Oppo Camp Round 21 Non-Dees Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not officially released but rumour is "smash that (colour) c word"
Initial question was rhetorical. Regardless, apples are ok, Pink Ladies are probably my favourite although I am partial to Granny Smiths from time to time. As for oranges, Valencias are quite unappetising and Navels are far better to eat. I’d prefer cherries anyway.

Initial question was rhetorical. Regardless, apples are ok, Pink Ladies are probably my favourite although I am partial Granny Smiths from time to time. As for oranges, Valencias are quite unappetising and Navels are far better to eat. I’d prefer cherries anyway.
sorry im dumb. i like granny smiths, with u on navels

sorry im dumb. i like granny smiths, with u on navels
Toby Greene should get a medal rather than a suspension for putting that malingering poonce Dangerfield out of the game. The attention seeking flog will probably play next week.

Last edited:

Initial question was rhetorical. Regardless, apples are ok, Pink Ladies are probably my favourite although I am partial to Granny Smiths from time to time. As for oranges, Valencias are quite unappetising and Navels are far better to eat. I’d prefer cherries anyway.
Thumbs up for the 6 weeks then? Seems slightly excessive.

Thumbs up for the 6 weeks then? Seems slightly excessive.
I don’t know what was said. Presumably it was vile, given it was his own club official that reported it and the way he and the club have accepted the penalty. There’s not much transparency in how these penalties are meted out. Monkhorst got mediation after abusing Michael Long and no suspension iirc. Garry Lyon never faced justice for vilifying Chris Lewis on a regular basis. Peter Everitt copped 4 weeks for calling Scott Chisholm a petrol sniffer. Justin Sherman copped 4 for abusing Joel Wilkinson. I reckon many have gotten away with it. I don’t think Walker should be banned for life but the penalty seems probably about right for a racial vilification incident. Equally if he’d gotten 4 I don’t think I’d be jumping up and down about it and demanding two more was necessary. Walker isn’t the victim here.

Really?

I said in Round 1 they were sh*t, it's round 21 now and they're still sh*t.
Calling it now, they'll be sh*t next year too.
I hope there are some talent-spotters for Foxtel lurking these pages because I for one would love to have you as a regular On The Couch. Or wherever

I don’t know what was said. Presumably it was vile, given it was his own club official that reported it and the way he and the club have accepted the penalty. There’s not much transparency in how these penalties are meted out. Monkhorst got mediation after abusing Michael Long and no suspension iirc. Garry Lyon never faced justice for vilifying Chris Lewis on a regular basis. Peter Everitt copped 4 weeks for calling Scott Chisholm a petrol sniffer. Justin Sherman copped 4 for abusing Joel Wilkinson. I reckon many have gotten away with it. I don’t think Walker should be banned for life but the penalty seems probably about right for a racial vilification incident. Equally if he’d gotten 4 I don’t think I’d be jumping up and down about it and demanding two more was necessary. Walker isn’t the victim here.
He’s not the victim but 6 weeks is more than a quarter of the footy season. Does the punishment really fit the crime?

When was the last 6 week suspension, how much damage was done physically? We are talking about someone receiving the same penalty for offending people.

I’m not pro Walker or pro racism or anything like that, but 6 weeks for saying something, it’s pretty extreme in any context.

He’s not the victim but 6 weeks is more than a quarter of the footy season. Does the punishment really fit the crime?

When was the last 6 week suspension, how much damage was done physically? We are talking about someone receiving the same penalty for offending people.

I’m not pro Walker or pro racism or anything like that, but 6 weeks for saying something, it’s pretty extreme in any context.
I disagree that racial vilification is merely offending someone. It can cause significant damage. If we’re going to compare apples with oranges… I would say the AFL has a desire to snuff out racism in the game much like ugly, violent acts such as Hall, Gaff and Bugg. Therefore, penalties will be quite severe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree that racial vilification is merely offending someone. It can cause significant damage. If we’re going to compare apples with oranges… I would say the AFL has a desire to snuff out racism in the game much like ugly, violent acts such as Hall, Gaff and Bugg. Therefore, penalties will be quite severe.
Your apples and oranges analogy, every incident you referred to comparing this incident happened at AFL level during a game.

We are talking about something that was overheard during a reserves game.

I’m also not saying racial vilification is just offending people but in reality what he did was say words. Do you think it’s possible to get suspended for years because of what you said at a reserves game?

You have to admit, it’s an extremely unusual precedent. But racism is bad so let’s not question it, go team.

Your apples and oranges analogy, every incident you referred to comparing this incident happened at AFL level during a game.

We are talking about something that was overheard during a reserves game.

I’m also not saying racial vilification is just offending people but in reality what he did was say words. Do you think it’s possible to get suspended for years because of what you said at a reserves game?

You have to admit, it’s an extremely unusual precedent. But racism is bad so let’s not question it, go team.
I ponder plenty of structural injustices in the world. Why a footballer was suspended for multiple weeks for racial vilification isn’t that mystifying to me though. Each to their own.

Mackay is a pea brain and probably the worst 200 gamer since Anthony Rocca. Great goal though!

Brodie Smith incident was sickening. So glad he’s walking off.

I ponder plenty of structural injustices in the world. Why a footballer was suspended for multiple weeks for racial vilification isn’t that mystifying to me though. Each to their own.
If a player says something racist at Safeway the week before a grand final, do they deserve a 6 week suspension as well?

I’m talking about precedent, I could care less if you are mystified or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back