Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly simple for this week as Richmond has a small fwd line.

Amiss in and Draper out.
Just go in with a taller Fwd line, see how it goes.

Gotta give Vossy and Simpson another game.

I actually think with a smaller forwardline and no massive big name to go on, it is the perfect game to give Davies a taste

Voss will be an excellent player for us and will be very good depth for a long time, there is no harm in sending him to Peel for a few games. I know we like shiny new toys but we have a set structure which is working this year, let's not heck with it too much imo

I actually think with a smaller forwardline and no massive big name to go on, it is the perfect game to give Davies a taste

Voss will be an excellent player for us and will be very good depth for a long time, there is no harm in sending him to Peel for a few games. I know we like shiny new toys but we have a set structure which is working this year, let's not * with it too much imo
I don't think we will bring Davies in and that's because the Tigers with their small forward line are actually really fast. I suspect we'll bring in Worner or Warner for Draper.

Yes we aren’t at the stage yet to take any team lightly ffs just look at the Eagles game.

We need this Win probably even more than the Sydney game. We have essentially 4 days to prep for Sydney so we are a bigger chance to bank the points this weekend.
Freo have been very consistent this year. Had one off night and it happened to be in a derby. Carlton had one bad arvo and lost to Adelaide. Sydney didn’t have their heads in it and lost to Richmond.
Junk teams turn up every now and then. Freo will put away Richmond. They’re very good on the MCG but this side is well balanced and will win by around 30 points.

Freo have been very consistent this year. Had one off night and it happened to be in a derby. Carlton had one bad arvo and lost to Adelaide. Sydney didn’t have their heads in it and lost to Richmond.
Junk teams turn up every now and then. Freo will put away Richmond. They’re very good on the MCG but this side is well balanced and will win by around 30 points.
All signs point to the Derby performance being an anomaly. Probably a bit of a mental release after the being keyed up in the hub for a couple of weeks. Otherwise, under a range of conditions, we've proved mentally strong (comebacks in game, teams we play lose the next week) and tough to pay.

I hope the Derby game was one they went into thinking it would be an easy kill, were humbled, and now take every opponent as seriously as if they were playing a prelim final.
It's pretty hard to stay up mentally across the long season. You have your ups and downs. Especially younger teams. I think we've shown our hard as bonafides in a pretty good ratio so far though.

I wonder why 2020 was bad for footy? Must have been the shorter quarters - that’s definitely what stopped me from attending.
Yes, it was the shorter quarters

Covid was around for other years and the product was still great

2020 the product was dogshit

I also watch aflw and have been campaigning to get their games extended asap, they are doing it slowly over the years which is frustrating af

AFL website saying Jayden Short will be available for Richmond this week but Balta and Prestia will be another week. Would have preferred Short out as well. Draper is listed as a test for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AFL website saying Jayden Short will be available for Richmond this week but Balta and Prestia will be another week. Would have preferred Short out as well. Draper is listed as a test for us.

Jayden Short to kick 4 goals from outisde 50 this time

He is underdone and is not utilized the same way Hardwick used him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Switta for Johnson? I thought Johnson had some good passages but there was a lot of stuff there for him to go and work on as well. I thought both Emmett and Walters were good.
Not for me. Switta need to earn his spot in the WAFL not happy if he’s an auto in. Taking Simpson out now would be crazy and although Johnson only had 14 there were no stuff ups and was in a tough spot being a target coming out of defence.

Switta is beloved by the match committee - apparently. Simpson had a lot of TOG on Saturday so there will be the temptation to use him as sub again.

Not for me. Switta need to earn his spot in the WAFL not happy if he’s an auto in. Taking Simpson out now would be crazy and although Johnson only had 14 there were no stuff ups and was in a tough spot being a target coming out of defence.

Also Johnson had that 14 in only 60% game time, so pretty much a 20+ disposal game with normal game time

Would like to see Johnson get more of the ball and it was good to see him involved late in the game giving the option- not always getting it.

Johnson's opponents in the last 2 games haven't had much of it either. I don't know whether that's because the ball hasn't been coming out his wing or whether he's playing more defensive. Burgoyne was his opponent against Port and had a bit of an influence for them late in the game with his disposal numbers.

Against West Coast he seemed to be playing on the same wing side as Jayden Hunt who got less of the ball than Johnson did and against the Bulldogs his opponent was Bailey Williams who smashed us in the game last year with 20 plus possessions and 3 goals.

I hope the Derby game was one they went into thinking it would be an easy kill, were humbled, and now take every opponent as seriously as if they were playing a prelim final.
I still think the Derby was more about Eagles than it was us.

They played out of their skins.

Would like to see Johnson get more of the ball and it was good to see him involved late in the game giving the option- not always getting it.

Johnson's opponents in the last 2 games haven't had much of it either. I don't know whether that's because the ball hasn't been coming out his wing or whether he's playing more defensive. Burgoyne was his opponent against Port and had a bit of an influence for them late in the game with his disposal numbers.

Against West Coast he seemed to be playing on the same wing side as Jayden Hunt who got less of the ball than Johnson did and against the Bulldogs his opponent was Bailey Williams who smashed us in the game last year with 20 plus possessions and 3 goals.

I went back and watched the replay with a specific focus on Johnson. He is definitely playing the defensive mid role when rotating into the midfield while the others go to work on extracting the ball.

Damn, one of their best players, was really hoping he would miss

Switta is definitely an automatic inclusion, its easy to forget how much he does for us without the ball.

He is also in the leadership group which IMO shouldn't be an automatic inclusion but its pretty clear that its a play your way out position rather than a play your way in position and as evidenced by JOM, its bloody hard to play your way out...

Switta is definitely an automatic inclusion, its easy to forget how much he does for us without the ball.

He is also in the leadership group which IMO shouldn't be an automatic inclusion but its pretty clear that its a play your way out position rather than a play your way in position and as evidenced by JOM, its bloody hard to play your way out...
Switkowski is averaging 6.6 tackles this season. That's pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back