Review Round 10, 2024 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Dante was absolutely destroyed by Meek and it wasn't until Dixon went into the ruck that we got back in the game.

Needs another 3 years in the gym and plenty of time in the SANFL. Until he can outbody Strachnie he should be playing 2s

He didn’t get destroyed at all.

You just don’t like Visentini. He was very solid in the last quarter in particular

I'm busting to hear someone complain about the incorrect OOF paid against Jase in the dying 2 min that likely changes the outcome ;) Didn't hear it said on the radio call but on vid it clearly hits either his arm or shoulder post the leg. Funny how things turn out, even in a game where there seemed a big reversal in where frees were going in the last quarter. We were well down on that count up until 3qt.

I know I sound like a broken record but how is playing a guy like Burton good for team culture?

JHF and butters in the coal face getting their bodies smashed every week, Burton absolutely allergic to contact or hard efforts.

His effort and application is a disgrace to the guernsey. Don’t care if he’s injured, don’t play if you are going to embarrass yourself for 2 months.

He got whacked.

45 to 29 ho Meeks way
12 to 5 CP
18 to 8 disposals

I have no feeling about Visentini either way, but it was obvious he was going to get monstered in this game.

He did get whacked by those numbers and it is reasonable to think Sweet would've at least got in the way more successfully against a bigger body than the ones Visentini faced last week. Still a great experience for him to get two hard games in a row. Plenty here reasonably complain of Hinkley "playing favourites"/"burning out Dixon in ruck", etc and not giving these development opportunities - a few games in a row - to other young KP types. This time we just get away with it, twice, and we and Daniel confirm pretty much exactly where he is currently at.

Unless you are a moron you'd be pretty happy Karl Amon is now an opposition player in the dying minutes.

Which would never have happened if not for the Jed tackle.

Would it really hurt your ego that much to just give him credit for that single act that was decisive in the result of the game?
I don’t recall you ever criticising him only defending him. Thanks pot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is with so many players doing the shush lately? Just look like knobs and it backfires so often.
It's European soccer stuff that's infiltrated the game.

That's not the only thing taken from the soccer over there and made its home here.

We have head bananas talking about win/loss ratios, coaches praising the opposition before and after games and players behaving all lovey dubby after games.

60%, 70%, 80 and 90% win loss ratio means f**k all if you don't win premierships - this is Aussie rules football, not a association football.

Coaches need to be neutral when talking about the opposition and only mention them when they are asked specific questions. When you win, be neutral, when you lose, be neutral - don't give them a leg up, they are the enemy!

It's the same with players. Before the game, shake the opponent's hand if you have to but with no emotion. At the end of the game, shake the opponent's hand, "well played; good luck for the rest of the season" and that's it! No hugs and kisses and conversations, they are the f***ing enemy, you need to make them apprehensive towards you - they are the f****ng enemy! Get away from the enemy as quickly as you can and go and hug and chat with your team-mates.

You show respect for the opposition on the training track by training as hard and as well as is humanely possible, by doing the right things preparing your body and your mind and come match day, f**k the c****s!

Honestly, in one way, you can't sit there praising last week's win, and then criticise this week's.

Last week was a patch of pure brilliance, surrounded by a major collapse and terrible last half. We drank our own bathwater and totally glossed over the horrendous finish to that game. A week later we started like the millionaires we thought we were after beating Geelong. We continued on the exact same horrible form, as if we learnt ZERO from our fade out. Its always the same in the Hinkley era, we're nowhere near ruthless enough, and the acceptance of mediocrity like that last half against the Cats permeates through so much we do.

So again, we have a massive shit chunk of a game, and a huge part that gets us the win. Honestly, down Wines with no Rozee and with the horrendous selection mistake, which was obvious since Thursday, in picking Visentini, we were in massive trouble 41 down in the wet. So to find a way to pluck that out was probably a better win than the Geelong win. Of course we should never have been in that scenario, but to find a way back while severely hampered was just gigantic.

Either way, hopefully this fluke actually opens our eyes and we actually delve into our faults a bit deeper and stop glossing over them.

Hinkley again had a shocker too. If the bathwater drinking and the horrendous Visentini selection weren't bad enough. The selection of ****ing BZT on the ****ing bench was absolutely comical. What an absolute shit show. To lose a key mid, when you're carrying too much height on the field already, and to be subbing in a defender. I mean that was just disgraceful.

Really I walk away thinking thank **** we fluked it. Our season went from cooked to still on life support in 20 seconds. Well done Butters, well done JHF and well played Houston. A few others contributed like Burgoyne, Mead, Boak, Drew, Farrell, and Dixon was instrumental in turning the tide in the middle when Visentini was basically pulled out, but really not much to write home about amongst the rest. The biggest concern continues to be the wasting of Bergman on a wing, and tonight the poor performance of Georgiades despite the fact they basically let him run around free all night is extremely disappointing.

Zak's last quarter
8 kicks + 9 handballs = 17 - 71% disposal efficiency
7 contested, 10 uncontested
1 mark + 1 tackle
5 centre bounce attendances - 5 clearances
5 stoppage clearances
5 inside 50's
1 rebound 50

Last edited:
I would also like to know why BZT was sub? He’s been playing well, why’s he relegated to sub?
Matchups. The question though is why didn't the coaches have the guts to just drop him for the week and pick a runner for the sub. Absolutely ludicrous that he was sub.

Brian Fairclough deserved a 4 quarter effort.
This franchise is a long way from being the club it was.

Enjoy the 4 points.
Yes, Brian Fairclough deserved a 4 quarter effort but he would have been proud that the players rallied and won when it looked a forlorn possibility.

Brian was a superb fellow and Jack's right hand man. Thank you Brian.

Last week we played very well for 2.85 quarter before letting them get 3 goals from 2.45 minutes to go mark in the 3rd quarter and cut a 6 goal lead to 3 goals and gave them the momentum and Geelong were good for the last 1.15 quarters.

This week it was our turn to be good for only 1.15 quarters. We kicked the last 2 goals of 3rd quarter. Came home like a freight train but still wasted opportunities, as we always do, and kicked 4.6 from 23 x I50's and they had 4 x I50s for 0.1.

That's the way the game rolls some times. Its a game of inches many times in a season.

Dante was absolutely destroyed by Meek and it wasn't until Dixon went into the ruck that we got back in the game.

Needs another 3 years in the gym and plenty of time in the SANFL. Until he can outbody Strachnie he should be playing 2s
He's our third ruckman and was fantastic against Geelong and that effort seemed to really take its toll on a young, immature body. I'm glad we've got him.

We were lucky to get out of jail but we still deserved the win, but we can still acknowledge we played poorly. Statistically the numbers ended up in our favour despite playing poorly. Are we meant to hand hawthorn the points just because we didn’t play well though?

Hawks needed us to play really flipping shit to have any hope in hell and we nearly did that for them but in the end we did just enough to win.

And **** hawthorn anyway, they played for frees and taunted the crowd all game, so they can get a big dog up them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back