News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

So another sixers/scorchers final then. Some things never change.
I mean Heat get the winner of Stikers/Scorchers game tomorrow night back at The Bank on Monday.

So not set in stone yet. But Yeah, Heat have really bottled this one.

No where near a capacity crowd tonight for the BBL 'Prelim' Final
School goes back tomorrow I believe

But also unless Brown backs up that knock the Heat are gonna have a real hard time beating Sydney on their deck come Wednesday.

But also unless Brown backs up that knock the Heat are gonna have a real hard time beating Sydney on their deck come Wednesday.
Oh...I dunno about that........he only scored 140 and the other 8 scored a huge 74 between them.........what makes you say that?...;)

(we need a sarcasm emoji)

Oh...I dunno about that........he only scored 140 and the other 8 scored a huge 74 between them.........what makes you say that?...;)

(we need a sarcasm emoji)
I wish I could just import emojis over from discord, I could be so much more expressive.

I mean could be worse honestly, Adelaide Strikers only beat him as a team by 20 runs 😂

GDfxXS8XoAA1dg2.jpg

That's the end of my cricket punditry career.

More than 2hrs to get the bus after the Pink concert tonight, that’s longer than the concert. Absolutely pathetic by TransLink and HBS
The stadium just isn’t designed for 40k people to leave into the surrounding area all at once.

Foot traffic, car traffic and public transport were all ridiculous.

More than 2hrs to get the bus after the Pink concert tonight, that’s longer than the concert. Absolutely pathetic by TransLink and HBS
[/QUOT

I've gone to a few concerts now. I think it's easiest to get the train back. Just a long walk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stadium just isn’t designed for 40k people to leave into the surrounding area all at once.

46k to be exact. This HAS to be fixed. We should pull some big-ish crowds this year and will be able to join in the chorus for a proper solution.

Last edited:
46k to be exact. This HAS to be fixed. We should pull some big-ish crowds this year and will be able to join in the chorus for a proper solution. I think we all know the right thing to do is to extend the light rail from Broadbeach to the stadium and connect it to Nerang train station.
There is no solution unless you got 1B spare.

Minimum change is a massive 10m wide pedestrian bridge across the road with bus drop off and pick ups on both sides.
Ive said it before and ill say it again. This would help enormously.

As would widening the path where possible that goes back to the train station.

Loading one bus at a time when there’s multiple pick up points basically because the guys that were controlling it had no idea what they were doing was beyond stupid. Not their fault TransLink and HBS had just picked the cheapest labour possible and as a result it was an absolute disaster. I saw a few groups almost come to blows

Loading one bus at a time when there’s multiple pick up points basically because the guys that were controlling it had no idea what they were doing was beyond stupid. Not their fault TransLink and HBS had just picked the cheapest labour possible and as a result it was an absolute disaster. I saw a few groups almost come to blows

I think as a temporary fix at least after a large attended event if they had seperate lines for each bus or at least the first couple instead of long zig zag lines would make it quicker also

It took over an hour and a half to get from the car park across the road down to the M1 about 5ks away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back