle?

Also, due to the fact that we play before anyone else around us on the ladder next week, a W against the Hawks would mean we'll be just one win behind the 8th placed Saints. Let's heap the pressure on and see where it takes us!

Koschitzke also got hurt yesterday. The Hawks will probably be running really thin in terms of key forward stocks.
That would suit our thin (or just out of form) key defender stocks.

As always if our mids stay on top, our forwards can win the game with some serious firepower. But we can’t keep leaking scores in defence, especially in bursts of 3-4 goals at a time...

Nice little homecoming for Casboult in what could be his farewell season. Levi was born in Hobart and spent the first 15 years of his life in The Apple Isle so let's hope he's motivated to put on a show in what will likely be his last ever game in his home state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that play in our favour? I know we gave Fremantle a pumping when we played them in the rain and we've got a few guys like Chol and Rankine who seem to play well in the wet.
Yeah I think we are suited to wet conditions. Miller, Rowell,Anderson and swallow as a midfield is pretty good for a wet game.

In- Bowes, Moyle, Burgess
Out- Witts(Rest), Oea, Farrar

B- Andrew Collins Lemmens
HB- Markov Graham Lukosisus
C- Sharp Anderson Bowes
HF- Rankine Chol Ainsworth
F- Holman Casboult Rosas
FOLL- Moyle Rowell Miller
I/C- Hollands, Swallow, Burgess, MacPherson
Sub- Atkins

In- Bowes, Moyle, Burgess
Out- Witts(Rest), Oea, Farrar

B- Andrew Collins Lemmens
HB- Markov Graham Lukosisus
C- Sharp Anderson Bowes
HF- Rankine Chol Ainsworth
F- Holman Casboult Rosas
FOLL- Moyle Rowell Miller
I/C- Hollands, Swallow, Burgess, MacPherson
Sub- Atkins
Don’t think we’re resting Witts whilst still possible to make finals.

Wow didn’t see Lewis injured.
He had a pretty good second half against us in Darwin so, happy to see he may be put.

Out: macpherson, oea
In: bowes, davies

We're outsiders with the bookies.

Whilst we've definitely not been playing that well - I was a little surprised by that.

Hawthorn aren't particularly good.
They have won recent games against Crows, Eagles, Kangaroos - but otherwise lost to St Kilda, Giants, Bulldogs, Magpies + us over recent weeks.
They're inexperienced with average age just 24 years and 1 month on the weekend (compared with our 24 years and 10 months)

They'll be without their best forward (Lewis - 37 goals this year)
Their best half back in Jiath
Also playing a lot of youngsters and guys that are debatable AFL level players at present.

They didn't have a ruckman last game and we've subsequently had a lot of injuries, but we kicked 18 goals to 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back