News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me but I don't remember the fireworks going off at the river end at the completion of the our club song when we win until I started seeing it this year. Assuming it's a new introduction this year, I hope they keep it because I think it adds a bit more excitement for the crowd after a win.

Not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me but I don't remember the fireworks going off at the river end at the completion of the our club song when we win until I started seeing it this year. Assuming it's a new introduction this year, I hope they keep it because I think it adds a bit more excitement for the crowd after a win.
Surprised we have firework money now

Hey guys, havent been able to find much info about this. Heading up from Melbourne for the game and it looks like there could be some rain about. Any suggestions on what is fully under cover for seating? Assume the bottom level are all exposed? Level 2 how far back to avoid getting wet?Thanks!

Hey guys, havent been able to find much info about this. Heading up from Melbourne for the game and it looks like there could be some rain about. Any suggestions on what is fully under cover for seating? Assume the bottom level are all exposed? Level 2 how far back to avoid getting wet?Thanks!
prob 10-12 rows back to be sure?

It feels like the seating allocations at the stadium are specifically designed to make it look like the stands are as empty as possible, for anybody watching on tv.

I understand the ticketing is a rort for interstate people paying general admission, however, surely instead of having big sections of empty bays, you fill the front half of the second level all the way around so you don't have empty red seats everywhere (the top half turns grey).

Then the non camera side of the stadium has a lot of people, I understand this is due to the sun during the day, but for both the suns and the giants home games, they both have the same issue. It doesn't seem very well thought out when you're trying to sell the optics of the club to potential new fans tuning in on tv for a look. It's just dumb in my opinion to not make the club look as popular and appealing as possible to the tv viewer.

Anyone been in The Lounge and Balter Beer Garden? Just deciding which one to go for with a trip with the boys
Can't say i've been in the Lounge for a long time. Hopefully, someone else can pipe up and help you out with this one.

I'll take this opportunity to post the attendance for the first four rounds for discussion.

vs Richmond - 22k
vs Adelaide - 11.4k
vs Hawthorn - 13.9k
vs West Coast - 11.4k

Also speaking of Stadium related things, I noticed yesterday that the club used a suggestion I was making years ago with incorporating drum instrumental music after goals more akin to College Football. It absolutely slapped and I think once we start getting bigger crowds in it'll get the vibe kicking off something fierce.

Without CanYouFeelTheSunburn at home games this is the next best thing IMO.

I get what they're trying to do trying to get the "Fight Fight Fight" from the club song over as a chant after goals but I think either "Fight Suns Fight" or "Lets go Suns" to the standard bang bang bang drum beat works better than "Gold Coast (claps)"

Also speaking of Stadium related things, I noticed yesterday that the club used a suggestion I was making years ago with incorporating drum instrumental music after goals more akin to College Football. It absolutely slapped and I think once we start getting bigger crowds in it'll get the vibe kicking off something fierce.

Without CanYouFeelTheSunburn at home games this is the next best thing IMO.

I get what they're trying to do trying to get the "Fight Fight Fight" from the club song over as a chant after goals but I think either "Fight Suns Fight" or "Lets go Suns" to the standard bang bang bang drum beat works better than "Gold Coast (claps)"

I’m just glad they stopped old mate from freestyling on the trumpet like the last game. That sucked haha

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m just glad they stopped old mate from freestyling on the trumpet like the last game. That sucked haha

100% agree

I think if they keep up with the after-goal procedure as it was done yesterday and get it embedded into the mind of the locals we're onto something.

Trumpet > BangBangBang > That should be the cue for the crowd to start a "Lets go Suns" chant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say i've been in the Lounge for a long time. Hopefully, someone else can pipe up and help you out with this one.

I'll take this opportunity to post the attendance for the first four rounds for discussion.

vs Richmond - 22k
vs Adelaide - 11.4k
vs Hawthorn - 13.9k
vs West Coast - 11.4k
Lounge by the length of the straight

Would be nice to see those crowds go up another 4/5k somehow

I was surprised by it being reported as the same crowd as the crows game, it looked a lot less, did it feel like that at the stadium?

I know it rained, but even early doors it didn't look as though it would crack the 10k mark on the tv. I mentioned previously, if there is 11k in a 25kish stadium, that can be made to look decent on tv, with better planning from the club, ticket sales seating locations etc.

I was surprised by it being reported as the same crowd as the crows game, it looked a lot less, did it feel like that at the stadium?

I know it rained, but even early doors it didn't look as though it would crack the 10k mark on the tv. I mentioned previously, if there is 11k in a 25kish stadium, that can be made to look decent on tv, with better planning from the club, ticket sales seating locations etc.

Imagine trying to force 11k people to sit in the direct sun with empty seats all around. They tried that with 1000 people in the VFL prelim final, it did not work

Would be nice to see those crowds go up another 4/5k somehow
This is where the bandwagoners are probably going to come into play. If we keep winning more than we lose then people will jump on the bandwagon and we'll probably see that 16-18k marker hit when we play lower drawing teams like Port Adelaide, around 20k for the medium drawing teams like Melbourne and we'll likely see 20k+ for the bigger drawing games against the likes of Essendon, Collingwood & Carlton.

We briefly saw this come into play in 2014 when we were sitting inside the top 8 with a 7W-4L record going into R12 against the Swans and we pulled 21k to a Sunday afternoon game, then 18k for a R14 Geelong fixture two weeks later while still sitting in the top 8 with a 8W-5L record and finally the highest ever attendance we've seen at Carrara (24k) in the R16 Collingwood game a fortnight later when we were still inside the top 8 and had a record of 9W-5L.

We all know what happened that fateful night against the Pies when our captain injured his shoulder and we completely fell apart from then onward and only recorded one win in our last seven games of the season. The next home game three weeks after Collingwood was against the Saints and we were back to a home crowd of 12k while we were sitting outside the top 8 with a record of 9W-8L. The same can be said about the following home games against Port Adelaide and West Coast that pulled 10k and 11k while we sat outside the top 8 with an overall losing win-loss record.

I think we're in a great position right now to re-create that kind of local bandwagon support if we can keep winning from here and a big one for us is this Lions game at the Gabba because it will create a buffer in terms of our wins vs losses with a very winnable game against North to come the following week. Securing a 6W-3L record feels like it could be enough to covince the locals to jump on the bandwagon and that's a big part of the reason why this next fortnight is sooo important for us because it sets up so many opportunities going forward.

However, the real challenge is winning long enough to turn these bandwagoners into rusted on supporters who will show up to home games no matter what. It takes more than just half a season of hope to make significant inroads into crowd increases... but that's a conversation for another day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back